Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I mean...at least we won.

And conditions were horrible.

But jeez. Last week it was the defense, this week it was the offense. I'm telling myself it was just because it was as warm as the vacuum of space with winds from Tierra del Fuego that we struggled to move the ball at all.

Edit: watching that fourth quarter was torture though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Foles looked completely lost anytime he was tasked with passing. He seemed to only know where Ertz was, ever, and if that wasn't an option it was just deer in the headlights.

He needs to play the entire game next week and figure some poo poo out.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Coolwhoami posted:

Was it the one of the guy going WHAT with his eyes all bugged out? I might be able to get you what you need.

Yeah, that’s the one. That would be great.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Shere posted:

Foles looked completely lost anytime he was tasked with passing. He seemed to only know where Ertz was, ever, and if that wasn't an option it was just deer in the headlights.

He needs to play the entire game next week and figure some poo poo out.

Maybe the Eagles can hang a bell around Alshon Jeffrey's neck so Foles starts looking at him I guess?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Hey guys

Beginning to think that everyone is bad

Except the Patriots of course, because there is no god and we are alone.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nervous posted:

Maybe the Eagles can hang a bell around Alshon Jeffrey's neck so Foles starts looking at him I guess?

Nah you put bells on bell-cow running backs obviously.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I've been home for an hour and a half and I'm still shivering. Bringing a blanket next time.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

It's amazing this year how many ways, big and small, we've learned how absolutely terrible Fisher was.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Noctone posted:

It's amazing this year how many ways, big and small, we've learned how absolutely terrible Fisher was.

And he will still find work as a coach

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

LiquidFriend posted:

Carr is awful without elite level blocking.

This but Foles.

It's going to be baffling seeing him hoist the NFC Championship trophy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

This but Foles.

It's going to be baffling seeing him hoist the NFC Championship trophy.

With foles they don’t win a game.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Don't underestimate the Eagles D at home.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

FizFashizzle posted:

With foles they don’t win a game.

Right right. They win two games, exactly.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

Hey guys

Beginning to think that everyone is bad

Except the Patriots of course, because there is no god and we are alone.

LA Rams are truly our only hope.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elephanthead posted:

LA Rams are truly our only hope.

:randno:

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Carr hasn’t been right all season. Scared after his injury? We’ll see if he’s permanently broken like his brother next year I guess.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Eagles are lucky that they will avoid the Vikings and Rams in the second round, because I think those teams trounce them now.

I also think the Saints are better. Panthers could give them a run too, but I think Panthers could win or lose to anyone. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Falcons/Seahawks make a solid playoff run either.

I know Foles tosses 4 TDs last week but you had to watch the game last night to really appreciate how bad the offense looked.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
I’m clinging onto the hope that the Eagles OL will look better when Wisniewski comes back (Warmack and Seumalo are garbage) and that will translate to better protection and play from Nick.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Eagles are likely going to play the NO/CAR winner and with Foles they're in trouble imo.

Either way I'm thinking the likely NFC champ is whoever wins the MIN/Rams round 2 matchup, if it shakes out that way

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/TeamJuJu/status/945462021679562752

JuJu is my favorite person.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Please, please retire Ben, I want to be able to feel good about cheering for JuJu and Le'Veon and Brown

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Has Carr been playing injured this year? He’s looked like poo poo nearly all season

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

John Brown posted:

Has Carr been playing injured this year? He’s looked like poo poo nearly all season

Being shook runs in the family.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
A combination of injury and terrible offensive scheming

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

Please, please retire Ben, I want to be able to feel good about cheering for JuJu and Le'Veon and Brown

this will 100% happen if they win a SB

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

John Brown posted:

Came back from a broken leg last year, had a back injury earlier this season. So he hasn't been super healthy.

I do think coaching in general is a huge issue with the Raiders in general this season. Carr hasn't just regressed, it's been their whole offense. Their WRs drop a ton of balls, their o-line looks average after being one of the best in the league last season - supposedly because they switched blocking schemes, but also they're trotting Marshall Newhouse out there and he's always been terrible - and because of that their running game has been pretty underwhelming.

Defensively? Lol @ John Pagano having any job that isn't coaching LBs. Hope you're ready for 6-10 yard cushions on every play, garbo tackling and nobody knowing what the gently caress they're supposedly to be doing.

Honestly they should probably just clean house and bring in a new coaching staff. Carr is a drat good QB, they have more than enough pieces on both sides of the ball to compete with the top teams in the AFC, and they should have this season with how brutally down most of the conference was. They've way underperformed as a team all season and it's hard to pin it all on just the QB.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The OC changes the Raiders blocking scheme from an inside zone/power blocking scheme to an outside zone to help Marshawn and Lmao what a dumb thing to do

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Larch posted:

We're all just dreaming about football here. Some of us seem to prefer nightmares. A person deserves to enjoy their favorite flavor of suffering no?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Edit: Wrong thread, sorry.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 27, 2017

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Who are these guys and how did they get into the San Francisco uniforms ?

"Oh we're back, you just wait for next season"

-- Cockiest 5-10 team ever.

e. Pay Jimmy G all the monies for the longest time.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Loveable Steelers. I simply don't recognize this world anymore. At least James Harrison had the perverse sort of decency to go to an equally despicable franchise.

E: I mean to say that there is A loveable Steeler, not that the Steelers are loveable. I fully expect the terrible towel's influence to incite JuJu's heel turn any day now.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Dec 27, 2017

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Ben is still there

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

"Loveable Steelers."

-The Puppy Bowl, 2017, on his new favorite team, using words which shall be enshrined forever and ever

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Blitz7x posted:

The OC changes the Raiders blocking scheme from an inside zone/power blocking scheme to an outside zone to help Marshawn and Lmao what a dumb thing to do

Yeah. If your scheme makes it so you can't run the ball when your interior o-line is Osemele, Hudson and Jackson, your offensive planning blows.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
When you go from 12-4 to 6-9 with largely the same team, you have a coaching problem. The injury excuse only goes so far.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Blarfk posted:

"Loveable Steelers."

-The Puppy Bowl, 2017, on his new favorite team, using words which shall be enshrined forever and ever

Would a golden retriever pup named Big Ben in a Steelers sweater playing in the Puppy Bowl be loveable?

BTW: thanks for the new avatar secret santa! Pretty sweet!

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

james harrison fuckin rules

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Loveable Steelers. I simply don't recognize this world anymore. At least James Harrison had the perverse sort of decency to go to an equally despicable franchise.

E: I mean to say that there is A loveable Steeler, not that the Steelers are loveable. I fully expect the terrible towel's influence to incite JuJu's heel turn any day now.

It's really annoying and when Ben goes away I'm not going to be sure who to hate besides Tomlin

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

It's really annoying and when Ben goes away I'm not going to be sure who to hate besides Tomlin

but tomlin is good tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

NEED MORE MILK posted:

but tomlin is good tho

Hes too hiphop for my tastes

• Locked thread