Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

Still the best scene because it happened in the middle of a vampire apocalypse

I never watched The Strain, but there's one thing I know: No matter how lovely the show or movie, Kevin Durand will always deliver something enjoyable in a performance. He's already in a ton of stuff, but he should be in even more stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Kevin Durand was the MVP of the Strain, silly accent and all.

If he did a silly accent even better.

I loved his very short stint on the criminally underwatched Trial and Error. The episode where he's on the stand they reveal he faked being in a coma and then tries to run away falls and actually ends up in a coma is fantastic. And I don't think he says a single word during that scene.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Have you seen Touching Evil? First thing I ever took note of him in, the gentle giant Swopes.

Yes. That show was too good for this world. Man what a cast too. Jeffrey Donovan, Vera Farmiga, Kevin Durand and then you had Bradley Cooper and Pruitt Vince (another actor that's in everything but should be in more) showing up for several episodes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo.

How? How??? I mean holy poo poo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Croatoan posted:

Who Is America? Dropped episode one on the Showtime app already. It's pretty good and I look forward to the rest.

This also made me open the Showtime app for the first time in over a year. What is this show The Affair? It's got Pacey in it and I liked him on Fringe. Is this a good show?

Oh my god I’m 4 minutes in and this is already too much. In a good way. Him explaining the 1% plan to Bernie Sanders was out of this world. If this is how this drat thing starts we are in for one hell of a ride.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

How does one... compete with a sea mammal?

What.

The.

gently caress.

What is this show?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think the art lady figured out something was up and just decided to go along for fun.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm not really sure what the Bernie segment was about. Was Cohen mocking him or what? I think Sanders stayed on message very well and wasn't really fooled into anything.

Some of them are just to be funny and stupid. Like the art one. There’s no lesson to be learned there. He’s not showcasing someone’s terrible morals. He’s just trying to make someone look dumb or uncomfortable. Others like the gun bit he’s obviously doing to make a point.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkXeMoBPSDk

Here's the full clip of the Sacha Baron Cohen thing and just holy poo poo :magical:

I watched this again because it's so good and just noticed he's playing an Israeli named Erran. This dude.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I never believe a Bryan Fuller show is real until it's got a confirmed second season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

4K is a wonder, so let's not undersell it. The detail level is nuts. But it's absolutely the truth that more greatness comes from HDR. That's what makes it really breathtaking.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

raditts posted:

I can't believe that's an actual officially produced thing and not somebody's lovely fan film.

It's both. It's officially produced and it's a lovely fan film. It's like if they made that Power Rangers fan film from years ago into a TV show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

GreenNight posted:

So Cloak and Dagger is good? It's difficult to watch another Marvel show, there has been so many.

Depends on if you want intelligently well written characters, good performances, and two really good leads or if you’re just looking for another comic book show with heroes and villains. If you want the latter, skip it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

They are Pacific Rimming the gently caress out of those monsters.

Is that supposed to be a positive thing?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

Here's the Jason Spencer thing. The most surreal thing I've seen this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4pMTsa1Kw

I... what...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

precision posted:

Who Is America is great/horrifying

I loving lost it at "civil rights activist Timothy McVeigh"

I just watched the full episode. At least Ted Koppel gave me some hope. He was not having any of that poo poo. In the nicest most well spoken way possible.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rocksicles posted:

Michael Rossenbaum's podcast is pretty good. Heaps of tv people on there. I'm listening to the Danielle Panabaker at the moment.
Hardwick is on there too, and it's only a couple of weeks old.

http://insideofyoupodcast.com/episodes

I've listened to a few in the last year or so and they've all been good. He's a real laid back and detailed interviewer and really funny too. Seems like he has a blast doing it. He did it on his Youtube channel before it was this podcast format.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Regarding Hardwick there's really only one of two ways this is going to turn out. They did a legit investigation and cleared him and if they did he should have have job back. Or. They didn't and this poo poo is going to bite them in the rear end so hard it's going to be an unimaginable nightmare. That's pretty much the only way it could go.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Even if they cleared him, that still seems like believing the abuser and not the abused to me, and it's a real bad look for AMC to hire him back after he just caused all this controversy recently.

Like, there are so many other competent people who aren't sex predators that could host the drat thing. Why do they have to hire back the guy who very well might be one?

Also, the concept that The Walking Dead still (or ever) needs an aftershow is real dumb, but that's beside the point.

I get your point and I agree. I mean none of us really know is the thing here. If she has proof as she says she done this is about to turn into something else altogether. But when you say it's siding with the abuser, if you have done what you said you did and come to this conclusion then you are not siding with the abuser. You are essentially telling people he was not an abuser. And that's what they've essentially done. And if they didn't do the right thing here they've just hosed up in a serious way. But on the back of this investigation and if they really did find it to be false or whatever, why shouldn't he get his job back? I think this is something only those involved really know the answer to. We can't speculate because all we have is one of the story and a supposed investigation that clears the other side.

