Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

I get the odds are against the dems taking the senate its just weird to claim ITS OVER THEY LOST before votes are even beginning to be counted

ah, I see this is your first American election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
lmao how can I f5 this needle NYT website not updating for me

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
WashPo stream "if the polls are off this much it raises big questions about the polls"

gently caress, really now?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

BraveUlysses posted:

yellow wave everyone!

piss tape is actual

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

William Bear posted:

Trump's not getting re-elected. He'll have a Democrat-led house investigating everything about him for the next two years, and that's not counting whatever they can get out about Mueller.

this is some extreme optimism since every Dem is currently mashing their decorum buttons as hard as possible getting ready to go high and love hate.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Serf posted:

hopefully the loss of the blue dogs signals to the democrats that diet republicanism is not a winning strategy

Pelosi

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

the bitcoin of weed posted:

iirc ballots in most of florida (including broward) are done on paper and then scanned into a machine, it's entirely possible there was like one precinct with hosed up machines that scanned that section wrong or something

From what they said up thread it might be that they just didn't even include the senate race on some ballots? So the election is invalid whomp whomp?

Hoping however that it's just this thing and we get to see a huge Twitter tantrum and start the FBI to find all the Democrat crimes etc.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
It's after 1900, did Broward answer the order to release the number of ballots still to be counted?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
If Dems aren't making noise about Georgia and Florida right now while mail ballots are getting returned to sender and things are hosed up generally how do you think they're going to make it an agenda item that they somehow prioritize above tax cuts for the rich? Come on now.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

the bitcoin of weed posted:

how do you fix a two party country where one party is openly uninterested in having any power

:killing: I think but who knows really

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
http://floridapolitics.com/archives/281018-bay-county-email-votes

Supposedly Bay County accepted a bunch of illegal email ballots, but they already completed their recount. What's the over/under on the possible illegal email ballots never being looked into because their totals have already been submitted and "gee it really would be a hassle I'm sure it's fine" ?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

"boo hoo why can't you northerners just leave us alone so we can torture black people forever??" - official Confederate government policy

lmao they would never call Black people people

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
I'm glad this thread is still open so we can talk about the neverending midterms

NC did some voter fraud but fortunately it was only isolated to one county I'm sure

Everything else totally fine and cool in NC and in no way did voter suppression efforts affect anything because if you look there is one county that did do a crime and they will end up just letting it skate anyhow doing democracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Vox Nihili posted:

if the republicans actually get away with stealing a race, just like open and literal fraud in broad daylight, then i might finally be able to stop caring about politics entirely

I mean it's pretty overt but in your heart of hearts you know it's always been this way.