Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I haven't seen mention anywhere of HBO's Barry starring Bill Hader, Stephen Root and Henry Winkler. Loved the pilot which aired a couple of days ago, before Silicon Valley I think. Anyone catch it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Iron Crowned posted:

Another run at Alien Nation would be appropriate.

i want this more than anything

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Anyone watching THE CROSSING, FROM THE PRODUCERS OF LOST on ABC? seems pretty bad only 1.5 episodes in. I'm predicting FALLING SKIES levels of bad or, heaven forbid, UNDER THE DOME.

edit: Actually I liked FALLING SKIES for the first couple of seasons. Never finished that or under the dome, come to think of it

isaboo fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 10, 2018

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I never finished THE 4400 either. I should probably just bail on this

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I mean I probably have seen some episodes in syndication as a kid along with like Land of the Lost and Star Trek or whatever else. But that stuff's never really been my thing so I don't know anything beyond "Danger, Will Robinson!" and a creepy old man. Sleestacks were Land of the Lost, right?

I might check out the Netflix show if its more serial but I got a big backlog of shows.

Sleestacks were indeed Land of The Lost.
I would love to see an updated and dark version of that. It would be bad I'm sure but there have never been enough dinosaurs on tv

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yeah it is pretty bland. Fell asleep during EP 2 and have no plans to return to it

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is it just me or is the volume for Lost In Soace really low? I have my TV set for levels that would be batshit loud on anything else and it’s still real quiet.

I noticed the same thing. I think that was part of the reason I didn't get very far into it; I never felt any real suspense or excitement because everything sounds so muted. I had to keep the volume reasonably low so as not to wake anyone and like you my volume levels would have made any other show pretty goddamn loud.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
nooo not The Gunny :(

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I think it just premiered last night, but has anyone checked out Cinemax's Rellik? It's about an investigator tracking down a serial killer and the story is told in reverse chronological order

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Maybe a campaign of sending our severed fingers to Fox would make them reconsider

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I've never seen an episode of Lethal Weapon but Sean William Scott seems like a really good choice

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I get apoplectic when I think about Terriers and Rubicon being canceled

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Open Source Idiom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jwyYa_UYZk

New trailer for 12 Monkey's final season. loving psyched.

YESSSSSSSSSSS

I love this show so so much.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

precision posted:

I've still never got past the first episodes of The Wire AND The Shield

This is just ridiculous coming from you

All this Schwimmer talk and no one brought up his role as the rear end in a top hat Captain(?) Hobel in Band of Brothers? For shame.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Rocksicles posted:

Maybe watch episode 4 again, the next episode The Nightroom, is a doozy.

The Nightroom episode is what turned the show into a must watch for me and now it's in my top 5 sci-fi ever for all eternity :cheeky:

I'm taking this last season slowly to savor it because i don't want it to end. I'm only at S4E5. And it has been hard to stay away from the show's thread but I'm doing it!

I saw a random article headline somewhere "12 Monkey series finale the best ending since Breaking Bad"

Dunno yet if that is anywhere close to true but the general consensus is that they really nailed the ending.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
strong desires to both read and to not read that

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I mean I laughed as I watched that just as I did the first hundred times I saw the original

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Aside from the first couple (or few?) seasons of Scandal which were incredibly fun, are any of Shonda's shows any good? I gave up on Scandal after S3 I think.

e: oh I guess I forgot about Grey's Anatomy. That was pretty good once upon a time.
also I had no idea James Gunn was once with Troma. that's pretty cool

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I have two more episodes of 12 Monkeys to go. Been slowly savoring this last season because I love the show so much I don't want it to end. Glad to hear the ending is good.

Jennifer Goines is the best. And Deacon.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I've never stayed with PoI long enough to encounter Bear. When he does he show up?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Was The Endless mentioned in this thread? Watched it last night and thought it was pretty good. Had no idea it is in the same universe and made by the same guys that did Resolution a few years ago. The premise of that one looks familiar as well as some characters the 2 films share but I'm not sure if I saw the entire film.

Apparently they're doing a third at some point and have an entire Lovecraftian mini-universe all fleshed out.

