Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Will Ferrel, Molly Shannon, and Tim Meadows are killing it at the Rose Bowl Parade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's a good combination. I miss Cheri O'Teri, too. It's nice to see Ana Gasteyer in Lady Dynamite.

Yeah I kind of wish that whole SNL cast would come back and do something together. I never expected a parade to be entertaining (my wife had it on tv since she's from Pasadena) but they made it pretty drat funny!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Not really though.

He does talk about a lot of the sexual abuse & indecency things that have been coming to light, but at no point does he shame any victims or try to say anything Louis did was alright.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yeah it's definitely the hair dye.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Did any of you watch Gunpowder? I watched the first episode last night and it seemed pretty crappy, curious if it gets better or if Jon Snow just keeps moping about while everybody reminds him to never stop moping.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

MiddleOne posted:

If you want bad entertainment with Emmy Rossum front and center then you'd really get more money for your buck watching the Phantom of the Opera movie adaptation.

Also in bad entertainment starring Shameless alums there's that live action Dragonball Z movie. JimmySteve is the main guy and Fiona is also there for some reason. I never watched dbz but I sat they half of that movie just wondering what in the gently caress.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

swickles posted:

I liked the first two episodes, but if they don't make a few changes its gonna get real annoying real fast. Like the main character is a little too over the top. His smugness needs to be a little more subtle.

First 2? I thought they only released the pilot last night and the season actually starts in a month?

By the way, does anybody know why NBC broadcast sitcoms OTA last night but had an episode of Jimmy Fallon streaming during those time slots on DTVNow?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I thought The Cloverfield Paradox was pretty dumb, but I'm the kind of person who wants at least a tiny bit of actual science in their science fiction. If you laugh at the first shot of their space station like I did, then this movie was probably not made for you.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I am pretty much the target audience for Seeso and really liked a lot of the stuff they had, but somehow I just never made any time to watch anything of theirs. They had all of Monty Python, SNL, and decent original content, but I don't think they advertised anywhere other than podcasts so I always forgot they were there unless I happened to forget to fast forward through ads while listening to CBB.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I think they were on Comedy Bang Bang promoting their show just a little bit before Seeso got shut down. I intended to watch, but then there was no more Seeso. Seemed like it caught everybody by surprise. Pretty sure the cast of Bajillion Dollar Properties was also on a bunch of podcasts promoting their latest season right before the shutdown too.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Grand Prix Driver, the McLaren docu-series on Prime was pretty decent. I wonder if they originally started out planning to follow the team for the full season until they realized just how much of a poo poo show it was going to be. I don't know if you any of you follow F1 at all, but I thought it was well worth 2 hours of my time.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

IRQ posted:

Oh dear, what year was this planned in? Nobody could have possibly though those dogshit Honda powerplants were going to make for a good season-long doc.

Oh, but you see the 2017 Honda motor was newly designed from the ground up!

I've never been a huge McLaren fan, but Alonso driving for them has made me pull for them a little more than usual and his complete honesty about the motor was really refreshing. The series pretty much ends with the preseason Barcelona test but they do give a little bit of lip service to the rest of the season. I wish they had given more credit to the McLaren engineers though for designing what seemed like a pretty kick rear end car last year.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I just wish the guest hosts would ditch the whole antagonist thing with Bobby. I mean I get that that's the premise of the show, but it's just so cheesy. Maybe if they did it differently I'd like it better. That said, I will almost always watch when I happen to catch it, but I have absolutely no idea when new episodes air.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Holy poo poo Atlanta S1E7 is loving gold. I watched and episode or two when it first aired but it didn't grab me. Now I'm binging through it on Hulu and it's incredible.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Lycus posted:

Though I think the best part of the show is Bertie.

Is that Claudia O'dougherty's character? Cuz yeah, she's great. I liked the first season of Love, but couldn't get into the 2nd. Maybe I'll give it another shot one of these days.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

EL BROMANCE posted:

I hear she won a competition to be on that show.

Was there more than 1 contestant?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I really liked SCD season 1, but may not have been very vocal about it. Been awhile since I watched it, but I remember enjoying everything except the end of the season. Wasn't it super anti-climactic or had no actual feeling of conclusion?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Turns out LA to Vegas is still putting episodes up on HULU and is still a pretty enjoyable half hour. I put it in the same category as Superstore, except they haven't had time to really figure out how all these people interact just yet.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

nate fisher posted:

I like the first episode, but not so much the next episode. I need to pick it up again so I can see the two local restaurants he did here in Knoxville.

Chang and Sean Brock are two of my favorite chefs to watch. I mostly enjoy whatever they do.

