Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Has anyone done the DPS calculations on the new weapons? I’d like to see how they stack up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

no broccoli please posted:

Funny enough, your friend and mine ChocoTaco uses them and loves them.

I also have a pair and they sound great and are super comfortable. Highly recommended.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

What is goonmanning? I’m assuming this is something that happened in the discord. Should I join the discord?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I've only ever run into one actual guaranteed cheater in NA FPP. I've seen a couple questionable replays but nothing that seems like obvious cheating. Just report them and move on. There's a ton of luck in the game and you're gonna die a ton anyway.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

AppleDan posted:

Can't wait to see what's said about this one https://gfycat.com/VictoriousBogusHammerheadshark

That's clearly a no-recoil hack. Haven't seen video of that posted before.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

VulgarandStupid posted:

You guys are paranoid as gently caress. I mean I get that no-recoil exists but if you’re moving like you should be it doesn’t matter. They still have to aim well and you still have to be staying still for it to even matter.

I’m pretty sure there’s a goon in discord that uses a script and he’s still garbage.

Did you watch the video? The dude empties a full clip from extremely long range and his reticle never leaves the target. It's obvious cheating. That's not being paranoid. It's calling having eyes.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Parallel Playa posted:

My main point was that I believe it's beneficial for both my enjoyment playing this game as well as my improvement in it to not blame poo poo on cheats whenever I'm unable to instantly find an explanation for the other person's behaviour, especially because everyone gets lucky or outdoes themselves occasionally

This is exactly how I feel. I'm pretty bad at the game (only 1543 rating in solo FPP) but it's still enjoyable. Most of the time I'm laughing when I die. I've died some questionable deaths but more often I just think it's funny. And the few times I've experienced an obvious cheat it's not any less funny.

highme posted:

this game is best when you're high as gently caress and not giving a poo poo.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Parallel Playa posted:

Long range: m16 > m4 > scar
Short range: m4 > scar > m16

Note: this does not mean the scar is bad, at all

Is this ranking by the numbers or just a personal preference?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Just got my first 1.0 solo fpp chicken dinner. Feels good.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

cosmicjim posted:

I have 450 hours in this game and have never seen an adrenaline shot.

Open more crates

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I’ve had exactly one near Zharki. The final circle was in that cool wheat field with all the hills southeast of Zharki. It ended up being a lot of fun and I wish more games ended in places that weren’t just an open field or a hillside with tree cover. All my really memorable end games were in places with unique geographical features.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Make it leave a cloud of smoke to indicate that the people inside are all getting high af on dank weed.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Elman posted:

Have you ever been to the area north from Mansion? It's a really thick forest that looks amazing, I wish we'd get more of that.

It’s the best area on the map imho. Tight grouping of trees plus small hills makes for some really awesome tension.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Doorknob Slobber posted:

guess i havent spent much time in the blue in a while

You used to be able to run around in the blue up to the second circle just by popping a painkiller. Now it’s a death sentence if you get a bad second circle placement. The later circles kill much faster now too. I’ve seen a lot more circle deaths when the game gets down to top 20 or so. The circles just do too much damage. It’s not a bad thing. Just something to be aware of.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Elman posted:

What's the timing like in tourneys?

The timing Isn’t different but the circle size is. The first circle is 0.5km smaller while subsequent circles are slightly bigger. This means less rushing to circles so you can focus more on positioning and fighting. It’s a small change but it would make a big difference I think.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I have no problem with the red zone. It’s usually just a loud annoyance if I find myself in it. But on the other hand, if I can actively avoid it or escape it quickly I’ll do that because I’ve been randomly killed by it too many times to consider it harmless.

That said, if the red zone functioned like the blue where you just took damage for being in it, it would force people out and I think make the game more interesting.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Fantastipotamus posted:

So uhh.. was the micro UZI buffed? I’ve been killed with it late game a couple times now, when I would have assumed it would have been dropped in favor of something better. I mean, it killed me so it clearly worked. One of those was straight up against my vector w/ extended mag and silencer (probably some aim factor there I assume).

My first win of the season was a game where I played stealth uzi assassin without bothering to pick up any items other than uzi upgrades, ammo, and health. It was amazing. I definitely benefited from extreme circle luck though.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I want there to be a PUBG mode where there are no circles and the point of the game is to collect a certain amount of a goal item that is only found in crates. Crates would drop in random locations all over the map. It would force all the action into specific areas without artificially herding everyone into one place via circles. I have no idea how this would actually play out but in my mind making more people seek out crates makes for a very interesting game.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Does anyone else have a weird niche weapon that you always pick up, even if something better becomes available? For me it’s the VSS and the crossbow. I’ve been known to drop a better weapon to pick up either one of these. I’m so bad with the crossbow that I’ll often fire 2 or 3 times before getting a hit. But it’s silent so it doesn’t matter. And getting a crossbow kill will never not be awesome. The VSS is just fun for some reason. I don’t think it’s particularly strong but I always have fun with it.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

The only parts of Miramar that are decent: the cities, the red mountain areas in the south, and the two islands in the south. The vast majority of the map is bad and I’ve been saying that since it was released and everyone liked it. Now everyone is flip flopping and hates the map.

