Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Judging by recent attendance figures most people inside the Baltimore region dont want to see the Ravens play either. Mark my words, this team will eventually move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

So how can the Ravens miss the playoffs at this point? Am I right in thinking the chances are super slim?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

A big flaming stink posted:

uh, did a cat get into a bird sanctuary or something?

No there was just a big article about how the Ravens attendance figures are really bad. They blame the anthem protests but i think theres more to it than just that.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

pasaluki posted:

Nobody goes to Orioles games either.

Yeah I know they had some problems too but I know less about the team. I think disinterest in the Ravens has been building for a few years now.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Losing records, no playoffs, and everyone being hurt before the season's half over multiple years will do that, yes

Also the total lack of cool players and personalities to get attached to. A dull team reflecting its dull coach. We need a Billick who's actually a good coach. Bring in Tony Siragusa as defensive line coach and hire Shannon Sharpe as team spokesperson or something. Dont bring Ray Lewis on the field but have the team treat him like some sort of deity. Ed Reed just kind of shows up sometimes and fires guys up. Maybe get Chris McAlister to get in fights with the opposing coaching staff. Adalius Thomas can coach any position at any given time.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

You do realize Danny Woodhead is on your team right?

Hes kinda cool. But hes no sharpe. Another Qadry.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

it still boggles my mind that it feels like a little time ago everybody was hating on the Colts because they went from Manning to Luck who was the future goat and now everyone is bad and dead much like this gay forums

The NFLs future QB crop is hosed. RG3 was going to be this great player now dead. Andrew Luck, now dead. Wentz? Maybe dead. Watson? Maybe dead. All these future faces of the NFL, lost to injury. It is not a pretty picture once the current old guard retires.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

their attendance numbers are basically the same as what they were last year, and 2015, and 2014

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-ravens-no-shows-letter-1222-story.html

The organization has come straight out and said that its worse now and seem to think its a big enough problem to try to address. Whatever you think the reason is, there is a problem.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Marketing New Brain posted:

You might as well blame it on lagging Papa John's sales. The lack of interest reaches far beyond Baltimore and it's a ridiculous scapegoat. Ratings have declined, and while the on field product has arguably gone downhill league wide, The Ravens have also been hard to watch these past few years.

I like how players making a political statement is suddenly this huge threat to the team, but the much more embarrassing Ray Rice scandal, to both the franchise and the league couldn't have been a factor.

This isn't an attack on you I'm just tired of the narrative NFL owners are pushing that's ridiculous and its a cover up for a litany of problems the league has started facing that have grown over the years and are finally starting to effect the bottom line.

Oh, Im not making any statement on the protests(which doesnt affect my interest at all btw). But lots of people around me do care about it Im sorry to say, and the people football has cultivated as its audience are mostly that type. And yeah I forgot all about the Ray Rice thing but that did hurt the teams image and lots of people liked him.

What I think we need like Im saying before is a new crop of players with cool personalities and a focus on a more exciting offensive kind of team that we havent seen here. New QB new coach, new personality. A team makeover!! These arent your daddys Ravens!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

None measure up to good old Trent

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

A big flaming stink posted:

Joe Flacco, Super Bowl MVP.

hmm, nope, that's not hilarious just complete and serious real talk :hai:

Flaccos not quite the same cause even if hes a mediocre player in general he played at an extremely high level in those games. An elite level. Trent Dilfer was dragged by the defense.

What the Browns need is a solid veteran QBlike Steve McNair was for the Ravens in 2006.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Ravens are going to miss the playoffs. We are not beating cincinnati, and buffalo and Tennessee are likely to win. Its going to happen. Please.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Ravens will smash Cincy.

Did you see us against the Colts? They will kill us. Its Marvins last game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Larch posted:

We're all just dreaming about football here. Some of us seem to prefer nightmares. A person deserves to enjoy their favorite flavor of suffering no?

Hi Larch!! *waves excitedly*

• Locked thread