Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SKULL.GIF posted:

.. why are propane tanks on the sideline?

They use massive propane heaters on the sidelines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Barreft posted:

Can this poo poo be clamped down on? Is it because he's mentally ill that he gets so much leeway?

Calm down big fella

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I wonder if the Panthers will rest starters against Atlanta next week? They already have a playoff spot locked up and they can't get the bye, but they can still win the division...Hmmm. They may see Atlanta as less of a threat in the playoffs than Seattle. Though they may also want to dump a division rival out of the playoffs

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SKULL.GIF posted:

Vince Wilfork started a trend of cooking meat during games.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

If you're watching the NFC East, you're clearly pro-pain and pro-pain accessories

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Just another Redskin not understanding how blunt objects are inferior to explosives.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

I wonder if the Panthers will rest starters against Atlanta next week? They already have a playoff spot locked up and they can't get the bye, but they can still win the division...Hmmm. They may see Atlanta as less of a threat in the playoffs than Seattle. Though they may also want to dump a division rival out of the playoffs

If they win and the Saints lose, they get a home game. They have to play.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

it's actually going to happen

let's go the cleveland browns, bitch

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Larch posted:

We're all just dreaming about football here. Some of us seem to prefer nightmares. A person deserves to enjoy their favorite flavor of suffering no?

Hi Larch!! *waves excitedly*

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

A.o.D. posted:

If they win and the Saints lose, they get a home game. They have to play.

And if the Vikings and Rams also lose, they can even get the bye!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

The Panthers cannot beat the Saints in the dome.

Their only chance is for them to play in Charlotte in a mud bowl and just 1950s football it up.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FizFashizzle posted:

Their only chance is for them to play in Charlotte in a mud bowl and just 1950s football it up.

Not to mention that the Seahawks have to be less of a threat than the Falcons at this point. Their offense can barely move the ball.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
The Panthers could beat the Saints if Mike Shula gets hit by a bus, and Cam just coaches himself all game.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

Not to mention that the Seahawks have to be less of a threat than the Falcons at this point. Their offense can barely move the ball.

Hawks are a January team like the Ravens.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CyberPingu posted:

Hawks are a January team like the Ravens.

Not the last couple of January’s. And definitely not this Hawks team.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

You don't think that would favor the Saints' Kamara/Ingram ground attack?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

You don't think that would favor the Saints' Kamara/Ingram ground attack?

I think it would even it out far more than playing in a dome on their fast track.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

We also play the day before so thdy need to play in the hopes of the saints faltering the following day.

If the saints Tampa game was the early one it would be a maybe.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

now i remember the last time new year's eve fell on a sunday night there was a flexed game

it was packers-bears

they thought it would be favre's last game

(lol)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

For those keeping track after yesterday's game:

2013: Rodgers hurt Week 9. Lions capitalize by going 2-5 during a stretch where they need three wins, eliminated from contention Week 16
2017: Rodgers hurt Week 6. Lions capitalize by going 5-4 during a stretch where they need six wins, eliminated from contention Week 16

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i mean, they don’t really seem like comparable seasons besides Rodgers breaking his collarbone considering the Vikings are one of the best teams in the league and took the division handed.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Chris James 2 posted:

For those keeping track after yesterday's game:

2013: Rodgers hurt Week 9. Lions capitalize by going 2-5 during a stretch where they need three wins, eliminated from contention Week 16
2017: Rodgers hurt Week 6. Lions capitalize by going 5-4 during a stretch where they need six wins, eliminated from contention Week 16

I know you have a vendetta against Detroit for some obscure reason but this year is way different from 2013 because the Vikings are extremely good and also in their division, whereas in 2013 everyone else in the NFCN was trash.

E: The Lions lost the division in 2013, while the Vikings won it in 2017.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So does BOB get fired after this game or is he given until Sunday night

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Chris James 2 posted:

So does BOB get fired after this game or is he given until Sunday night

I think he's safe. The team was looking good until Watson got hurt so he has that card in his back pocket.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

BlindSite posted:

We also play the day before so thdy need to play in the hopes of the saints faltering the following day.

? Those games are at the same time next Sunday.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

They will mutually agree to part ways on New Years.

Teams I see making a switch: Bears, Lions, Redskins, Giants (already have of course), Buccaneers, Cardinals, Browns, Bengals and Texans

Maybe: Titans and Ravens if the miss the playoffs, Packers (McCarthy has to be wearing thin in GB, but he may stay with all the teams changing) and Denver if they get waxed by the Chiefs backups at home.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/aria1exander/status/945434318716919809

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I feel like this is the lead up to a question determining whether I’m a replicant

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Is there a good place to find a recording of that cowboys game? I want to make a gif of that one cowboy they did the slow motion closeup on.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
When was that last time the #1 seed was so glaringly awful?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Asproigerosis posted:

When was that last time the #1 seed was so glaringly awful?

On the offensive side of the ball it's only been a couple of years.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Raiders are paying Carr $25m a year

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Jeff Fisher is perfect as the next Browns HC

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/945465692530401281

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Philadelphia Eagles lmao

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

That is mighty impressive considering backup QB is something he could have coasted on for another decade

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Carr is awful without elite level blocking.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
If there is a just and loving God all the Raiders coaches will be fired

Pagano can stay I guess

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 26, 2017

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

LiquidFriend posted:

Packers (McCarthy has to be wearing thin in GB, but he may stay with all the teams changing)

I think McCarthy is safe this season, but Capers is gone. Assuming Ted has a pair (lol), if McCarthy refuses to fire Capers, then they both need to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

razorscooter posted:

Is there a good place to find a recording of that cowboys game? I want to make a gif of that one cowboy they did the slow motion closeup on.

Was it the one of the guy going WHAT with his eyes all bugged out? I might be able to get you what you need.

• Locked thread