Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Daily 1/2 pull was a rainbow... Elfreeda. What a roller coaster of emotions.

What I want to know is if Christine's Snow Burial spark-chains with T.Terra's awakened chaos wave, because that opens up a great pairing for any 10-man trial that is not ice- or magic-resistant.

Does Kryla's Hex Eye max out at 5 ailments/50k damage as reported? It does fixed damage, so it can be useful against high def/spr enemies. I could see it paired with the Imperil spell, since that applies 6 elemental debuffs that are never resisted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Welp, I burned my stockpile of 60 tickets, 4 4* tickets, 4 4* EX tickets, and 8 10+1 tickets, but did not pull Christine.

However, I did pull:
Dark Veritas
Kryla
Loren
Fryevia
Ayaka
Wilhelm
Fohlen #2.

At least I can use DV+Agrias as chainers for 10-man trials which was the point of this spree, and once I level up Ayaka I can catch up on the trials.

PDQ Law fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 23, 2017

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Two top tier attackers and THE top tier healer.

Ahh I thought you drew wilhelm, welp still a good set but not nearly enough 5* in there given the pulls

Edited, yes it was Wilhelm, Mr. Tank. He's on the back burner though since all my LB pots are going to Ayaka, and enhanced 100% evasion WoL serves my tanking needs for now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

How do you beat this Air Buster gently caress?

Enhanced 100% evasion WoL provoking on round 1, AOE cover on round 2. Otherwise, I think iNichol making a 100% evasion unit cover can do it, or Rikku's LB if that's not possible.

I can put up my enhanced 100% evasion WoL if you want.

PDQ Law fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 23, 2017

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Does anyone want a Dark Espers carry? I just ran Dark Veritas to get the trust moogle reward, since it was easier than swapping around a whole team's gear.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I put back my 100% dodge WoL for anyone not running iNichol.

364 859 209

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Woof. Made a try at Sheratan, wiped at 1%. The heck of it is I might have been able to pull it off if I had gone all-in with what was left of my B team instead of trying to buy time to recover after most of my A team was mp-drained and killed. Still, from what I learned about the flow of battle, I'm sure my next try will go much smoother. All-in-all, I think it is an enjoyable challenge.

My biggest joy was this first opportunity to use enhanced Emperor. He was the main attacker on my A team and by the time I got to the fruit phase his stack was big enough to kill the first fruit in two turns, but then everything fell apart.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Burnt that tree down in 15 turns once I was prepared to deal with the MP drain. 7 turns to get to 49%, 4 turns to kill Sheratan including 1 turn with Emperor swapped out as I recovered mp, then 2 each for the fruits.

My ridiculous team was Ayaka, Zarg, Mystea, 100% evasion WoL, Emperor, and backup Tilith for the mp drain turn. I would have done better if I kept track of when buffs and breaks were expiring, but the joy of this team is I didn't need to. Like, I could have downed the 2nd fruit in 1 turn if I used WoL's spr break, maybe the 1st as well.

Victis posted:

EVO MAG-kitted Garnet calling Bahamut to cap a chain (I used 2 pods) can wipe Sheratan and the fruits from 49% or whatever

Thanks, I'll have to do this when I go back for the moogle reward. I geared my B team for this, but instead I stuck with Emperor because I find it hilarious how powerful his FfB gets and it only generated 2 esper orbs over the entire battle.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Giant Gingerbread Man was annoying. Mystea was key for casting stop resistance and tanking the Consume. In my run the boss kept spamming Consume when I got him below 50%, so I couldn't put him down until turn 11. Guess I'll only be making 1 joyful spirit for Wilhelm.

