Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

CascadeBeta posted:

I actually unmute global chat after dropping out of the plane for the off chance that someone left their mic open while trying to sneak up on me. It's happened once so far, so I'd say it's a good habit to get into.

Same, I've had a few kills handed to me thanks to some idiots open micing. Even lobby and the plane aren't nearly as bad as they used to be, I haven't heard "CHINA NUMBA ONE!" in a few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Imagine ski physics in PUBG. :stonklol:

Imagine Tribes-style skiing in PUBG. So many ways to die from falling.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

The Mash posted:

Paying for them when the game has already made millions upon millions of dollars is. Bluehole could make the cosmetics free and still turn a profit for many years. Increasing their profits by making the cosmetics not-free is against your interests.

God damnit Americans are so massively conditioned to accept actions that go against their own interests

How is it against my interests?

I don't give a gently caress what my character looks like, half the time I'm running around in my underpants anyways. How does Bluehole making more money harm me? It actually helps me in a slight way. I play the game, get BP, trade BP for crates, then sell crates to pay for other games. I've paid off the cost of the game itself, a Steam Link, and a few other games entirely by badly pretending to be a bush.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Ziploc posted:

OK PUBG. I WON'T CHAT WITH MY FRIENDS WHILE PLAYING.

19:18:58: Starting BattlEye Service...

19:19:02: Launching game...
19:20:21: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.
19:20:21: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Program Files\YakYak-win32-x64\YakYak.exe".

Does it try to do an overlay of any sort? If so that's why. Disable the overlay or get your friends to use something normal that's in BattlEye's whitelist.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Ziploc posted:

It's just a GoogleChat/Hangouts app that has NO overlay.

So I'm miffed.

I'm looking at the screenshots and....uh....what exactly is different about that from the official Google Chrome app for Hangouts? It looks pretty much identical to me and that works fine with PUBG.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

You try driving a dirt bike with one hand and get back to us with the result. Preferably with video.

Not as hard as you'd think. My friends and I once tried playing paintball on our quads and dirt bikes. You couldn't go full speed but it was doable. Quads obviously much easier than the bikes.

Accuracy was utter poo poo though, both because of bouncy one-handed aiming and because the throttles are on the right, meaning we were all shooting left handed. May as well have been firing sawed-off shotguns with how much spread we were getting.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

It might have been noticed in the test servers, but I suspect that it would take a few days to narrow down the root cause of such a bug report, and the time between test deployment and live deployment is too short. I can't imagine they even have the capacity to sift through the user feedback on the forum before taking it live. Test client probably only serves as a canary test in case a large portion of users report game-breaking bugs (which their online analytics could even report automatically in case of as client disconnects (crashes)). If I were at Bluhole, I would argue for longer periods on the test servers, but well, I'm not.
This is definitely their biggest problem with testing, they put an update out on the test server and have already decided on a release date at that point. Very rarely have they delayed releasing, usually the update goes over to the public server with a number of known bugs people have been complaining about since day one of test availability.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I don't think I've seen these posted, seems like the hackers have some fun new toys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TisaUVZ1c94

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrBkYCy7yGo

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

MF_James posted:

Since they own all the servers, at least I don't think you can host your own, they can definitely send system-wide messages, it wouldn't be difficult.
The main menu is literally a web page: https://prod-live-front.playbattlegrounds.com/

Any random intern with a basic understanding of HTML could build a "servers are down" message that the game would display in a couple of minutes at most.

This is just one more of those things that they could improve incredibly easily but they can't be bothered to prioritize even the easy fixes.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

So I'm listening to my buddy's stream from yesterday, they were doing 3 man squads. And ... they got dropped in a 6 man squad in a lobby with >100 people?

Was this intended in the patch?

E: he speaks Japanese and lives in japan, the squad they were put in with were all Japanese too, so the stream just became a loooot more japanese.
If this is a bug I don't want them to fix it, it's beautiful.

