Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Is anyone watching Mike Judge Presents: Tales From the Tour Bus? It just started its 2nd season and it's hilarious.

Here's the trailer for season 2. 1st was about country music and this season is about funk. It's mostly animated with some clips of live footage from acts like George Clinton and Rick James(this season) and Johnny Paycheck and Waylon Jennings(1st season) as well as interviews with former band members, spouses, ect...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58uSsQYsGfs

It's on Cinemax but it looks like you can watch them on youtube if you pay

Here's a longer clip from the 1st season about Blaze Foley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgnYan6W8Wg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Luvcow posted:

for people with netflix that like westerns and the coen brothers i can't recommend the ballad of buster scruggs enough, just watched it and it was amazing

I couldn't stop laughing at the 1st story. Just a perfect thing for me to watch after finishing RDR2

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Himuro posted:

The way Homer acts in Homer Loves Flanders is beyond sickening. What have they done to Homer in season 5? He’s a shitheel. He’s not the lovable oaf he was before. He’s a full on emotionally stunted rear end in a top hat now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZHIAufYD5U

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
If anyone likes watching drunk Brits falling on their face and drunkenly fighting everyone watch British Bouncers: Boozed Brits vs. the Velvet Rope on Prime

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I gotta bring this up again because the last episode was so god drat funny.

Watch Mike Judges: Tales From the Tour Bus!! The last episode was about Bootsy Collins! Did you know that he got fired by James Brown? I didn't even know he got his 1st break with him.

1st season is about country musicians(the one about Johnny Paycheck made me laugh until my everything hurt) and the 2nd season is about funk - George Clinton, Rick James and Bootsy so far. It's great and informative - has new interviews with former band members and footage from past events. It's on Cinemax in the US. I don't know if it's on anything else in other countries....is there a Euro-Cinemax?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Fox, National Geographic, and the producers of Cosmos are investigating new allegations of sexual misconduct against Neil DeGrasse Tyson

They previously ordered a second season of Cosmos (with Tyson still hosting) that was scheduled to premiere sometime next year

JFC what next....tune in tomorrow when Bob Ross is exposed as a serial raper and furry

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Popelmon posted:

The Netflix/BBC Watership Down remake looks like poo poo :stare:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3gQ117IKkM

Whats with the Amiga level graphics on this? The voice actors list looked good so I guess that's where 99.9999999% of the budget went

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I just finished the 1st season of Bridget & Eamon on Prime and its hilarious. The season 2 opener with the orange Americans that think Glasgow is in Ireland is great.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Glad I finished watching Toast of London....I still can't believe that Jon Hamm was in an episode. Is there a 4th season?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Some one needs to adapt Fevre Dream

I say Willem Dafoe for Sour Billy....Who should play Hairy Mike?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I got too drunk and saw some of Mortal Kombat in the theater....saw a lot of the theater toilet bowl too :(

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I saw this when I was 10 in the theater. It was not powerful, hilarious, ffffast or hero.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Is Netflix's Travelers any good? It looks like season 3 just came out and apparently I watched the 1st episode at some point so I was thinking of giving it another shot.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Wheat Loaf posted:

Yeah, I remember one of the most right-wing people I've met was a former co-worker who liked to explain at great length to anyone who would listen that as a gay atheist he was "more scared of the Muslims than the Christians" which is why he supported all the really right-wing parties. Big UKIP guy, as I recall. Not an easy person to get along with.

I remember meeting a gay couple at an upscale restaurant bar in Austin and one of them kept referring to Michelle Obama as an ape and absolutely hated the president. He owned several clubs here in Austin at the time and he and his partner were about to move to D.C. as his partner was the architect for a new federal building that was about to be built. After they left several people were completely shocked that he was gay after hearing his racist outburst.

Being a business owner that has a lot of unskilled workers sometimes changes a persons allegiances when money is concerned....it becomes all about workers rights and they just don't give a gently caress about the hypocrisy of the party they now support. SAD!

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Looks like they're gonna release a Black Mirror movie

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/netflix-blessing-us-black-mirror-162200435.html

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Anyone watch that Netflix film Bird Box with Sandra Bullock yet?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

feedmyleg posted:

What's some of the best pulp fiction on TV in the last decade? Killing Eve comes to mind for me, just nailing everything that's great about the stuff but also being stylish, sharp, and incredibly well-written.

e: Hap & Leonard?

I really liked Hap & Leonard....Anyone know if/when season 3 is gonna be on Netflix?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

feedmyleg posted:

Oh poo poo. I just watched the first episode of The Americans. I felt like I just watched an entire season. That was incredible.

:getin:

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I came across some more info about the Black Mirror movie

quote:

The latest reported details on “Black Mirror: Bandersnatch” are the most clear-cut yet. The movie’s alleged official plot description reads: “A young programmer makes a fantasy novel into a game. Soon, reality and virtual world are mixed and start to create confusion.” That “Bandersnatch” would be set in the world of video games lines up with recent fan theories, as “Bandersnatch” was the name of a video game listed in the Season 3 episode “Playtest,” directed by Dan Trachtenberg and starring Wyatt Russell. Additionally, “Bandersnatch” was a video game developed in real life by Imagine Software in 1984, but it was never released to the public.

In addition to the plot description, The Independent reports “Black Mirror: Bandersnatch” is directed by David Slade and stars “Dunkirk” breakout Fionn Whitehead in the lead role. Slade is already a member of the “Black Mirror” franchise, having directed the Season 4 episode “Metalhead.” Slade’s film credits include “Hard Candy” and “30 Days of Nights,” and he has also directed episodes of “Breaking Bad,” “Hannibal,” and “American Gods.”

The most interesting new detail is that “Bandersnatch” reportedly has 312 minutes of footage, which is over five hours. A huge number like that would be ridiculously long for a feature film, but it would make sense given reports that “Black Mirror” is planning a choose-your-own adventure storyline. News first broke on an interactive “Black Mirror” episode in October, and the 312 minute “Bandersnatch” runtime suggests it’s a choose-your-own-adventure movie.

As previously noted, Netflix has not confirmed these details, nor have they released any concrete information about “Black Mirror: Bandersnatch” outside of its official online landing page. Expect every “Black Mirror” fan to be waiting in front of the television December 28.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/black-mirror-bandersnatch-page-goes-164416444.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I just watched the 1st episode of Black Monday on Showtime and it was pretty drat funny. Don Cheadle is perfect as usual