I was thinking, if Joyful Spirits stack then 2 might be useful for anyone short on Discernments or Ribbons, since 2 would effectively be an HP 20% and most of a Discernment.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Cobalt60 posted:

Serious request: If you find use for 2x Reberta, please post details here. She and Aileen are my 5* dupes who never see any play time ever (other than Delita, K.Delita... ugh)

If you were farming a tough story event and had no infinite mp restore units (ex. Ace, Roselia, Tilith+Zarg), tag-team Rebertas can alternate AOE attack and recovery jump so you can reach the mid/end-bosses with full mp/hp, then take on the bosses chaining Mystic Thrusts or their LBs.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Is the Snow Gown worth grinding for? I'm sitting on 18k candy canes but haven't yet unlocked the last story level and I've only made one Joyful Spirit so far.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Evasion DV is not as exciting as a D.Rain who counters the boss to death, but the DV I have up is now untouchable by this raid boss (at the cost of swapping out two sources of dragonkiller). He absorbs the dark magic attacks, evades the fire and normal physical attacks, and can still holy chain with Friendlandeaus.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Mill Village posted:

I haven't played this game since August so I don't know the meta at all. What major changes should I be aware of? I think I remember hearing about evolutions that required 5 copies of that particular unit.

Meta-changing units released:
Ayaka is here, and will be a top healer for some time.

Mystea (JP Mistair) is here, bringing the AOE magic cover tank meta.

Cloud is here, ushering in the era of True Doublehand (TDH, also shin-doublehand) Fixed Dice (FD) builds for whales.

Roy is here and Ramza enhancements are supposed to be next, meaning the bard meta is starting.

Other unit things to note:
Noctis and his TMR were un-nerfed.
Notable limited release units you won't get were Halloween's Illusionist Nichol, who can turn any other unit into an AOE physical cover tank, and Christmas's Christine, who among other unique things can perfect chain with enhanced T.Terra.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Is there an up-to-date chaining database or something somewhere one can consult?

I assume you want a big list to look at, and not the macro-creating website?
The reddit list seems to be updated frequently: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/chokmdchains

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

Managed to barely beat the raid on pro with all the neat stuff I got lately. Barbariccia landed a few clutch counters to finish it off as the only one alive.

I also have a DV up who can carry the raid ELT. My ID is 364 859 209

If you haven't done the Dark Esper trial yet I can set up DV to do that as well.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

Thanks! I sent you a request too.

Now I feel weak and unimpressive.

Added. You'll get there eventually. All this talk about future 7* power creep got me remembering the March Ifrit raid, which I think was the first that required a full 6* team and even then I couldn't do it without NinjaD's Lightning carry.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

suuma posted:

Can anybody set up a Gilgamesh carry for me? I had to start over after Facebook disabled my rank 100 account :v: I'm especially mad about it because I had 1-2 of every unit in this enhancement batch...

But anyway! 310 287 384.

I sent you a request. My DV is now set up to solo the Dark Espers if you need that.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
7 tickets got me 4 Larsas, so my farming team is set.

Reddit says this build of T.Terra can solo LGD, so I'll be giving that a try once my DV is no longer useful:
Esper: Ifrit
-Black Cowl (for Sleep immunity)
-Rainbow Robe
-Ring of the Lucii
-Ring of the Lucii

-Quick Assault
-Quick Assault

-Mechanical Heart (for extra SPR and self-healing)
-Adventurer V (40% MAG/SPR)

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I've only run LGD 16 times, but by my approximation the increased bonus enemy rate in LGD is effectively bringing an extra +25% bonus unit. So if you have to bring fewer bonus units to be able to run LGD my current results indicate it is better to run ELT.

Assumptions I make:
1) MK bonus enemy rates are the same across events. I excluded the events with golden bombs or chocobos so I could use the in-game kill counter.
2) For rates 2 low-value bonus enemies = 1 high-value bonus enemy. (For Yensa, 1 bonus enemy = 1000 bonus currency.)

In the past 3 MK events I averaged around 1 bonus enemy / 5 ELT bosses, which would be 200 bonus currency per ELT boss in Yensa.
In my 16 runs of Yensa LGD I am averaging 1 bonus enemy / 2 LGD bosses, or 500 bonus currency per LGD boss.