Did they possibly click over to a custom game session someone was running? I'm 99% sure custom sessions can do at least 6 man, maybe 8 man teams, and they might have added support for >100 players at some point too.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Jiro posted:

Anyone else have a problem when you're in a firefight and the escape menu pops up? I'm not sure what triggers it but it's like a weird combo of maybe w f r and shift??

If you have a cheap keyboard with an unfortunate matrix design that's entirely possible that pressing specific keys could result in the system thinking some other key is pressed.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Well that looks promising, basically makes me think of Erangel with terrain somewhere in between that and Miramar.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Stealthgerbil posted:

Yea for PUBG mobile, your first five games are mostly bots so everyone gets like 10+ kills. It actually gets tough once you face real people.

I'm enough of a potato with a keyboard and mouse, the on-screen gamepad did not do me any favors. This was my first and only game.

Didn't help either that my Note 4 is pretty slow by modern phone standards.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Star Man posted:

I can't figure that one out.

Basically they don't want any random person being able to create custom games because of the effect you see with a lot of games supporting private servers where there are 15,000 100 man servers with six people in each of them. It's limited to people who they think can consistently fill servers.

I don't entirely agree with this policy, but I can see the logic behind it.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Hockles posted:

I've seen bugs where during a duo, the guy that I am watching the deathcam of, his partner disappears and is just 2 guns floating in mid-air.
In the second game I played yesterday I saw both this and the nonsense aiming when I got killed. I was tempted to report but figured it was a glitch since the guy was in a place where he could have easily shot me (I was up the hill in front of him facing the other way)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZW_aNtbjs

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Nfcknblvbl posted:

He isn't. CS had a riot shield back in like 2000.

According to this http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Tactical_Shield it was in development during the Beta era but was never officially released until Condition Zero due to netcode issues.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Phobeste posted:

If you’re a data hoarder just buy more ssds if you’re not poor and if you are poor? Hell I’d recommend not being poor

Even if you are a data hoarder, how much does the random access time matter on the majority of things? Does the extra half second it takes to start playing a movie or TV show make a meaningful difference?

OS, applications, and main games should definitely be on SSD, but that sort of stuff goes on cheap bulk storage drives IMO.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

If they allowed playing on the shooting range offline, it would open the floodgates to hack developers

I don't really think that'd make much of a difference either way.

That said I won't at all be surprised if someone comes up with a hack that enables the shooting range health mode where it drops but you can't actually be killed during normal play. It'd look a lot less obvious than a full invulnerability hack but would have the same effect.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I'm 95% sure the US servers are in AWS us-east-2, which is in Columbus, Ohio.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Dungeon Ecology posted:

the only time i ever experienced hacking i KNEW was hacking is when i got in a teammates car and we just started driving through buildings and stuff. it was fun
That actually could just happen, especially in older versions if loading off a hard drive. It wasn't uncommon for people to just not have the building models load for them, and because this game trusts the client far too much they could see through, walk through, and drive through buildings. Other players who could see the buildings could get in your vehicles and go right through, and you could roadkill anyone in the way.

There was a few month period where it would happen to me maybe one in every 20 or 30 rounds. Usually the buildings would load in after a few minutes, but sometimes they didn't. Downside was that bridges also didn't load, so i could drive through houses but I had to switch seats with someone else if we needed to cross a bridge.

It could also happen when spectating your teammates after death if you switched to someone who was in an area your machine hadn't loaded.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Hockles posted:

Because we've figured out that one main stream-sniper has been buying PUBG on burner accounts, playing for one hour or so, then refunding the game. Only to do it again on a new account right after that.
It amazes me sometimes how much effort people will put in to trolling. I at least kinda get the cheat vendors who advertise their wares in their usernames, when they're showing up constantly in the kill feed of a popular streamer that probably drives sales, but the idea of constantly creating burner accounts and cycling money through them just to gently caress with people is somewhat mind boggling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Tokit posted:

I need time between matches to take a bong rip :colbert:
Between matches? I thought that's what autorun is for...