Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Thanks to the goons in the discord, for them steering me on the right path. I have a few questions still probably better suited for a forum:

- Do droprates stack? In other words, two 6* Lara Crofts and a 6* Xon would be how much extra droprate boost? I'm also working on my 9S TMR as well, which I hear helps. Does it have to be equipped to 9S? So then, I have to bring him on my farm parties for that boosted droprate then, huh?

- Do events come back? I've been playing pretty casually up until now, getting logins and doing some of the low level events here and there but never really putting much effort into this. I am a bit bummed I've missed so much. I've done some of the harder mode content but I haven't even unlocked Sakura in the main story.

- How long does it take to complete the main story? What rewards does completing the story give? (aside from rookie quests, does it give anything useful?) So far from these Earth Keys I've gotten junk like Analyze or a Red Hat which give a pittance of stats. Meh. Anything that stands out I need to make sure I get? I would like to do the Nemesis fights for the equipment.

- Is Onyx Spirit of Ra or Gold Ring of Set worth making? I am not sure what to make, and what to skip. I've made two Icy Deaths to stick each on Lara Croft so far.

- I am at 575k and counting on this raid. Do you think I'll have enough to get the Glitz gem before it goes away on the 23rd? At 5 raid orbs in 5 hours, I question whether there is literally the time. I hit somewhere in the ballpark of 20k points per run. Is there anything I can do to directly improve my score?

- How often can I use someone's Friend Unit?

- How do I level up someone's LB?

- When do events come out and how long do they last?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kjermzs posted:

I wanted to say that I did this twice with only 5* Crofts (no dual wield). The Chain caps at 13 so you have to fire off both attacks super fast. I used a Cupid Luna for the -40% light res.

How are you doing it? I can't get this going...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kjermzs posted:

You have to fire off the two crofts pretty fast, I used the training dummy in farplane to make sure I was getting the chain right, if you are too slow you will only get a 9 chain and you are shooting for 13. Make sure they have the same element equipped like muffin said, I used two toxic shotguns from the event. Then get the timing right on pre-firing the chain cap.

Did it once with a group of 5 and a second time with a group of six and TTerra firing an Ultima for the magic kill.

Best I was able to do was to get him to half health with an emulator doing the clicking for me. I assumed I'd survive 1 turn for another attempt. rip, I should have just restarted.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I pulled E.Aileen from a yolo 4*+ ticket.

I was ready to cry from a 6th Soliel but then

:D

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kjermzs posted:

You have to fire off the two crofts pretty fast, I used the training dummy in farplane to make sure I was getting the chain right, if you are too slow you will only get a 9 chain and you are shooting for 13. Make sure they have the same element equipped like muffin said, I used two toxic shotguns from the event. Then get the timing right on pre-firing the chain cap.

Did it once with a group of 5 and a second time with a group of six and TTerra firing an Ultima for the magic kill.

I would see the chain getting to 13+ and then still only do anywhere from 35% HP remaining to 67% remaining.

Very frustrating. I used WoL's arms eraser and got killed anyways....because apparently I was petrified. gently caress.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kjermzs posted:

Were you also applying a -40% light res rebuff?

I used tgc and two laras. I even had an emulator do some of the timing for me.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ugato posted:

I can throw up my Basch for people who have dps units but can’t one-shot it or survive the onslaught of damage. WoL would probably do the trick too but Basch does a lot more self-healing and has virtually infinite mp via counters. You can even mag break to reduce the AoE fire damage. Just keep up the AoE physical cover and you’ll negate like 80% of his offense. He’s also a dodge build, so he has Alterna which you can use for the magic kill condition (start casting it, do your chain to kill the boss. Alterna landing after the boss has hit 0 hp will trigger the condition).

Most healers should be able to keep up with the group fire damage, especially if you have anyone that can give a fire resist buff.

Could you? I'd like to try it at least

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ugato posted:

Threw him up. 70% fr, status immunity and 100% evade. Should basically be invincible. Just have to be able to keep yourself alive versus the AoE fire damage and keep confusion from loving your own team up. And do more than a million damage per turn (if you can do 10% per turn you should be fine). Be sure to use the physical cover.

What's your fc? I couldn't find it anywhere

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I spent 10k lapis and got zag guy... I also got explorer aileen. Maybe I spent my luck for Fina.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

dangerous.hotdog posted:

She has Xon's passive (rare). ExAileen, disappointingly, has the Locke version (common).

e:f;b

So wait....do these not stack?

Should I bring Xon/Lara/Lara/ExAileen/Pod153 for maximum droprate?

