Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

Your favorite poster (me) is mad there's no dk64/dkc block this year. Dk64 is the most magical time to post here. I'll def take dkc2 (the best dk game) over nothing tho.

no DK64 this year means we can't shitpost about THE GREAT APE WAR again which is a real shame, that was the highlight of last GDQ's thread for me.

i also learned a lot of stuff i never wanted to know about the sonic archie comics. so that was fun.

also, hello.

Grey Fox posted:

that's probably one of the strongest Awful Games Blocks; I thought I was losing my mind watching it live

same, i was laughing my rear end off and couldn't stop

axeil fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

DoctorStrangelove posted:

There should be a bonus incentive where the runners gotta speedrun sucking their own dick.

steve bannon's doing a run this year?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

btw this run went from 0 to hilarious/trainwreck fast and stays in maximum "everything is hosed" all run. it's great

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

grand theft grotto posted:

This is one of my favorite runs ever for this reason.

COME ON LION

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

dragster 5.51 better be a donation incentive :colbert:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

Guys what are some more of your favorite GDQ memories :allears:

I've got a couple but I want to be nice and let my friends have a turn cause y'all know me I'm a yapper and a storyteller

Undertale 2 million
The Great Ape War/Weird Sonic Comic poo poo during DK64
Playing GDQ Bingo
Bonesaw's Wild Ride
Animorphs
Harvey Relief Done Quick's LTTP Randomizer Run
halfcoordinated's Nier Automata run that made me get the game
Pokemon trainwrecks
The Super Metroid race where everyone died
The 8 hour FFVII run which sounds insane but was awesome
Staying up with everyone for the Earthbound finale for SGDQ 17 :3:
Getting a donation comment read during I Am Bread at SGDQ 17

axeil fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 7, 2018

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TeaJay posted:

I think PJ's Lagoon run is probably one of the best, if not THE best GDQ run I've seen. It's got everything you want, PJ, a hilarious, broken game and a great couch & commentary.

Also wish more people were around to see Might & Magic VI live from last SGDQ, since it was run early morning EU time. It's also where the various

reaction shots are from. If you didn't, you still have time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl6p6Pni6U0

Greetings from Finland.

Please post this again or put it in the OP so I still remember this on a weekday.

Watching this silliness now.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

PJ is definitely cursed and makes everything around him break and I have no idea why.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

guys I just cannot overstate how hype the Bloodborne All Bosses run is going to be. Please watch it. It will completely remove the stench of that dumb rear end in a top hat who was bad at the game a couple years ago who did any% by cheating his stats all the way up and facehugged all the bosses. sigh.

"All Bosses" is an insanely hype route and it includes the DLC bosses and the routing is super fun. Bloodborne is also a masterpiece and this is the run it deserves .....

Just have fun and post! Good posting power comes from the heart, not the memes my friend. It is an honor to have you join us on our ship.

i have never played or seen bloodborne but i love souls games and have 100%ed them all (including demon's souls :gonk: )

1. will the run make sense?
2. will the run spoil things in the event i ever play bloodborne?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

It's going to essentially show off the whole game so yes of course it will spoil things

i meant more in terms of "will they be revealing how to beat the bosses/areas the way a normal pleb like me can use or can i still play and bumble around like a moron for 2/3rds of the game until i figure out how to play it correctly"

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

Hello wawa/philly friend (let's go all the way eagles!)

The run will make sense in that he's gonna be running around owning poo poo like a b adass epic hunter, iirc there are only a couple oob moments in the run that'll not make sense but you will appreciate the menuing, routing and boss kills. Like any souls game there aren't much in the vein of cutscenes and dialogue so all that will be spoiled, if it matters to you, are locations and bosses.

i believe in big dick nick. bit sad that the eagles' playoff game is during the saturday of gdq though :smith:

also my girlfriend got wawa coffee for christmas and its so loving good and i'm so excited they're opening one in dc

beep by grandpa posted:

I think you should watch it! Bloodborne is a masterpiece and the run will prob only make you more pumped to play it, in this humble's poster's opinion

okay, cool i will!

oh and that might and magic run is uh...:stare: wow. space aliens in a fantasy game.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
fuuuck should i watch this or the bills/jags game? :ohdear:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
he got it!!!! :woop:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
is it just me or is the stream making GBS threads its pants?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
oh god the motion in this level :barf:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
hey who has the gdq schedule link that highlights where we're at?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I'm wearing my sgdq 17 shirt today. Thought y'all would like to know.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

get that OUT of my face posted:

DKR had an incredible soundtrack, i agree with that

The music for the Christmas themed levels were some of the best tracks in the game.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

The Grimace posted:

I legitimately hate Diddy Kong Racing. There is no game that has made me rage as much as it. Masquerades as a children's game, but it's a cheating POS. I just thought you all should know that.

Wizpig cheated like hell and the speed run last year(?) where they best him by 2 laps was so cathartic.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

jimmydalad posted:

This x100. I've been super impressed with how sleek it all looks. The GDQ staff are amazing.

I will miss the audience cam though.

No more DS dad.

But also no idiots mugging for the camera

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

There was an older man playing what appeared to be a DS in the audience and people fixated on him and drew art and all kinds of things.

It turned out he neither was playing a DS or was a Dad but he was still a cool guy and has actually gotten even more involved in GDQ since and sometimes does announcements.

The other famous audience cam moment was when that girl got up and it looked like a guy sniffed her seat but it was creatively edited and he was in fact picking up his backpack or something.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

SoftNum posted:

Holy poo poo Big Jon is the host for Super Mario Galaxy.

Please tell me he is playing NES Golf this year!!!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

tyblazitar posted:

yeah considering that it's probably good we don't have audience cam in the breaks

Yeah. Avoiding poo poo like that is probably a net positive.

I'm sad I can't watch gdq and the bills/jaguars game at the same time and post in this thread and the tff gdt at the same time :(

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

grand theft grotto posted:

that was Jak and Daxter.

The early 2000s had a lot of easily confused 3D platformers that were named X & Y.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

please do not ever joke about this,

my hand is quick, friend, and I nearly drew my blade 6 words into your post...

*sheaths hatori hanzo steel*

What is a chalice dungeon and why does it make you upset

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Replace every >3 hour run with an Awful block.

Except the FF7 one which owned bones

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

oh yeah no one's pointed it out yet possibly cause it's played out but I'm lame so I'll do it - we passed $20,000, the amount the very first classic games done quick made the entire marathon in under 2 hours. "very nice!" :D

How's the pace compare to other GDQs

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
holy poo poo this is dropping frames all over. is there any way to fix it on my end

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

Nope, cause it's not on your end at all

oh god :gonk:

we're ddos'ing gdq/twitch

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
MY CAT HAS CANCER

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
the stream seems uh, not great this year

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Suspicious Dish posted:

the devs do not like jontron or his opinions but didnt want the game to get controversy like y-l did so they kept him

er who is jontron, why is he(?) in games and why do people care

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
hooray the stream is back!@!!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
hi UA!!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
i know nothing about shantae but i did not expect that her magic power was becoming an elephant

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

timp posted:

Is this guy going to come in under estimate or.....?

by 52 seconds!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
drat, it looks empty there

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I've played through this game most of the way a number of years ago and outside of one or two boss fights i remember basically nothing about it

Arkham City was very memorable. Asylum was the first one and had some stuff that clearly didn't work.

Origins was terrible and they should've killed the series after that.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shindragon posted:

Oh scarecrow. You were kinda actually better here than Knight. Kick rear end Voice Actor though.

edit: Also seriously it most be a quota or something because every game or comiic is like BTW did you guys know his parents are DEAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

President Ark posted:

mixed in with the occasional logan-paul-in-suicide-forest-style filming in front of a hosed up situation but just telling dumb jokes

the joker's origin story is that he's a youtube celebrity that makes prank videos and it all goes wrong

• Locked thread