Yeah I agree the 2nd episode was not great. They really don't need to be so amazed that if a thing is delicious it will still be delicious if it's placed on/in/around a tortilla. That's basically bachelor cooking 101. The segment in the Yucatan also felt really forced since neither of those people (Sanchez and some white dude) have any kind of charisma on camera so everything they say just feels fake. I mean they might really have felt every word of, "Oh this is amazing and I just can't help but feel it's perfect and we're in the perfect place to be experiencing it." But I don't really believe that was anything but a scripted moment.

I did like the pizza episode a lot though, hopefully the rest of the series is more like that.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Would really like to see more Patriot, hope that one isn't cancelled

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I felt that way about basically the whole 1st season of Leftovers. You've basically got to accept that every single person left on Earth is dealing with some profound loss and unanswerable questions and that's fine I guess, but it wasn't the kind of show I really looked forward to watching. The 2nd and 3rd season are much better in my opinion if you bother to make it that far.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Don't know if I've ever met somebody so into Tiki bars they'll get mad at fictional characters over their resistance to the idea...

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

nate fisher posted:

Is this worth watching? I see it is up on Hulu.

I really liked it. It's not a super deep or complex show but the characters are good and the cast is great. It covers some of the stories from the book, but from what I remember it's set after his drug fueled crazy days so you won't see Bradley Cooper all coked out or anything.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Ghosted is so much better just doing weird office drama.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
drat! Calamity Jane cleans up nice!

And also Dietland is pretty good so far, looking forward to the rest of the season. I don't think I heard or read about it anywhere before seeing it mentioned in this thread and I haven't since. Has AMC just not been marketing anywhere? I subjected myself to the most recent season of TWD, but otherwise don't watch AMC much.

I definitely get the comparisons to Fight Club and Mr. Robot but that seems mostly limited to the Jennifer stuff, rather than Plum herself, unless I've been missing a poo poo ton of foreshadowing.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Have you seen past what's aired already? Sneak previews or something?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I thought I watched all of season 2 but not a single word of that sounded familiar to me. Guess I'll watch the last couple season 2 eps before starting season 3 eventually.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Goddamn Atlanta is crazy. I really hope other shows are allowed the freedom to do this kind of thing. It's just so different in how it gives each character time and room to grow without adhering to any kind of traditional format at all.

I mean I was frustrated at times wanting more plot but after finishing the 2nd season I wouldn't trade any episode they did for more of what I thought I wanted.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

esperterra posted:

Kurt Sutter is so terrible and I'll never understand how he's married to Katey Sagal b/c it makes me wonder if she's secretly terrible, and I hope she isn't.

Weird, I would've sworn Katey Sagal was a lesbian. Is there an alternate world where these kind of ideas come from that's maybe seeping into our universe?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Corporate was absolutely fantastic. I had no idea it was even a show until I flipped it on out of desperation for something to watch and it's just great. Lance Reddick can do no wrong and the rest if the cast was great as well.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

zoux posted:

Speaking of Netflix movies, anyone check out Extinction

Meh. I think it's a concept that could have been much better done than it was. Maybe if they ditched the twist or spent more than like 30 seconds on the reveal.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I watched the first few episodes if Alone Together and thought it was trash, but I also was never a fan of Difficult People so maybe it's just not for me.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Escobarbarian posted:

8/10 eps in and I love Lodge 49 lots and lots

When I load up the AMC app or website it says the full episodes aren't available yet and just shows the air date and bonus features. Did you pay for their subscription or something? I liked the first ep and would be down to binge the rest since I have a few days off.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I never saw a lot of The Whitest Kids U Know, but that gallon of pcp skit was pretty funny.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Just watched the first 2 episodes of Brockmire and it's definitely my jam. No idea why I waited on it.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Last night's Castle Rock was amazing. Perfectly captured the suspense and kind of claustrophobic terror of peak Stephen King. My only complaint is that The Kid was being a perfect gentleman and did nothing wrong by Ruth.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Last year's comedy lineup on TBE was pretty drat legit. I legit love Wrecked and Angie Tribeca and through The Detour and People of Earth were pretty solid too. That hotel one even got a lot better in the last half of the season.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

not a cult posted:

Is ANYONE watching Get Shorty? I'm loving it.

Yep I've been watching, it's pretty good! Any idea whether the show or the movie is actually similar to the book at all?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Rarity posted:

Trailer for the only Marvel Netflix show I still care about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n83s6NO1NE0

Uhhh... wasn't this basically the plot of the 2nd half of Luke Cage s1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Do they actually have to buy out her contract? Why not just keep her on the payroll and not give her anything to do?