Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

last beat zelda 1 when i actually had it on the NES lol this would be fun. thanks for this thread, eagle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

It will still always be System of a Down in my heart

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

alright, in metroid 1, where you need to slowly grind an enemy for tiny bits of health until you're full again, it's kind of lame. but in zelda? cmon man

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gonna get started on zelda tomorrow when i can stream it, if anyone would want to see a complete n00b try to tackle it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gonna stream my first crack at zelda since i was like 5 or 6 years old in a few min

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

we've made it folks, bob's 11th game

lol. https://www.twitch.tv/bn03 goin up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExquisiteSassyWatercressNotATK

https://clips.twitch.tv/PleasantGrotesqueCrabNotATK

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i feel good about that uhh mouth thing fight in level 3

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gonna stream more zelda in a few min

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff posted:

gonna stream more zelda in a few min

https://www.twitch.tv/bn03

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

level 5 is where the game starts taking the gloves off i guess. the blue darknut clumps are brutal and then there's just even more of them in the next room.

i also stumbled into 6 and immediately got destroyed by the wizzrobes lol. might grind up for the blue ring before the next stream

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got +50 rupees on the right for the third time in a row in MONEY MAKING GAME and stumbled into one of the 100 rupee secrets tossing flames at bushes. i now have double hp

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

voted for thps2, since i already planned to play symphony of the night soon and beat mgs1 not too long ago.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

blue wizzrobes are straight out of hell

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i missed the bow in level 1 and now i have to do this nightmare dungeon again lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i had more of an issue with how thered be 8 wizzrobes and half of them were invisible and teleported on top of you for a billion damage lol. somehow i beat level 6, found the magic sword

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah its an NES thing, sprites freak out if theres too many on the same horizontal space and in the case of the wizzrobes they turn invisible and murder me. level 7 doesnt seem to have them thank you miyamoto

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

6 is wizzrobe world, theres a few rooms like that later but not nearly as many as in 6

6 shouldve been the dungeon shaped like a swastika

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i reached grumble grumble in 7 and somehow made the link in my brain that i need to leave and buy the meat for him and made this face

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Lol why'd you stop streaming it

i was playing it at like 5am lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got the boomerang in lvl 1 and figured that was the dungeon item, it really hosed me up that level 2's item was a magic boomerang. even the manual in the OP is confusing because the bow looks like the boomerang (and you never need it until 6, the dungeon that gives you something that could Shoot The Eye Of Gohma), and im trying to keep the playthrough pure

good thing i still had vague memories of stuff like the flute for level 7 and burning bushes for extra hearts and secrets or id be pulling my hair out probably

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 10, 2018

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive always heard the second quest is straight up nintendo power bullshit with some of the item and dungeon locations

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kongming posted:

The second quest puts the Red Candle, the item that lets you try and burn every bush much more easily, in the dungeon that requires you to burn a random bush to reveal the entrance. Just one example.

i would never do that without a guide lol. also if i didnt remember where the magic sword was is there any NPC in the game that gives you a hint about it?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my favorite so far is EASTMOST PENINSULA IS THE SECRET

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Did you ever find the secret there

i just looked it up because gently caress it and
1. hint in the japanese version is "you cant use arrows if you run out of rupees" so this is the one line in the game thats totally unique to english
2. it could be the rupee secret at the top right of the map behind an invisible wall (which i will not be using since i cheated here) but people arent 100% sure about this since it could be referring to a few other spots

also, the magic sword hint is "meet the old man at the grave" thats loving brutal lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the wizzrobes pwned me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Orville posted:

I didn’t get it either tbh this run but I wasn’t doing 100%. I don’t think he is prepared for level 9 without it tho

thought it was weird that no rooms were giving me keys. lol back to 8

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got the silver arrows and wandered around 9 filling out the map until i died again lol i have no idea where to go

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

missed a random wall you could bomb

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

after i beat it i looked it up cause there had to be some trick or pattern to ganon "swing everywhere. bring potions"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

4 blue wizzrobes, 2 red wizzrobes, 3 red bubbles, and a single blue bubble. good room, ship it

thank god you could skip most of them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

this isnt dark souls...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p1TLbDXhS0

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this will be the 12th game ive ever played

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive played the classic vanias on NES and SNES and aria of sorrow, but this is hailed as The Best and inspired slews of games so im excited to finally get around to it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cobalt Viper posted:

AoS is the best actually. This one doesn't have numbers pop up when you hit enemies so you have no idea how much stronger you are than you were before.

jesus christ. next you're gonna tell me there's no random loot. might just skip this one guys

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gonna avoid this thread for spoilers and stream my playthrough for elf's and EE's amusement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

kill whoever voted for crashbbandicoot

• Locked thread