Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Brighton just broke their transfer record today and it's still £2m less than Newcastle paid for Mickey Owen 12 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Rumour is Swansea are getting in bed with Jorge Mendes.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

sassassin posted:

Rumour is Swansea are getting in bed with Jorge Mendes.

Done alright for Wolves

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blasmeister posted:

Done alright for Wolves

They've got enough cash on hand to pay the dodgy fucker.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

lmao :discourse:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

That seems like loads of people, both let go and work there generally. Any idea what the average is at other PL clubs?

sticksy fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 20, 2018

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The club probably just outsourced the match day catering and cleaning.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Newcastle finished 7th in 2006 and won a "trophy", City was 15th.

Blackburn, Bolton, West Ham, Wigan, Fulham, Charlton, and Boro finished ahead of City.

Leicester was 16th, in the Championship.

It's a funny old game.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Wasn't that SGE's YouTube squad?

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Is Peter Crouch signing for Chelsea?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

sticksy posted:

That seems like loads of people, both let go and work there generally. Any idea what the average is at other PL clubs?

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

In the seeming absence of a MDT, PHWOAR that was quite the goal from Willian.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
that was amazing

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol dat goal

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
0-0 vs burnley loving hell

lukaku is a moron pissbaby

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

KomodoWagon posted:

0-0 vs burnley loving hell

lukaku is a moron pissbaby

hey dont sign your posts friend!

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I was wrong.

Well, that's it, that proves it: Mourinho is the greatest manager to ever have graced European soccer. He is a god among men. He could lose every match from now on and still be cool.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/LivEchoEFC/status/954829638911459328

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Watford have just sacked Marco Silva.

He'll probably turn up at Southampton shortly.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Shoulda ate those worms.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

MrBling posted:

Watford have just sacked Marco Silva.

He'll probably turn up at Southampton shortly.

lmao what a crash

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Odds on Everton firing Sam and hiring Silva?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

tarbrush posted:

Odds on Everton firing Sam and hiring Silva?

This would be too perfect. Excluding promoted teams this season, Southampton and Bournemouth and Burnley are the only teams outside the top 6 that haven't sacked their managers. Gotta imagine there's not long left for Pellegrino either.

It's really funny to look back at the articles in around October talking about the Watford system being confirmed as the future of football after barely a dozen games.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jan 21, 2018

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Blasmeister posted:

This would be too perfect. Excluding promoted teams this season, Southampton and Bournemouth and Burnley are the only teams outside the top 6 that haven't sacked their managers. Gotta imagine there's not long left for Pellegrino either.

It's really funny to look back at the articles in around October talking about the Watford system being confirmed as the future of football after barely a dozen games.

In fairness, they were really good and I'm not sure what exactly has gone wrong

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

tarbrush posted:

In fairness, they were really good and I'm not sure what exactly has gone wrong

Everton unsettled their manager.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

I remember seeing a few articles about how Klopp is close to losing the faith of Liverpool fans and may be sacked before the end of 2016 just after they lost their second game of that season 2-0 away to Burnley.

Basically football media is just a massive con where people spin new narratives based on the most recent events, or in the case of transfer rumours they just make this stuff up out of thin air.

Can't knock it though. It seems pretty funny now remembering the articles from August last year where writers were convinced that Man Utd were going to walk the league with attacking football.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

sassassin posted:

Everton unsettled their manager.

Was Silva tempted to move? I guess it could undermine his ability to lead the players if they all think he's leaving, but I don't know how long or involved Everton's overtures were.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gorn Myson posted:

I remember seeing a few articles about how Klopp is close to losing the faith of Liverpool fans and may be sacked before the end of 2016 just after they lost their second game of that season 2-0 away to Burnley.

Basically football media is just a massive con where people spin new narratives based on the most recent events, or in the case of transfer rumours they just make this stuff up out of thin air.

Can't knock it though. It seems pretty funny now remembering the articles from August last year where writers were convinced that Man Utd were going to walk the league with attacking football.

We'd have got away with it too if not for that meddling Catalan :argh:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Gorn Myson posted:

Basically football media is just a massive con where people spin new narratives based on the most recent events,

In this country we call that news

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Gorn Myson posted:

you can go back on these very forums and find Liverpool fans slagging Klopp off, so that much is true at least

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

kcer posted:

you can go back on these very forums and find Liverpool fans slagging Klopp off, so that much is true at least

thats just evilhawk though

Anime_Ladies.html
Dec 13, 2017

by SA Support Robot

kcer posted:

you can go back on these very forums and find Liverpool fans

An issue, I agree

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
dusan tadic is pretty good

well that's about it