Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It's a fun game and I'm looking forward to getting back into playing it when I return from my holiday vacation - new map is fun, still enough jankiness for some silly rear end antics, and I love keeping voice chat on and taunting people and talking like meatwad before I execute them

Has there been a noticeable improvement in performance on the original map? The new one runs so much better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

glad to see MeatSims from Perfect Dark are making a comeback

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

People apparently do not like being taunted in a Meatwad voice at all while they are crawling around on the ground, waiting for teammates to come and revive them

Their meltdowns only fuel my desires to mock them (until I get shot in the face)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The next map should have players shrunk down and you have to fight it out in a massive back yard and a house and poo poo, like green army men

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

"wait, do we want to drop sandbox, swing set, or the grill?"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

There could be a huge indoor "city" for the house as well. Maybe you can flush yourself to get outside in a hurry, or flush grenades.

all the vehicles look like Hot Wheels cars too

you're welcome, playerunknown, you can thank me later for these wonderful gaming ideas

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Also ty everyone for pushing having this installed on an SSD, i reinstalled on my ssd and it's been much better.

Still haven't figured out why my shadowplay highlights won't record the sound i hear in my headset and only records my voice, but i can deal with that.

Haha I've got the opposite problem now, it records everything but my voice even though the settings are all fine and haven't been changed for over a year

Nvidia please stop breaking your program occasionally

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Got 6 kills on Miramar and was chilling up in the mountains near San Martin, picking people off with an M16 and driving my truck in whatever direction I heard gunshots. We get to maybe 25 people and the circle collapses in the far east, so I decide to go south over one of the ridges and cut across the field so I'll at least have some hills for coverage

I go to jump up the wall, make it, jump to another ledge, make it, jump to another one and oops, game decides my ankles weren't high enough so I bounce off it and down to the ledge below, nbd, minus that ledge apparently not solid enough to support my weight so I end up Tribes-style skiing down the mountain and get instantly killed :thumbsup:

having vaulting is good, but dear god, it's like they lifted a jumping system from those early 3D games where people couldn't quite figure out non-awkward physics beyond 2D

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Tweak posted:

silencers are super over rated

this is super :wrong:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

rarbatrol posted:

Always put a 8x scope and suppressor on your S12K.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ssdeez nuts

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pecado has some amazing ambush spots, A+ for squad drops

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:discourse:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

quote:

Fixed the issue where heal and boost items could be used underwater

hahaha nooooo this saved me twice

Star Man posted:

I still want to be able to change my dumb username.

3/10

I'm happy with WeinerTweets but I feel like I'm gonna wanna change it soon

maybe to Girthquake

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

cant wait to play some pubg when i get-

ahhh just like back in early access :thumbsup:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

man I love not being able to play this game because of early access stupid poo poo coming back like games failing to properly load and making me stare at character models in a black void and rubber banding issues to the point of being unplayable

havent had any issues since launch and mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn this is loving annoying

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

How many SSDs do you have?

two and pubg hasnt had any problems post-launch until now, tried it again earlier just out of curiosity and yep, loading into a black void :rip:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

cool, new patch, that will probably fix my-

lmao welp, looks like im gonna try to reinstall and maybe one or two other things but if that doesn't work, so long for now pubg, guess I'll take a break for a few weeks like I had to do months ago :sad:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Been like that for me for a day or two now, poo poo is getting old, my dude

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

willroc7 posted:

Just lol at everyone touting their wins after the leaderboard reset. You guys get your kicks dunking on middle-schoolers and a 6ft rim too?

lol if you dont

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

day 4 of this game being the only application on my computer to suffer from insane rubber banding and connection issues :thumbsup:

the new hotness is the game's warmup starting, but the screen is black and i see the logo, i can actually control my dude and even land on the ground and the moment i touch down the screen finally changes but the lag prevents me from picking up anything

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

underage at the vape shop posted:

Buy an ssd and realise everything on yourt computer is lagging

I'd like to get a third SSD but at the moment my other are two are working fine, game is made like poo poo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

a million accounts banned? I wish they would ban this loving loading screen bug where it only goes away until after I land

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

rumble in the bunghole posted:

if you were wondering why you havent found any optics in the last 5 games its because I took them all

and thats the last time i go to the mine

mother fucker :mad:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

i haven't played in 2 months

played my 2nd game

my ranking is now 1.337

i have to uninstall and never touch it now

I still need to upload that clip of the guy who was most definitely playing with a controller trying to kill me from two feet away and strafing back and forth and missing everything and i just reloaded a vss of all things and just killed him lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It's funny how the mobile version looks like a more feature-filled and complete game than the loving PC version :lol:

what the gently caress is Bluehole doing

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

uh, what? mobile PUBG looks like flaming poo poo,

it really doesn't, my dude, not unless you're playing this on a super lovely old smartphone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPuLqAGeh0Q

quote:

doesn't have Miramar,

this isn't a bad thing, IMO

quote:

has a UI pulled straight from the loving depths of hell,

I don't know what you're looking at but the interface is fine and the presentation is better than what we have on PC right now, even small things like the screen prompts for stuff like red zones and circles closing look pretty slick, and has some several features that should definitely already be in the PC version

tbh I thought it was just me but even just a cursory glance on reddit, their official forums, steam forums, etc there are a ton of people finding the mobile version to have a bunch of QoL improvements that are laughably absent from PC

quote:

and tricks you into thinking you're good at it by throwing literally braindead bots at you until it decides you need to spend money

spend money on what? I've only done solo, are other features and ranks locked?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I don't like Miramar at all :saddowns:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

is Erangel even a map anymore, I've done close to a dozen solo matches in the last day or two and each and every time has been in the fuckin desert

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

War mode return when

they need to just make it permanent imo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

pubg is dead, get your practice in the newest BR game before everyone gets good

http://www.surviv.io/

gently caress died at rank #66, bad game

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Regrettable posted:

You should never use a Tommy Gun because they're terrible. I'll take a shotgun over a Tommy Gun.

lol if you're not destroying people with a 50-round tommy out of a car like a Prohibition-era gangster

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Carry two of them so you don't even need to reload and can spray 100 rounds to ensure you destroy the enemy vehicle you're chasing :D

lmao that sounds incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Stun grenades are perfect for hoarding until you and your team are in a vehicle and then chain blinding the driver

Im so disappointed I never thought of this