They better pray they got this right though, that's for drat sure.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

lmao, this makes me lose even more respect for AMC. Instead of firing him outright when they heard all the accusations, they were like "Now hold on, let's just put him in the doghouse for a little while and see what we can do to get him out quickly."

So you're seriously advocating for any person that is accused of a crime past or present without proof to be fired immediately on the spot? Is that what you're really asking for? I mean if it is, ok, but that's a hell of a slippery slope.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Your posts reek of defending an rear end in a top hat to me, just FYI. I'm far more inclined to believe Chloe Dykstra after what I heard Hardwick did to her. I'm not about to jump to his defense.

I think most people here seem to be having thoughtful discussions on the subject about the mixed feelings they have on it. You seem to be one of the only ones not to be honest.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean it's 2018 and we shouldn't be surprised by anything at this point but man everything is just so weird. It looks like it's up to one man, Tom Arnold, to take down the President of the United States.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/tom-arnold-hunts-donald-trump-tapes-helsinki-mark-burnetttca-1202434082/

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Watching the 12 Monkeys pilot and the first three actors I see are all from Nikita, what's the connection there?

The show creators were writers on Nikita.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

After finally having caught up with the ending of 12 Monkeys I say enjoy the ride. I loved it all the way the way through, but the ending is something else. Definitely cemented it as one of my favorite scifi shows ever and probably my favorite time travel related show/movie ever as well.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah seriously guys if you had any interest in 12 Monkeys at any time and skipped out because of being let down by Syfy cancelling shows early or just in general with scifi shows more often than not having an unsatisfying ending you need to go back and watch it. The series could not have ended in a better, smarter, more satisfying way. It'll never get the praise it deserves because it was so criminally underwatched, it's absolutely one of the best scifi shows ever made.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Based on Netflix movie history that means this movie is probably really bad.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So this kind of sounds super ambitious:

https://deadline.com/2018/07/amazon-studios-teams-russo-brothers-international-event-series-tca-1202435771/

I wonder what kind of story It would even be. The idea of multiple shows set and made around the world all localized and tying into one global storyline is a crazy idea though and regardless of whether it would work or not I’d love to see it attempted.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

How is this news or part of some "mysterious" algorithm or whatever? Seems pretty loving common sense to me. If people didn't finish a show they probably didn't like it. So there's your feedback.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Listen guys, 80% of the people that tuned into the show turned it off after an episode and a half and never came back. Run me some numbers through your magic maths and tell me what this means.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you like Condor and haven’t seen the original film, go out of your way to do so. It’s really good!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Escobarbarian posted:

Hello I found the worst advert ever

https://youtu.be/wsGrpd0jUMA

That was probably the goal and now you’ve shared it exactly how they wanted you to do. Dance puppet, dance!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Escobarbarian posted:

Like I really didn’t need to throw in a Maisel rewatch on top of the 8-ish other shows I’m juggling (not including currently airing weekly things) but it’s just so awesome and wonderful

I could rewatch it every month if I really wanted. I watched the pilot several times in the time it took Amazon to actually get the rest of the series out. It helps that it's relatively short.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jesus Christ. ‘I Am A Killer’ on Netflix is basically the documentary version of Mindhunter. Sorry, Netflix this is not bingeable material. One episode and I’m done for the night.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think by nature all sketch shows are hot and miss. I’ve watched all of the major ones and very few bat near or over .500. Usually ones that were short lived. That’s just the nature of sketch comedy in general.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

How have there been so many posts about best sketches without this one being posted yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrlS9_n8GX4

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

EL BROMANCE posted:

It feels like almost cheating to post Mr. Show.

I mean that is true. For me personally it probably hast the best ratio of hits for a sketch show. Of course I already posted probably one of the simplest best sketches ever made on a show with Pre-Taped Call In Show but there were tons of other classics like The Story of Everest, Blowing Up The Moon, The Audition, Change For A Dollar, and so on.

One that rarely gets brought up though is one of my personal favorites just because of how dumb yet genius it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne0RrK5qJ-k

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I wonder if they would still do the rolling clip thing in today's world of needing everything to be easily clipped for YouTube.

Yes, they did. On With Bob and David. Not every sketch but a lot of them.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah I was gonna mention Bob and David, but it's essentially a continuation of Mr. Show and I think they had to include that element really. If they were designing Mr Show from scratch, it might be a different story.

Watching Pre Taped Call In show, and just picked up the first caller says "Great show," despite the fact it's never been anything other than a completely disaster.

Mr Show is great like that. Finding bits of the sketch that you just missed the first time. Like the ventriloquist one above, it didn't even hit me how dumb CDs of a ventriloquist act is until I had already seen it a few times. There were so many other absurd and laughable things in that sketch that I somehow missed how stupid that in particular was.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

Fun context; I believe this ran shortly after it got out that Will Arnett was dating Megan Fox. Amy Poehler knows what she’s doing.

Well in that case Amy was herself the second wife, eight years younger than his first wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

less laughter posted:

But Megan Fox has been married to Brian Austin Green for 8 years now?

Well yes, that's another problem with that comment.