Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

This is 100% me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

ynohtna posted:

What to watch when we complete Mrs Maisel?

idk I'm at a loss with this as well. HaCF and Mrs Maisel were the last two series I finished. Re-watching Six Feet Under right now till something piques my interest.

btw SFU's opening theme is annoyingly catchy and I'll catch myself whistling it without realizing I've been doing it for a while

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 31, 2017

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

gently caress yeah Brosnahan!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

DivisionPost posted:

Nah, that's shortly after season 2 airs.

Why must you be so cruel? Let me live in my cloud of denial.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

Amazon needs to promote and stream their shows on other platforms because nobody is watching Amazon originals on their site.

Maybe if their site or their apps weren't so goddamn awful to navigate people would use them?

I've had Prime for a while and a Fire TV for about a year and I couldn't tell you how often I'd try to browse their selection and just give up due to how unintuitive every interface they have is for browsing. If y'all didn't tell me what Prime Originals are worth it I doubt I'd ever find anything that I'd actually want to watch.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

Lance Reddick has always been really funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaWa4ScfQXc

I was not expecting him to be that ripped. drat.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I think I watched 4 seasons of Charmed and I don't remember one goddamn thing about that show

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

Also who wants a Roswell reboot? Not me! I never watched the show. (But the CW is doing one.)

Legit down for this. It'd fit in nicely with the CW's roster of genre soaps.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

I want to make an impassioned defense of Shameless as I think its great but the truth is i stopped watching a couple of seasons ago and can never get up the energy to catch up because I just got tired of watching the Gallaghers gently caress up their lives and break my heart.

Me too man... me too.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

lelandjs posted:

I know who Imagine Dragons are from:

1. Hearing Radioactive on the radio
2. Their Grammy performance with Kendrick
3. Their SNL performance
4. Their songs appearing in video game and movie trailers ("Believer" was in, like, four different ones alone).

I don't like them. At all. And I wish I didn't know who they are. But I've been completely unable to avoid them.

1. and the 100 for me. Is that show good again? I dropped off after season 3.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Rarity posted:

Who cares if it shows up on your front page or not? You know it's out, you've got a search function, it's not complicated.

And :lol: if you think it's cool to not know who Imagine Dragons are. You're going to pretend you've never heard of Maroon 5 next.

I couldn't name a single maroon 5 song but I do know Adam Levine has a very nice torso

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Empress Brosephine posted:

I need a new show to watch and it’s between The Orville or The Expanse. I know they’re pretty different but what’s a more captivating watch?

I don't give two shits about world-building nowadays so I turned off the Expanse after the first episode. The Orville is basically just Seth McFarlane telling stories in the style of TOS/TNG with a little bit of his humor mixed in. It's such a warm hug of familiarity for anyone who grew up with early Trek.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I miss the time when Kristin Chenoweth looked like a human being.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

Speaking of shows that went downhill due to bad character writing, I watched The Mindy Project with my GF for a while, and while it wasn't anything amazing, it was at least good. And then there was Danny. Danny started out as kind of an rear end in a top hat, then turned out to be an rear end in a top hat with a heart of gold, then turned, very suddenly, into a selfish, abusive piece of poo poo. I heard there was some behind-the-scenes stuff where they wanted to write the character out, but it just ended up making the show unwatchable. I didn't hear good things about it overall after that point, so presumably it stayed bad.

Yeah, they instantly demonized Danny to get him off the show because the actor wanted to do other things. It was really lovely writing. I still watched for uh a year after he was written off, and it was still consistently funny but you could tell there was something missing. Danny and Mindy were so yin and yang that for him to be out of the picture, I just found Mindy a lot more unlikable without him to play off her.

Garrett Dillahunt was ok in his role as the replacement but it just made me want to watch Raising Hope again..

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Peak Archie for me is his homoerotic football thug gang video. I haven't been watching season 2 after that for other reasons and I'll definitely binge it come summer.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

Gilmore Girls? Try Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

gently caress yeah. It's also so much better than the netflix Gilmore Girls revival.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Was she the character that was supposed to be the new audience surrogate? I can’t remember a time where it seemed like Olivia was gonna croak.

It was right at the beginning of season 2 I think, when Olivia comes back from the other universe through a weird car crash and is declared brain dead.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Mila Kunis made Jupiter Ascending halfway enjoyable to me which is quite an achievement

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Calaveron posted:

Laura Prepon broke like every single episode and Mila Kunis rarely broke but when she did it was something genuinely hilarious like the whole MICHAEL GET IN THE VAN MICHAEL GET IN THE VAN MICHAEL MICHAEL GET IN THE VAN FINE

I thought there was some kind of weird charm in that Prepon just couldn't keep it together most of the time. It sucks that Masterson is such a rapey creep that I can't really watch the show anymore because of it.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Prepon was deeply involved in covering up Danny's financial assets the first time the allegations came out, and the strong rumour is that she was doing his brother when he was way underage as well.