200 bonus currency per ELT boss (25 nrg) = 8 bonus currency/nrg
500 bonus currency per LGD boss (40 nrg) = 12.5 bonus currency/nrg
It's 17 base currency/nrg for either ELT or LGD, so the difference of 4.5 bonus currency/nrg is about the same as an extra +25% bonus unit.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Guy Farting posted:

How is everyone equipping their trance Terra for LGD, I don't have any ring of lucii

If you don't have any RoLs but have your heart set on running LGD instead of ELT, you are better off trying to build an evasion auto-attack unit like A2, Tidus, or Molt-enhanced Chizuru and using an escape ability to skip the trash mobs.

The tradeoff in MAG for an evasion T.Terra if you don't have at least 1 RoL means it will take a long time to beat the Salamand Entite. It will also take a long time with an evasion auto-attack unit, but you can just turn on auto and let it run until you win. This will save your sanity if you're running Yensa LGD multiple times a day.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
The update removed the +30% atk/mag from RoL, but they quickly pushed a fix. Restart FFBE and it will download the fix. That might have been the cause of the Entite appearing stronger.

I've switched to an evasion Noctis as my friend unit since I didn't know how fast they would fix it. The game is running slower for me right now, so I'm going to stick with this since escaping the non-bonus trash mobs and killing the Entite is faster with Noctis than T.Terra.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Did this update increase the buff for the series bonus in arena? I could have sworn that before my buffed Ashes used to have 7k HP, but now they have 8k HP?

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
If anyone has trouble with the Yensa Sandsea Exploration or is still farming Yensa LGD, I've put up this T.Terra who can solo Urutan Eater and the Salamand Entite. If there are no chocobos in the Exploration she can probably handle all the battles there too, although you may have to heal after fighting wyverns.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

Reminder to spend your Urutan Flowers / FF12 King Mog currency before it all disappears soon!

Thanks for this reminder. I've been mostly TM farming on Memu since the update lags on my phone, so I probably would have missed this.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Cobalt60 posted:

Great, so I'll probably go with the crew below. To confirm, it's OK to use DW Aileens, right? That video has TDH stuff and I have none of those TMs.

Aileen
Aileen
Aileen friend
Wilhelm
Ayaka
Roy

... but does that setup still take 4 hours to kill, or whatever? Or is there a specific guide to look for using that comp?

The guide on the wiki has a poorly fleshed out "Brute Force" strategy, which is what you'll use with that team.
You need to deal with the all the attacks listed in Phase 1 (1 Arm Burst, 1 Genocide Beam, Up to 5 normal attacks) plus the World Destroyers that the body does below 70% HP and the Right Arm's buffs.
Also, it sounds like the Right Arm goes buff-crazy after the body dies, so give those Aileens a way to dispel. Odin's fingersnap or Bushido Freedom will work.

Finally, I'd suggest Tilith instead of Ayaka as healer so you can do the "No Magic" mission and get World Destroyer.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I won't be trying the trial until this afternoon, but doesn't it seem like a showcase for Kryla's superpoison? Kanshou and Bakuya each have only 2.8 million HP and are vulnerable to all breaks, so whittle them down with fixed-damage superpoison, then use their granted skills and kill them both in one turn?

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
It took me 28 turns until the dragon skills lined up correctly, but I got all missions done with Kryla's hex whittling them down while Ramza sang and everyone else either turtled or maintained breaks and imperils on the dragons. I think the trial was a great demonstration of Kryla's ability to manage enemy HP.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

MohShuvuu posted:

I've been skipping the event in favour of TMR farming. Is there even anything even important from this event?

The 2 Flax Shields you can craft have the highest SPR for non-TMR light shields, plus they give +50% water resist and -50% fire weakness. Elemental resist gear is always valuable, if niche.

