Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Never beaten the original LoZ either. Just picked this up on 3ds to play along with you imps

Badges

Baxate fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Just got through level 3. Anyone past make it past that yet?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Yes. Get the white sword now if you haven't already.

Yeah I found the old guy in the top part of the swastika of level 3 that told me where to get it

Really helped with those slime dudes who split into smaller guys

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

It’s loving brutal how in this game you always respawn with 3 hearts. Either you gotta drop 40 rupees on a potion every time you die or you spend 20 minutes grinding for seldom dropped hearts

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

My first time beating this game!

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I’ve beaten sotn before, so I’ll vote for mgs which I haven’t played but I wouldn’t mind playing sotn again. I’d rather play that over crash anyway

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

extremebuff posted:

blue wizzrobes are straight out of hell

I didn't find the wizzrobes that hard tbh at least you could block their attacks with the magic shield. I had way more trouble with darknuts and their turning 180 degrees on a dime.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

extremebuff posted:

i had more of an issue with how thered be 8 wizzrobes and half of them were invisible and teleported on top of you for a billion damage lol. somehow i beat level 6, found the magic sword

Maybe this is something about the 3ds virtual console emulator, but the wizzrobes for me would go slightly transparent and you could see them move from place to place so you could avoid them easily

Are they supposed to be completely invisible?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

P-Mack posted:

NES sprites flicker when too many things are in the same horizontal row so they can more or less disappear completely.

Lol oh yeah they were definitely flickering when they moved.

Didn’t realize that was an emulator or LCD issue

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Channeling my gaming power to you right now

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I’m so loving hyped up to play castlevania tomorrow. Good luck, all

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Oh drat the next game starts monday, I've been thinking about castlevania all drat day...

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

The gamer badge includes inverted castle right? And same for Richter?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

just got past Doppleganger. luck mode is hard as hell and i loving love it :q:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

The Orville posted:

Hard in the beginning. Easier overall

yeah, I can already tell its getting easier. I scraped by the first skeleton after Death takes your gear with like 2hp after punching him to death.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I was getting owned by Richter and I couldn't even hurt him so I spent a bunch of time exploring everywhere I could with all the movement abilities and I found entire new areas with bosses I'd never seen before, found a couple of rings that let me open up the floor in the clock room where I fought Maria who gave me glasses that let me see an orb that was controlling him :stare: This loving game

I wish I could experience this feel again

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

How can you see that??

its a percentage on your save file in the memory card screen

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Badge

Baxate fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 20, 2018

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

drat I didn’t realize how much of a threat bats and Medusa heads would be in richter mode

Those tiny enemies that fill the screen you shrug off as alucard do as much damage as everything else to richter

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I really want to play all those SOTN-like Castlevania games for GBA and DS now.

They are all very good

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I don't think I'm gonna be able to get the Richter badge. I can't get through that hallway with the spikes leading to Akmodan II
I can't do the air dash move fast enough before hitting the spikes. :stonkhat:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I had to get through it by doing like 50 uppercuts in a row

yeah tried that too, I'd eventually miss one and fall into the spikes.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

elf help book posted:

So go around, come in from the stairs part of the map instead of from the warp point.

oh what, that shortcut is already open in richter mode?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

give me my Imp badge sirs

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

elf help book posted:

the original shantae

id like to play this

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

more people voted against super hang on than voted for it

might i suggest a runoff poll in the future?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

For N64 games: Banjo Kazooie and Ogre Battle 64 are two games I'm really interested in. Although it looks like Ogre Battle is going to be too long for this.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

I've never played Ogre Battle 64, so it would be great if it was chosen, but if it's too long it's maybe not a great idea. But now I'm going to see if I can track it down and try it.

Haven’t played it myself, but it looks to be about 35 hours. The only other Ogre game I’ve played is Tactics Ogre and that game is pretty loving hard, so that 35 hours is probably way more if you’re bad at it

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

All these games look loving sick :cool:

Hope they emulate better than these N64 games because I'm not able to play this week's games without massive slowdown

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I don't know if we imps want to play another Castlevania game, but Rondo of Blood is a TurboGrafx game so maybe its worth putting to a vote. :shrug:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I nominated it but it was only 6th on my ballot

I’m sorry imps

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Whats going to be the imp badge for this game? If theres not a logical challenge might I suggest playing whatever game came in second in the poll?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Fantastic game, but I'll tbh I had to save scum my way through the later stages. and I was very disappointed to learn Richter's item crashes aren't nearly as OP as they were in SotN.

• Locked thread