Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
whats the name of the Justified-Like show with the guy who shows up to town and assumes the identity of the sherriff and theres the amish mafia with the hot neice screwing things up. It was on Bravo, or Starz, or USA, one of those weird side networks. indian tribes were a thing too, the amish mafias main guy was some sorta eunic

gently caress I am so angry at myself for not being able to remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zoux posted:

Banshee

Rhyno posted:

Banshee so good.
THANKYOU oh my god

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

X-O posted:

I'm so happy I bailed on that show without investing more than a couple hours. I'm done with anything Bryan Fuller has a hand in until it's pretty much finished. Everything he touches falls apart.

But if you're capable of just shutting the gently caress up and signing the drat cheques, you get Hannibal which is drat near perfect television. The man is an enigma, but certainly needs to chill.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

is this jimmy fallon in prosthetics?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
peter dinklage sounds like homer simpson doing the guy incognito voice. its soooooooooo bad i cant actually get into game of thrones because of it so i just watch the season finales

why do they allow him to do that?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4Bk4Dv2m0

No other actor/actress on the show is bringing anything this bad to the table. It's like a joke Dinklage thought he'd try out and everybody started praising him for it so he has to keep it up. I will never be able to move past it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zoux posted:

It's crazy to go on twitter and see people excited about GoT and talking about how they like it because when the worm turned here it turned hard.

lmao this is the 2nd time in a week ive come across the phrase 'the worm turned' when i've never heard it in my life before.

I assumed it was a play on words or something the guy made up for a Jim Norton youtube documentary

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zoux posted:

Separate post for people who don't want to fight about Game of Thrones:

What SNL sketch or character from the past would just not fly today? I'm think Pat is far and away the winner

miss swan

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zoux posted:

Alex Borstein won an Emmy last night
hhahahahahahahahah nice

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
who is so out of touch with modern media they still say [actor here] would NEVER do TEEVEE!

Anthony Hopkins is currently starring in a scifi robot show on HBO lmao get your head out of your rear end

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the alien robot from the end of AI except it uses the mom's DNA to synthesize a new season of Firefly

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Croatoan posted:

Yeah they're moving Speechless too which sucks. They're calling it TGIF but gently caress man, we all know Friday is where they send shows to die.
teen angel'd

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pillowpants posted:

I’m with everyone here about how amazing 12 Monkeys is, but I also haven’t watched the last season because my five year old deleted it off the DVR to make room for Ice age and sequels

lmao if i was a kid and i found my parents were hiding a show called "12 Monkeys" and it was some boring grown up poo poo I'd delete it out of frustration too

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the piano music.

the piano music is in your head now.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

precision posted:

Out of nowhere I have an immense desire to rewatch all of Misfits
If you're in Canada the CBC just started airing it and season 1-4 are on the website

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bentacos posted:

Has there been a bathtub full of piss yet?

you cant have a bathtub full of piss the amonia in the air would hurt everybodys eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BrandonGK posted:

There's also the issue of how Hannibal ended. Is Hannibal captured? Is he even alive? Do they just have Starling not interact with Hannibal?

believe it or not, it ends on a cliffhanger

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah Glenn's position on the word has changed, it was jsut a funny juxtaposition to have the original airing bleep f*** and leave retard untouched,

now they're running DID YOU gently caress MY MOM?? DID YOU FF-gently caress MY MOM SANTA??? uuhh...is he r*******?? . *gets a chunk of artery bitten out*

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

muscles like this! posted:

It's been two years but somehow Dream Corp LLC is back for a s2.

yes! first 2 episodes are good

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Regy Rusty posted:

Which one would that be

you know, that bad one. everybody hates it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah the prison lunch tray on his chest is weird, same with the cinnamon bun ears. but gotham has the most consistent theming and set design of any show on TV so hopefully it looks better in an actual episode once its properly lit and moving around with the other villains

for example Mr. Freeze doesn't exactly look menacing in full lightning, but in the show the suit actually looks great:

the latter pics arent promo shots btw, thats just how they shoot the show, with lots of volumetric lighting, reflective floors and spotlights cutting through smoke and dust. it always LOOKS great, even if you arent into the writing

EDIT: ohhh dear the first pic didnt include the circuit board pants:

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Oct 23, 2018

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think thats a nu-classic version that combines both, evoking the 90s suit with the fabric but with all the modern flourishes the new suits have

I dont remember the 90s suit having that angular of a lightning belt and ear thingys :confused: and they dont just make you a fancy new costume for one appearance right???????