Jesus christ

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

That's cause Hannibal made cannibalism look tasty.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Arist posted:

I'm not talking about the cannibalism parts, I'm talking about the buzzsaw-to-the-head/human totem pole parts

I mean even the violence in Hannibal never struck me as stomach churning or anything. Maybe aside from the few really intense fights like Jack and Hannibal at the end of season 2, it was always more on the indulgently artful side than outright disgusting.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

wait which bsg actress?

edit: oh the one that smells like cabbage

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

GPM family plan = 6x youtube red free, something i'm not complaining about

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

True Blood has AIDS Burgers though

truth

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I literally stop watching at this point in rewatches

and I just remembered the actor passed away too :( now i'm bummed.

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 18, 2018

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Wheat Loaf posted:

I will watch Supernatural one day.

There's just so much of it.

It's ok cause only 5 seasons actually matter

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

LadyPictureShow posted:

I absolutely loved S2 of GLOW; Bash’s subplot made me really :smith: though.

Me too, and he surprisingly became one of my favorite characters. Still not sure how I feel about all the sudden sexual tension between Ruth and Sam, it felt really forced.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Meh, I just want a Shin Godzilla sequel.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

So was Kendra, and the new york slayer that Spike killed. I still don't really understand the point of rebooting Buffy though. Just make a new slayer that's black and set it in the same universe?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

The comics are so bad I can't even

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

7 was good until general Buffy and the Slayerettes happened. I still really dig the first half of that season. But you're right, there are some good ones in the latter half despite that.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

esperterra posted:

poo poo shoulda ended at 5 like Whedon apparently originally was going to have it do? idk how accurate that story (after some googling i can't find poo poo to point to it being true so prob just early internet gossip) is but I always remember hearing 5 (which really is a perfect series finale) was supposed to be the end.

Woulda been a drat good ending, for me at least.

From the wiki, and yeah I've heard this rumour lots of times but who knows how much of it is grounded in reality

quote:

It was rumored that this episode was going to be a two-hour television event called "Centenary" and to feature almost every single character from previous seasons including the entire Angel cast.

Earlier in the season, it was rumored that the entire town of Sunnydale would be sucked into the Hellmouth in the finale. Although it has never been completely confirmed, Joss had another plan for the season. The original idea was to have Anya die in the rubble, Xander be Glory's other half (instead of Ben), Willow was going to become evil after Tara's death and join forces with Glory, and Dawn was to be bled by Evil Willow in the end, and Sunnydale was supposed to be completely destroyed by the Hellmouth.
Many of the above ideas were used later in the series. Anya was killed in "Chosen" and had fallen behind rubble, Willow did become evil after Tara's death in "Seeing Red", and Sunnydale is destroyed in "Chosen".

I've also heard that the Pylea storyline in Angel was basically pulled out of their rear end last minute because of the UPN pickup of Buffy at the time.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Buffy still good, if you can get past the campy first season. There's still a fair amount of camp after that but it really is the birthplace of modern serialized storytelling (yes other shows dabbled in it but besides Twin Peaks I don't think any other show's had as much of an impact as Buffy has)

Angel is still the better show tho imo

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

"Lets not get caught up in this witch hunt, this underage girl wasn't named the SEXIEST woman alive or anything"

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

Like I'm guessing Insatiable doesn't have incest rape babies with prophetic powers being kidnapped by dragons or whatever happened.

Wait what

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

staaaaahp raaahhnnn staaaaahp!

srs though Jwoww really was the best.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

esperterra posted:

I wish I could go back in time and watch the episode where Snooki gets punched again b/c I think it elicited one of my loudest gay gasps. That's some riveting television tbqh

Man Ronnie seemed like the dude with a good head on his shoulders at the beginning, but lol did that ever prove to be not accurate at all.

I just remember it being really hyped up, i think either in the news before the episode aired, or ads for the show, so I was expecting it going in, but I wasn't prepared by how sudden that punch was at all. That was intense.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Rarity posted:

GLOW's been picked up for Season 3 :toot:

Season 2 had a major lack of ladies pissing scenes, hope they remedy that in the next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I only listen to mid 2000s freak folk so this doesn't concern me

listens to The Milk Eyed Mender for the thousandth time

also props to Patriot for using an obscure as hell Vashti Bunyan song for its theme. When does the next season drop anyway?