Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Victis
Mar 26, 2008

PDQ Law posted:

Woof. Made a try at Sheratan, wiped at 1%. The heck of it is I might have been able to pull it off if I had gone all-in with what was left of my B team instead of trying to buy time to recover after most of my A team was mp-drained and killed. Still, from what I learned about the flow of battle, I'm sure my next try will go much smoother. All-in-all, I think it is an enjoyable challenge.

My biggest joy was this first opportunity to use enhanced Emperor. He was the main attacker on my A team and by the time I got to the fruit phase his stack was big enough to kill the first fruit in two turns, but then everything fell apart.

EVO MAG-kitted Garnet calling Bahamut to cap a chain (I used 2 pods) can wipe Sheratan and the fruits from 49% or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Mill Village posted:

I haven't played this game since August so I don't know the meta at all. What major changes should I be aware of? I think I remember hearing about evolutions that required 5 copies of that particular unit.

on the JP servers they introduced a new tier, 7*, which requires merging 2 copies of a base 5-star unit. They added super TMRs too, which are good but not meta-defining iirc (mostly big stat sticks etc.). Those need even more copies of units although they have mentioned adding special STMR moogles.

None of that is particularly close to coming to global. They upped the 5* gacha rates by a significant amount here?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

KDdidit posted:

Getting around to Sheratan and had a few questions on getting through the first 50%. What's a good plan without Ayaka or Tillith? I kinda got lucky my first try with Wilhelm (tank), Soleil(buff/debuff), Ace(mana regen/pod damage reduction), Rem (heal), and Emporer (dps). I got it to 49% and was ready to kill it with a Barbie and Shant Tornado chain, capped by an Evo'd up Garnet Bahamut, but lo and behold I never filled the esper bar. Did it again but got worn down trying to fill the Esper bar.

So I guess the big things are:

1.) Which tank/gear/rotation? I have all of them other than WNK
2.) Cryst generation? Emperor can toast him quick with FFB, but that does poo poo for orbs
2a.) I know I can use Garnet's LB to fill the bar, but not sure how to keep her up if she's filled with 4 +10% Evo materia
3.) Healing? I have Rem's stuff awakened and she can put out probably 5.5k worth of healing with dual Cures, but as I said, it doesn't keep up with the damage
3a.)Guessing some kind of Rikku cheese? Not sure my tank will be up long enough for her to charge her LB to raise him though

Have every 4* of note (except Tillith of course) with 2 pods, 1 pouch, and that Dragon from the raids TM. Other 5* bases that could be helpful: Marie, Cid, and TT

I used EV (provoke/AoE earth ward) with a Charlotte cover and I don't remember anyone else taking damage during the first phase.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Looks like they're adding a Gacha rate display to the global client, so there's that.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Elnath down, used Ashe with dualcast as my magic DPS and one-shotted phase 3 using the reflect trick

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

24 tickets, one 10+1 and the daily free and 1/2 got me

The 5* Archer and Tidus #2. I'll take it. Too bad archers are such hot garbage.

Isn't Ang supposed to be crazy with a FD build?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Candlelight Virgil posted:

unless you're from the future idk what to make of your post

There's only 28 days in February, so if you miss a login you can't get the final bonus

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

HGH posted:

So is Leviathan 2 just an RNG fuckfest? Because throwing random infinite damage instakills or just spamming AoEs if he feels like it is reminding me badly of a certain halloween skeleton.

I did it with a beefy Mystea with the appropriate elemental resists (she even comes with aoe stop resist), a dodge/provoke Noctis, and Rikku for reraise/hypernullall.

Was pretty easy, didn't take much damage besides the non-elemental AoE and they were always atk/mag broken.

edit: I forgot about the bubbles attack but I always had Reraise up

Victis fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 4, 2018

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Yeah I edited a few things because I wasn't remembering the fight well. I did keep TGC/Noctis breaks up the whole time though. 2xTGC, Tilith, Rikku, Noct, Mystea.

