Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Kristen Bell comfirmed that there will be a new Veronica Mars series on Hulu on 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I watched parts of the first season but it didn't really do anything for me, the things that made the movie great was Terry Gilliam, Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt. Without them the concept just feels like a generic time travel story.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Vanderdeath posted:

but I'm not a fan of the show being cut down to 30 minutes next year. I hope that isn't a sign of TBS winding things down.

I think it�s a great idea, for quite a while Conan has seemed like he is having a lot more fun doing comedy and traveling to other countries, than doing the stale format that ten other programs are doing.
This seems like a great opportunity for him to do the things he loves and is best at, so it�s a win for everyone.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It is a bit odd that Iron Fist is the only marvel netflix show to have a consistent good second season, but it is the one getting cancelled.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I was expecting Titans to be really bad, but it was mostly just a boring first episode. The character design is awful and it is trying really hard to be edgy, but there was nothing truly offensively bad about it.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

precision posted:

Out of nowhere I have an immense desire to rewatch all of Misfits

Mistfits is a great show as long as you only watch the first season.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It’s a little amazing how many successful low budget superhero shows DC really has, they have certainly found a winning formula.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Starfire looks so so awful, and the show is trying really hard to be edgy. But that being said, Titans continues to be not-awful, if things keep improving I might even call it decent.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
We are three episodes in and she is still wearing the clothes and the wig.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I think Sabrina is pretty darn good.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Why would you do a movie about one of the greatest singers/bands ever, and focus exclusively on drugs and orgies? Sacha Baron Cohen would have been perfect in the role, but the movie he wanted to make sounds terrible.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The special effects and make-up in the latest episode of Titans was pretty awful to say the least, it makes the CW shows look expensive.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Rocksicles posted:

I think you've hit your head.

The special effects make-up on the Doom Patrol members was amateurish, the CG on the tiger was bad. They even had to come up with a story that Beast Boy could only turn into a tiger, because a single badly rendered animal is all the show can afford.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Rhyno posted:

I keep seeing people with shocked reactions to a frail, 95 year old man dying and I wanna be like "Really?" But then I realize most people don't have any idea of how lovely his final days were.

Stan's last few months were pretty good from what I can gather, despite everything he went through before that. I guess I find it a little odd that people are acting like he is finally free from some torture.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Croatoan posted:

Anyone remember the syfy show The Lost Room? I remember it being good and disappointed that it didn't spawn a full series. I smoked a lot of pot back then. Was it actually good?

The Lost Room is great.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The Good Place is the only american comedy that has managed to stay funny for more than a season to me.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What. Always Sunny, Frazier, Seinfeld, none of those?

Seinfeld was decent for its time but I imagine that it has aged poorly, Frasier never did anything for me. I have never seen Always Sunny and don't know anything about it, but perhaps I will give it a shot sometime.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

bull3964 posted:

Season 3 of Travelers drops on Netflix on December 16th.

I wasn't fond of the season 2 ending, but I am sure it will be good.

Mu Zeta posted:

They should just admit they are in Canada

I am so happy to be european, I have no idea what American cities are supposed to look like, or whether a show is shot in Canada.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I know that Marvelous Mrs Maisel takes place in the late 50's, but still. How does anyone under 60 spend two months at Catskills?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I actually think that amazon has the best interface of any streaming service, it does everything you need and the extra info on the side that tells you about the actors, music and the world the show takes place in, is great.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
English is my second language so i'm used to everything having subtitles and it doesn't bother me in the least. I always turn on (english) subtitles if there is the option, it just helps with the 1% of stuff I might miss because someone is mumbling or being unclear.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
There is no reason why this season should suddenly have a cliffhanger since none of the other shows have done that.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I liked the 60fps when i watched The Hobbit, but I can understand why it turns people off.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Is Elementary any good? It started around the time that Sherlock was at its peak, and Elementary just seemed like the poor cousin that was trying really hard to be edgy, but I only saw the first episode.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Stuck at my parents for NYE, sick. Tell me what Amazon prime series I should binge that isn't Goliath or miss mazel or homecoming

The Tick, The Expanse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Mu Zeta posted:

Don't watch Jack Ryan.

It’s a decent show, it just suffers from the main character being super bland.