I don't have locke or pirate jake.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

15k lapis and all I get is Kunshira instead of a healer

I got Rem, which apparently is the third best healer behind Ayaka and CG Fina, which is OK, but still disappointing I suppose.

I suppose I can't complain too much because I got two rainbows in one pull but...

Questions on what's worth TMRing:

Divine Soleil: I have two of her TMRs but 3 more of her
Wadow: I have 3 of these
Goken: I have 3 of these
Glauca: I have 2 of these
Veritas of the Waters: I have two of these
Aria: I have two of these
Werei: I have two of these
Abel: I have two of these
Soleil: I have two of these
Elle: I have two of these
Gaffgarion: I have two of these
Garnet: I have two of these
Olif: I have two of these

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just got genji gloves and I have two zidanes. Should I get the dw materia from the store? What about the armor?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ugato posted:

Armor’s ok. DW is always great. It’s a dramatic bump in effectiveness for even expedition units. I have Genji, 2 awesome adventurer, 2 DW and 3 Bowie knives and I still picked one up.

As far as the tm’s go, rainbow robe is great but VoL’s TM is underrated I say. If you have a mage I’d prioritize that because it’s going to stay glued to them.

I don't have VoL, I have VoF/VoE/VoW though

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

Basically you want to queue up two units that have similar frames and then hit them one after the one as fast as you can. If you're playing on an emulator you can use a macro to ensure those units spark chain for maximum efficiency but on a mobile device you either need to be really quick or use the magnification trick. You'll also have varying results based on the frames of the attack. Orlandeau's divine retribution frames are pretty easy to manual chain with just two units but units like Tidus and Onion Knight are a lot harder.

I don't have any issues with chaining my ok and another ok friend on Android. Just place them next to each other and hit it within 500ms

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ugato posted:

Reagan is one of the best starter characters there is

"Starter"? Is this a free unit??

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

Can I pay attention to the star rating for any indication of what type of item it is?

Not really. You can't sort by stars either.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What about regular Delita 7*? Does Zarg have a 7* too or no?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

They’re also getting 10 loving raid orbs...

:argh:

Why wasn't this a thing to begin with? It's very annoying to have 5.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I took wol, ramza, Orlandeau, friend fry, and yshtola

I buffed with ramza rap+2, arms broke with wol, armor break, light is with us, reapply arms break to birds, chained with tgc and fry on Garuda and used yshtola to heal. Ysh healing was probably overkill since ramza was technically healing too.

I tried killing the adds first, and failed miserably. So I nuked Garuda and then went after top bird. Was fine. Got all the missions.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Dana Crysalis posted:

Honestly, and this is a serious issue, GL has so much more Dodge Gear that a Physical Provoke Tank absolutely NEEDS to bring something better to the table nowadays. Because there are support units who bring great kits that can also flawlessly provoke tank thanks to full dodge. Behold, a budget Zargleblargle. no 5* TMs, very few event gears (True Spirit and Defender)

Zargabaath 6★
Right hand: Defender ATK+65
Left hand: Moogle Plushie DEF+25, SPR+25
Head: Cross Helm HP+5%, ATK+6, DEF+26
Body: Assassin's Vest DEF+40, SPR+20
Accessory 1: Gauntlets ATK+20%, DEF+5, SPR+5
Accessory 2: Twenty-sided Die
Materia 1: Evade
Materia 2: Evade
Materia 3: Evade
Materia 4: True Spirit of Freedom ATK+20% Dodge 15%
Esper: Golem HP+55, MP+43, ATK+32, DEF+45, MAG+16, SPR+16
Total: HP:5495, MP:300, ATK:402, DEF:378, MAG:176, SPR:268

What does this bring you? A provoke tank (thanks to golem and plushie) that doesn't NEED damage mitigation because he dodges it all, brings solid buffs to the table (damage mitagation, elem resists, 60% buffs, some status resists), a major MP restore (ST 50% MP), etc, etc...

Pair with a magic cover tank and you're good to go!

I am glad I have awakened my 1/2 Zargs, I don't have sazh tmr, I don't have moogle plushie (close), I don't have defender, or 3 evade tmrs either (at most I have 2 in the oven)

But, the fact I can do this eventually is pretty cool!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Only works on cell phones.

it makes my chrome lag and choke on my phone so I gave up.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

CG Fina. I'm OK with this

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It bothers me that he doesn't have innate dw. He uses two weapons!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They reset the raid rewards at least so now theres at least a reason to go 1.5 months of back to back raiding :smith:

And Kain can chain with Lila AND the piledriver family so now he's a pretty solid chainer.

I thought they said they're not reset?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Two tix got me nichol
250 pull got me Fohlen

The rest of my pulls were poo poo

• Locked thread