I actually did it twice for completion's sake since I didn't cast enough spells the first time

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Weird poo poo like a Tomb Raider crossover rules

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Mystea/Chow/Basch (100% water/ice resist)
DPS/breakers (Orlandeau + friend in my case)
Dodge/provoke tank (Noctis)
Rikku
Healer (Tilith)

Worked for me (no wipes, did it twice because I forgot to cast spells the first time)

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Yeah, i went in with 2 OKs, Chow, WoL and Roy expecting to need to get all my buffs set up, instead the OKs OTKOed the guy. I will say though that I think the last Exploration that had any kind of bullshit boss was that FF2 one with Golbez, who casted Death on you, and it's been ages since then. Surprisingly Gumi seems to have figured out that spending 15 minutes getting through an exploration to get RNGed by a boss is bad design.

Also, leave your Beatrix/Eikos up people the raid boss isn't that hard either, though I suppose I don't really care as I cleared everything I wanted from King Mog after hitting the trifecta of triple bonus encounters back to back. God, how I wish you could break larger crysts into the smaller ones.

I don't mind hard fights at all but give me a save point before the boss Gumi

edit: Golbez should be hard, also give me 5* base Golbez and not just the FFIV TAY version

Victis fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 9, 2018

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

hagie posted:

I have an enhanced Ace and literally never use him.

You aren’t missing much.

I use mine all the time for his giant imperil and on-cast MP refresh

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Kjermzs posted:

I want to make sure I am correctly wraping my head around chains. My plan is to trick TTerra the gently caress out and level up Cor as a chaining buddy. I also have another Cor and a zillion TTerra buddies. Is 2 Cors and 2 TTerras crazy chain town or is the 2nd Cor overkill? I'm running WoL and Yan as well.

Edit: As a weapon for Cor is there a Katana that is easy to obtain and better then Raikiri(silver chest)?

Also, is 6.5million gil a good stockpile until the next time its turtles all the way down? I have 8k lapis and im half way through Pharm to give you an idea of my available resources.

Purple Lightning from the Lasswell Training the Soul mission in the Vortex should be easy enough to get, the next step up is Genji Blade from the Gilgamesh trial. People can set up a friend unit to solo it if you don't feel like your team is up to it; just takes a while iirc.

I'm sure there's a way to math it up but at a certain point buffers/imperils/breaks become better than just throwing another chainer in, especially if you can Spark Chain.

edit: Trance Terra's good enhancements (everything but ultima) cost like 3.5mil if you haven't done that already.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

I was doing that for a while but now I just sell Bediles/Sabins/Duanes/etc. Not worth the time it takes to fuse, the unit slots, or slots for the TMs I'll never use

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

How? Man-Eater is better than any of the +30% of +40% ATK materias.. (Quick Assault, Widsom, Proud Fencer, etc) but not better than the 50% of 60% (Weapon type mastery, Sworn Six's Pride - Dark, etc) for overall damage.

http://ffbeequip.lyrgard.fr

Makes it trivial to see what the best setup is. Answer: it's almost always worth equipping 50% or better killers (as many as you can). Then after that you try to get as close as you can to 300% attack.

edit: beaten by PBJ

Victis fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 14, 2018

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Sheratan down, all missions except the esper kill (gently caress that noise). Now just have the robot, Malboro, and the other 12 arm trial boss todo.

Relevant to the current discussion,
Ang with plant killer LB was hilarious

Garnet/Eiko can do so much damage with Bahamut/Leviathan as a chain finisher that they make those missions (especially on 10-mans where you can just swap them in) pretty easy.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Cobalt60 posted:

can I one-turn this apep with 2x Orlandeaus, 2x Aileen, 1x Soleil?

Probably? I did it with 2x TGC and one VotD. Soleil buffing/breaking and a random unit to land a spell somewhere in the chain.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

62 regular tickets, 14 4*, let's go

Seabreeze Dark Fina #1
Lunera #4 (lol)
Gladiolus #1
Zargabaath #1

Finally Lotus Mage Fina #1 pretty deep in the 4* guaranteed tickets. I've managed to dodge Ayaka up 'til now so that's good.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

I pulled x2 rikkus in 5 ticket pulls on this banner. Was hoping for tidus but it looks like rikku is decent?