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Croatoan posted:

Nope it's pretty much the same.

ohh cool, I dont remember the lightning ears at all, that really does look the same. Even the chest bolt is the big exaggerated one

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

esperterra posted:

jfc i thought i was in the rlm thread for a sec and was about to reply accordingly

:hmmyes:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

welp, there goes the last streaming service i subscribe to

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

precision posted:

Maybe the cancelation is just part of the viral marketing for season 3

:(

the syfy gambit

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oasx posted:

Starfire looks so so awful, and the show is trying really hard to be edgy. But that being said, Titans continues to be not-awful, if things keep improving I might even call it decent.

i really hated episode 1 but i think im all in after the 3rd episode.

Don't eat the candies.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I saw that Bodyguard is up on Netflix now, what's the final verdict on it? I'm gunshy on picking up a new thriller after getting stuck watching through Jack Ryan with family and finding it really boring.

ohhhhhhh dude.... my man... this is not Jack Ryan, if I was going to make a comparison I'd say its closer to Patriot. You're in way better hands here, The Bodyguard was a pretty great little thing. Really tightly plotted.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 31, 2018

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wheat Loaf posted:

Or "Grimey", as he likes to be called.

change the channel, world

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bull3964 posted:

Last night's DreamCorp LLC. episodes were especially surreal and anyone that's watched the show knows that's saying a lot.

It's also obvious that they've been told to save on the rotoscoping budget.

its also been 2 years since season 1.may have been a choice between cutting back or releasing it at all

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was always impressed with Shameless (US) and how they portrayed their gay characters.

What do gay people think about Shameless?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lycus posted:

Oh gently caress, Walt didn't die, did he? Come on, Gilligan.

uhhhhh yeah but we never see the flash forward, when a group of migrants trying to sneak over the border get accosted by a gang of ICE agents. GUNSHOTS ring out, and the camera pans over to a little girl wearing an oversized blue hoodie with BITCH stencilled on

Got names??

W-who are you?? the migrants ask (SUBTITLED)

The name's Holly..... Holly White *puts on glasses*

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zoux posted:

Netflix is developing Pacific Rim and Altered Carbon animes.

i dont care about altered carbon but this is probably what pacific rim should have been in the first place.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

I keep seeing people with shocked reactions to a frail, 95 year old man dying and I wanna be like "Really?" But then I realize most people don't have any idea of how lovely his final days were.

stan lee will never die, the battle over his estate will be his immortality

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DivisionPost posted:

The Good Cop has been cancelled by Netflix disappointing two fans everywhere.

not surprised, the fantasy genre is dying

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Davros1 posted:

Didn't the UK Drunk History have the narrators fake being drunk?

its worse, they call out the amount of alcohol in every drink they take before faking it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Luvcow posted:

for people with netflix that like westerns and the coen brothers i can't recommend the ballad of buster scruggs enough, just watched it and it was amazing

I'm mayyyyybe 10 minutes in, he just shot the guy using the mirror. This is like a masterclass in how to IMMEDIATELY endear your audience to a character. I loving love his guy already.

EDIT: well i think everybody who's watched knows why this edit is here: lol

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 18, 2018

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Timby posted:

https://imgur.com/lyTedCr

LOOK UPON CBS' WORKS, YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR

anime waifu spock

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mu Zeta posted:

Conan O'Brien and Jordan Schlansky went to Japan. Full episode here.

https://teamcoco.com/japan

thanks, these are the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
DaySayOyy Jon Loofah