Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Super excited for the event.

Is bingo happening this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

beep by grandpa posted:

One more day left everyone

Am I the only one who thinks posting here is an integral part of the gdq experience? I don't know how much enjoyment I'd even get out of it by myself after so many gdqs in the bank if not for my postin pals :h:

Oh for sure. There's no way I'd catch any of the dumb twitter drama happening without this thread. It's like a GDQ drama search engine.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

I hope they find a way to get people in the stream room during runs this time around. The gallery was totally dead for 90% of runs during SGDQ, even during the daytime.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

I Greyhound posted:

Not that I've seen, I was mulling over compiling a list, but don't know which runners are goons (beyond those who have indicated as such in the two threads) . I'm pretty sure I saw halfcoordinated post here last year? He's got two runs this time around.

Yeah, halfcoordinated is a goon. UraniumAnchor and SuccinctAndPunchy as well.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

I love their shirts, but none of those designs are really grabbing me. Maybe the dog with the headset shirt. I think that's a Resident Evil or Silent Hill reference?

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

I actually might get the Bubsy shirt just because it looks like a cat on crack.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Dias posted:

I have the Nier Automata one from SGDQ last year. Actually got compliments on it too. It's a cool design.

I bought a bunch of shirts last SGDQ, everyone comments on them. They're really good shirts.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Pretty much any PJ run.

And I don't really care for Kingdom Hearts, but there was a run I think at SGDQ where every time they had a long forced auto-scrolly mission, people from the crowd would sing Disney songs.

EDIT: Oh, and the first halfcoordinated run I saw. He was playing this dumb Transformers game and I was about to turn it off, but then he asked the donation reader to only read donation comments with terrible puns about Transformers and it suddenly became magical.

mangler103 fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 7, 2018

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

axeil posted:

dragster 5.51 better be a donation incentive :colbert:

Darbian and some others submitted a 4 person dragster race but it wasn't accepted. :/

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Darkoni posted:

Hobz and Spike have been talking nonstop since the start. It's great. Have the other two on the couch said anything this run?

I don't think they're mic'ed

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

My first dose of dramamine this marathon. I'm sure there will be several more.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Mo_Steel posted:

I never really got the fun of Bandicoot, but the Wave Race levels seem fun.

Same. Just doesn't seem like something enjoyable to me. The most Crash I've played is that little interlude in Uncharted 4.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Oh poo poo, the in between run display is legit as hell. The audience cam was never really working anyway.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Really nice showcase in back to back runs. The first a super straightforward go fast game, the second a glitchfest with almost nothing done as intended.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

OK, I love this run.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Sonic the Environmental Disaster.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Holy poo poo, this singer is amazing.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Hey, my donation got read! I'm AndyJRetro.

I donated at the very beginning of this run. They must be really scraping the bottom of the barrel for donations.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Ramos posted:

Donation war, if "kill run" gets more than 2000 dollars over "save run" on any given run, the run instantly ends.

Gold literally starts spewing into GDQ's coffers.

Let's give them a countdown clock. Give them a chance to get it back up. 5 minutes of frenzy donations.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Horror block is cool I guess but I wish all those sweet NES games tomorrow morning could get a primetime slot

Yeah, the NES block is always great. A bunch of quick hit games all in a row.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

I think they just read my donation comment again. I heard the end of it, anyway. That's 2 this marathon. I don't know why my comments are suddenly so appealing. They're really generic.

I'll have to start using the donation comment randomizer.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

I still have my childhood copy of this game. Probably my favorite Genesis game. I played this so much.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

raditts posted:

It's basically Turtles in Time for the poor unfortunate souls whose parents bought them a genesis

Jokes on you. I bought MYSELF a Genesis. Saved up my allowance for 6 months.

But then my parents bought us a SNES a couple years later.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Why are tiny robot dinosaurs called mousers

They kinda look like mice? Maybe?

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

I'm rooting for authorblues as the Enviro-Bear runner.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

I saw Darkman do this at a weekend speedrun marathon last fall. It's a cool idea.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

I definitely don't want to see another run of I wanna be the boshy.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

HonorableTB posted:

is it available on virtual console? ive got a switch and a wii U on the way but i can't be assed to track down a SNES and a copy of the cart because its bound to be about a jillion dollars

The cart is about $30, but still a lot for a game from the mid 90s.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Soup du Jour posted:

speedfriends, should I go out and get a coffee in like an hour to prepare for awful block or should I just try to wing it? I have nothing happening tomorrow so that’s no concern

Awful block will be incredibly thrilling. I imagine no one could sleep while it is happening. But probably yes, since there will be downtime between runs when the hype might lower to dangerous sleep-inducing levels.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Blooper fights absolutely freak me out. Mario systematically dismembers this poor creature.

Bloopers got no reason to live, man.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Cuntellectual posted:

I loved that race.

Is the Awful block starting next game, or with superman 64?

The octopus that dies to water. :confused:

Depends on your opinion of Atari 2600. Princess Rescue is sort of a Mario game, but it's also the best Mario game a 2600 can produce.

A good bridge I'd say.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

https://twitter.com/darbianSRL/status/951298477417431041

:(

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

I just hope darbian is actually ok. He disappeared from streaming for a couple of months and just came back to practice princess rescue the last couple weeks. Said he'd been having some mental health issues.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

The runner of Dragon Warrior was on the Frame Savers a few months ago. He talks in-depth about the history of the run and how it got to it's current state:

https://soundcloud.com/theframesavers/episode-45-patreon-special-3-dragon-warrior

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Cyberventurer posted:

Oh god, EVERY sentence rises in pitch and elongates the final syllable.

It's driving me mad.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

It's really entertaining to watch this person's over the top exclamations any time anything goes even the most tiny bit wrong. I wish every stream gave me anxiety.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

I really like how they're leaning into how Sent is always just off camera this year.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

The first year Sent was on camera, he was super awkward, but now he's a pretty good showman. I love seeing him really get into all of it.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

He's been creeping up to it, aaaaaaand f-bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Yeah, awful block catch up time.

• Locked thread