Rikku got me through some trials when she first came out based on her OP (for the time) limit break and hypernullall but I haven't needed her lately.

I use her TM for Eccentrick all the time though

efb

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

BGrifter is just super weird about mobile games guys, he got laughed out of the future fight thread for being a dork there as well

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Olive and Fryevia were really ahead of their time when they came out in GL. Olive sort of fell to the wayside given her role is pretty niche but she's still carved herself a really nice spot out there for people that just dont have a full set of TDH gear. Fryevia to this day can still output damage thats higher than JP units that we are just getting

I really want to see her 7* form whenever gumi comes out with it. I joked about giving her onion knight frames a long time ago but it really is the best choice now that we know 7* duke also has OK frames.

I mean they could just fix her HE frames

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

I got a 3* Kefka with my 30 mil ticket today. Is he worth boosting up to 6*, or is the payoff middlin?

He's not particularly useful.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Is there a cheat to Machina of Destruction ELT?

There's not a 'cheat' in that I think it's still one of the harder trials? It's also very dependent on what units you have access to.

It should be much easier to tank/DPS with the units out now compared to release though.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

More importantly 20 anniversary xenogears raid out of loving nowhere

What the gently caress

Goddamn I love the first disc of Xenogears

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

fullTimeLurker posted:

Just used a 5ex ticket and pulled a Marie.

Other than her TM is she worth leveling at this point? I’ve already beaten Marlboro and all the other trials so far.

Marie is cool and good, but if you don't need her you don't need her? Her reflect stacks with Carbuncle so it's pretty nasty for trials too

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

re: Macros

The only time I've seen it stall is when the units are too weak to kill the enemy. I'd just try moving your slots around.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

This works with the newest version of IOS (or hardware, i.e. no home button) as well, where you swipe down from the top-right corner to access the control panel. There's a moment of 'lag' when you swipe the panel away and it transitions back to the suspended app, and your inputs go off all at once when it's over.

Victis fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 16, 2018

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

hagie posted:

I remember Bahamut, Titan and Ifrit being way harder, but the metas were considerably different. I think Ifrit and maybe Titan were Barrage meta...

TGC dropped in the middle of the Ifrit raid so I blasted the hell out of him the second week.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Is this another Escape From Battles King Mog Event?

Depends? I'm using 2 non-bonus units to be lazy and just OTKO all of the single mob fights/boss, and run from the 4-mob fight. I don't think the fights are worth much though.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I've pulled a Reberta since the Bahamut raid, so that will actually be really nice to finally get her TMR. Besides that, this will be strictly for selling coins cause gently caress everything else.

Reddit says the coins are worth 1 each so...

I think I have a Zyrus for a free TM at least.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Xenogears part 2 coming to the JP servers, with Citan shown thus far.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

new kind of cat posted:

does he fight with his fists or with his sword?

https://twitter.com/FFBE_JP/status/997440645726810113?s=19

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Am I correct in thinking that in regard to Summon damage, the best course of action is just to wait for Bahamut 2*?

Bahamut 2* isn't even out in JP yet

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

If anyone wants to put up a high-class Barbariccia with Beast Killer+, want to chain Chimera down with a Shantotto

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

KDdidit posted:

I put one up if you still need it, we're already friends.

Thanks! That and a 800 MAG Shantotto straight annihilated it

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Well, least I can throw all these Thancreds in the woodchipper

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'll probably be able to scrounge up 10 useless 5* with TMRs to grind into coins to get a UoC ticket. Unless the really fix up VoL, VoF, Delita, Marie and it's not like I'm going to use Marshall Glove girl so there, 10 5* into the grinder

None of you would be as useful as a second wilhelm.

Oh snap ANOTHER FFT event with Beowulf and Ultima. Ultima chains with Elly and T.Terra while Beowulf is going to be hybrid damage and breaker. Also increasing the amount of UoC tickets to 3 on this moogle

UoC ticket is 1/10th of a unit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Man I wanna join in on the fun but it's tough to commit with

Roy
2 Ramza
2 Zargabaath
4 Lunera

• Locked thread