The Jade Sun Pendant is a craftable accessory that gives immunity to poison, paralyze, and confusion. It also gives HP+380, ATK+20, so it could be more useful than a ribbon or discernment.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
My 10+1 ticket was worthless, 4* was William and 10 blues. However, my 1/2 daily was a rainbow: Yun! Once I level and enhance him I'll have a chaining partner for my Nyxes who doesn't compete for the same gear.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
The raid boss also did a bunch of status attacks (confusion, paralysis, and blind?) while I was slowly grinding it down to get the esper summon.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Kjermzs posted:

Is anyone else available as a carry for the raid? I've got arisu, Hagie, B.U.T.Tz and NinjaD added already. Another goon or two would be awesome. My ID is 055.666.986

If you free up space you can add me as well. ID: 364 859 209

My friend unit is also Noctis who can solo the raid. He should also be able to solo the upcoming raid trial, although I may swap him out for an evasion WoL if that's better for getting the missions done.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I've heard suggestions that in JP at the time of this raid they did not have as much evasion gear available, so they probably don't have 100% evasion units.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
1/2 daily: Vayne

Free pull: Galuf

Then 10 normal tickets on the banner got me two rainbows: Ace and Eiko! Plus 2 Black Waltzs.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I've swapped my Noctis for a T.Terra who can solo every event right now.

Her rotation is:
1) Magical Activation
2) dual 0mp Chaos Wave
3) dual 35mp Chaos Wave Awakened
4) repeat until victory.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

KDdidit posted:

What resistances does she need for LGD? I can probably make one too.

My reward for having a daughter named Beatrix was getting Beatrix on a generic ticket pull.

I've seen mobs use lightning and ice, and Beatrix uses lightning magic and a paralysis attack. I assume the mobs also use fire for lore reasons, but I haven't seen it yet.
If you're skipping the mobs you only need 100% lightning resistance. However, the LGD mobs drop 7-8 currency per round this time, instead of just 1.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Shout-out to anyone who left a machine-killer friend up instead of switching to a Steiner while the raid is still going on.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

HGH posted:

Wait is this like FF12 where all the enemies before Beatrix only drop 1 ticket? Have I been doing this the hard way assuming they aren't stupid and "fixed" that instead of just escaping from every fight?

For this FF9 event the trash mobs drop 7-8 currency. The team I run has 350% in bonus units and I ran FF12 LGD around 75 times, so for my case killing the trash mobs would be worth more than 13k currency by the end of the event.

Killing the trash mobs is worth it if it doesn't change the number of bonus units you use and you don't mind the time spent. If you have to swap out any bonus unit to safely kill the trash mobs then it is better to escape them. Time-wise I tend to get bored towards the end of the event and just start skipping them to get it done faster.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
As a rule of thumb, a type-killer ability is equivalent to 2x its value in ATK at the game's current power-creep levels.

So a 50% beast killer is equivalent to a +100% ATK vs. beasts. The 75% Dragon Killer+ is equivalent to +150% ATK/MAG vs. dragons.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Kjermzs posted:

It looks like Rod Mastery from The Octopus Teacher is the only thing that isn't TMR, does anyone have a carry available for it? I quick google showed that Noctis could pull it off.

I put up Noctis on Diabolos with the Ulric Kukri + Hero Shield build (IGN: PDQ). Just follow the same instructions that are out there for this build.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

"We heard you wanted the FFX event because you missed out on summoner Eiko, so here's what you asked for!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Kumog posted:

Just got a 5* Emperor from the 250 lapis draw, how's he overall?

Also, would he be worth subbing in for any of this team?

5* Spellblade Cat
5* Blossom Sage Sakura
6* Aileen
4* Cecil/Mystea
4* Divine Soleil

Your BS Sakura is superior to Emperor, and she is more versatile. His role is magic damage with his signature fire-based stacking skill Fire From Below, compared to BS Sakura's lightning stacking skill.

Here are what I see as his pro's for your team:
If you max out his LB it gives the highest all element imperil at 64%, but that's only if you max out his LB.
He gets the fire/ice/lightning -ga spells at 5* lvl3, and I think there are some early story missions that require those spells.
His TMR is the best rod in the game, and you've already got two strong magic attackers who could use it.

• Locked thread