I haven't seen it but Spring is also one of theirs and while it has Lovecraftian elements to it I'm not sure it is related to the other 2 films.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
How is Shooter the series? I liked the movie and generally like Ryan Phillipe and the show is in its 3rd season. What say ye goons?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
That Ozark trailer looks pretty good to me. Looking forward to more Ruth!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Wow. Did not expect the choice for the #1 ranked episode.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yeah Barry kicks rear end.

Glad to see some positive feedback for Condor as it has been on deck for me but I haven't started it. Glad to see Brendan Fraser is in it, I miss that dude... Monkeybone, The Mummy, Bedazzled, The Quiet American and Gods And Monsters are all favorites of mine.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I just finished 12 Monkeys (amazing show and beautiful ending) and Jennifer Goines is really close to Walter Bishop in terms of being one of my top favorite characters in anything ever. God I'd love to see those two wonderful crazies interact in some way.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

precision posted:

Am I still the only one who thinks season 1 of Leftovers was better than 2? :(

edit: talking of music, I've been rewatching Patriot (yes again) and I swear it has the best opening song of any show ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDHm4PgpNBA

The whole album that song is from is really good

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

GreenNight posted:

You’re not wrong. I have no idea how to find new music and I’m a fan of pop punk.

About every two weeks or so I take an evening and dedicate it to finding new music. I listen to a streaming station like one of the channels on soma.fm and make note of stuff I like. Then I hop on Spotify and listen to more stuff from the artists I noted, then use Spotify's related artists lists for each and just keep going down the rabbit hole that way connecting to as much new stuff as I can. When I feel like I'm done for the night I buy/download whatever I liked. Also not to get all :files: but Soulseek is still around and still awesome. I'm one of those people that still hoard mp3s on local drives.

Oh I finally started Justified after all these years. I'm a few episodes into S2.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Jeff Spicoli in space?! Hell yes.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
There was at least one line or scene in Fringe that directly referenced the name X-Files

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Was :tviv: born from the Lost thread? I sure as hell remember seeing it there all the time.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I was a latecomer to BSG, I bet the live thread was indeed a sight to behold

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I guess getting archives and reading the threads will prompt me to watch the shows I've never watched and vice-versa :v:

like I've never seen Sopranos

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I cant watch The Emmys but how are Jost and Che doing? I like those two :)

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
dammit I forgot Harry Anderson died :(

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
lawd have mercy Taraji P. Henson

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Rhyno posted:

I said if you watch 12 Monkeys YOU'LL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE

GOD drat IT.

I appreciated this and all of your praise for 12 Monkeys. I feel like you might be in the running vs me for most enthusiastic 12Monkeys fan

For any of you goofs that don't like it or won't give it a chance, well you just do not belong in this timeline and should just splinter on out of this one. Nyah.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I loved Rubicon! It was a slow burner for sure but by the end I really liked how it came together. At least I think I did.. I may just be remembering it in a better light. Need to rewatch it I guess. It did make me a fan of James Badge Dale if nothing else.

Wasn't it the first 'prestige' show AMC did?

Laterite posted:

Future Man rules.

This is an accurate statement. Tiger and Wolf are ridiculous and endlessly quotable

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

precision posted:

I really despised season 3, after unabashedly loving the first 2

I seem to recall also being one of like 3 goons who thought Bob's Burgers was good from the beginning

To quote Tricky, "I be the prophet" (of lovely pop culture)

This means that in a couple years a bunch of goons are gonna discover Rectify season 1 and rightly declare it the most perfect season of television ever

It really is though

"Because I know you, because I know you, because I know you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Totally agree about the pixie chick. I always thought in retrospect that Tawny should have been Daniel's muse there in the end. But then again if that had happened later we probably would have missed a lot of the awesome Teddy Jr/ Tawny tension.

I dunno the details of what happened with Clayne Crawford and Lethal Weapon but the dude was drat near perfect in Rectify. Everyone was really.

E: These posts have got me watching it from S1 E1 again. Maybe I won't cry this 3rd rewatch

isaboo fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 5, 2018