I told you so.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

The way the terrain renders in this game is really weird. I was playing a game a week ago where a rock on the side of a cliff wasn’t quite in place and created a gap where you could crawl behind it. From inside that space you were invisible to anyone looking at the cliff. But you could see everything happening outside perfectly due to the lack of textures on the inside of the rocks.

I’ve seen similar issues with random rocks or cars floating slightly above the ground. You’d think that the map would be pre-rendered with all of the static resources in place but it doesn’t seem that way.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Some us know what we’re bad at but enjoy playing the game as is. I have no desire to alter my play style because it’s fun for me as is. Altering the game to fit some arbitrary definition of “the correct way to play” is stupid.

Some people want to drop pochinki. Some people want to hide in bushes. The game is designed to allow both of those things. Forcing anyone to play another way fundamentally changes the entire game.

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 16, 2018

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Just because you don’t understand it doesn’t make it any less fun for those of us who do it.

Edit - don’t kinkshame me. His stats are similar to mine. The game is fun this way.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/WEEDLORD666?server=na

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 16, 2018

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I truly do respect your dedication to that playstyle. But man, I would be bored out of my god drat mind and get so frustrated at not being able to kill people in the end game. You die so often with 0 damage and you die a lot to the bluezone too.

For reference, my playstyle is: medium drop, kill those people, play the edge of the circles. Places I drop: Mansion, Stalber, Primorsk, Rozhok, Shooting Range. West Los Leones, Valle de Mar, Power Grid, Bronca, the two large eastern islands.

Also I love your name. A+

Here’s the thing. It’s fun to play lootgoblin and sneak around and try to pick people off while drinking beers or smoking something. I have potato aim and lovely reflexes but I’m not tryhard enough to want to fix it. I enjoy my play style as is because it’s laid back. I don’t enjoy hot dropping into pochinki and getting hosed by the rng or dying because of my lovely reflexes.

I mostly drop away from the action so I can actually loot a decent weapon in peace. Then I head towards other people. I almost never take potshots at people further than 100yards away because I suck at aiming. Instead I just sneak around and try to get position. Sometimes it works. Usually it doesn’t. But it’s fun for me either way. But in either case I’m probably laughing hysterically at some dumb situation I’ve gotten myself into.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

The only people who care about the ratings are the tryhards.

The only people getting mad about bushpeople are the tryhards who aren’t good enough to get an actual good rating and who aren’t smart enough to switch to being bushpeople because of ~pride~

Hope this helps.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

VulgarandStupid posted:

I think everyone finds killing someone to be fun, but not everyone finds hiding in a bush to be fun. I'm confused who is the fun-haver and who is the try-hard in this situation.

This premise is incorrect. It’s not people-shooters versus bushpeople. It’s pochinki-droppers versus bushpeople. Bushpeople are people-shooters, just in a different way. They can both be fun. They can both be tryhards.

Sorry this is so hard for you to understand.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

WhatEvil posted:

So I've finally uninstalled this dumb loving game, kept trying to play it for a few rounds but wasn't enjoying it, played one on Saturday and on my 2nd or 3rd game I got headshotted by a hacker while on a motorbike and just said gently caress it.

poo poo game. If they ever sort out the hacker problem and generally get this game to a stage of minimal jank (lol, right) then I might give it another go but for now gently caress this poo poo.

Whelp that's my story. Bye.

Cool.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

miramar is honestly fine and just needs... more stuff in it

like, a few little towns on the outskirts of Leones and a couple more around Pecado-ish would pretty much fix my problem with the map; I love fighting in the cities/towns but the wide open fields suck rear end

It desperately needs more cover in the giant swaths of empty spaces. Big rear end cactus all over the place would fix that. It also needs more roads because driving off-road is a nightmare. And speaking of driving, the bus sucks rear end going up any of the million hills on the map. Also why is the map so drat big? It could stand to lose a lot of the space outside of the main road that rings the map. Bring those spaces into the center. There are some cool things that you literally never get to see because they’re so far away.

Basically just rework the entire map because it sucks as is.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Canuckistan posted:

I have yet to find a goon team good enough to carry my rear end to a chicken dinner this season. Cmon goons git gud.

Play solo and carry yourself.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I just had a really weird game where the 3rd circle spawned over the west bridge to the military base on Erangel. The circle was clearly covering more ground on the south side so most everyone headed to the military base. But the next circle spawned on the main land meaning everyone had to rush back across. It was really strange because you can usually figure out where the next circle will spawn when water is involved. I’ve never seen that before.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

This game paid for itself, Skyrim, and whatever I choose to buy with the $29 I have sitting in my account right now. Thanks PUBG.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

The vector was always good. It didn’t need a buff. I pretty much always ran it because it had drat near no recoil when fully kitted with a compensator.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Vector + VSS (or crossbow if I’m feeling saucy) is my favorite load out.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

All I know is I took a couple weeks off and when I came back loot is no longer spawning until after I’ve landed again. Hopefully that gets fixed.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I started this season playing more serious and made it to top 100 solo FPP after my 3rd win in 80 games. Feels pretty cool.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

You guys should’ve picked better names the first time around :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

The rewards include a parachute that lets you land 0.5 seconds faster than a normal chute.