Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

what game is he talking about? it doesn't matter because its true of all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

incredibly excited for dbz and people i know who dont care about fgs are hype for it, nothing but good word of mouth from pros who played the betas and demos too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

What platform are people getting DBFZ on. I'll probably get it on PC unless I hear within the first 5 hours of launch that it's busted rear end

its unreal so it should run well. PC here

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

PC. Cant wait to use hacks to even the playing field against try hards.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beta is console only right?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

girls stamps you say?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tried out a bunch of dif characters with my brother for a while, even though the controls and movelists are seemingly simple theres a lot of special moves that can only come out at certain points in combos, in the air, while down etc. and its cool experimenting and figuring out what does what (and still losing to my brother who was just furiously mashing).

gonna buy this on steam as soon as i feel done with sotn

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it is a huge pain in the rear end to just setup a local 2p match btw lol, at least on ps4. has to connect online and do a bunch of poo poo instead of just going through menus for 5 seconds

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beat aria of sorrow on hard and i just picked this up on steam. gonna play through the SP since its pretty much a tutorial and ill fight some imps later (hopefully)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really need to learn how to use the assists because people are kicking my loving rear end with them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah just do the first chapter of the story to get a handle on the inputs and mechanics but then like all fg ai they dont behave anything like humans and will teach you really bad habits, they're too smart and too stupid at the same time etc.

yamcha is so cool and when you get him in the story everyone's around lv.20 and he's at lv.1 and gets 2shot by people and all the link events are him talking about how pathetic he is

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i'd go from eh pretty good to insanely hoipe if they added someone cool like bulma, arale, or master roshi instead of all these damned saiyans. launch with a gun. mai witth a gun. oolong. basically any of the weirdos from original dragon ball. lucca from chrono trigger with the wondershot her random damage and status gun so she'd basically be faust, with a gun.

id love more dragon ball/early dbz stuff too but they will add Broly and more dbsuper characters

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i forgive the terrible story thats too long because one of Krillin's moves is to throw a rock

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I have some good news for you.

E. Nevermind

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

for unlocking the deviantart goku+vegeta do you need to *earn* all that money or do you need to save it up?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

does hit seem pretty insane to anyone else lol. his damage is so high and all his moves instantly warp him into the enemy's face, i know everyones still learning this but god drat

Kongming posted:

You need to earn that much overall from playing. Spend it as much as you want. You can also unlock them in Arcade Mode by S ranking certain courses. I haven't played the AI so idk how easy that is.

oh thank you, i got the Loot Lust. the AI gains huge damage and defense boosts if you keep s-ranking arcade battles and their ai gets a little crazy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Hey mate. I'm 0-50 and fighting 20-0 people. Cool it. We all struggle in this life.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

Level 20 iCarly

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Brought a friend back to life but they come back with like...15% health. Shenron is running a racket

and then you immediately trounced me lmao that was hosed up.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if shenron ever comes out it could only happen towards the end of a match, so it'd be hosed up if he revived someone at 50% or something because you essentially won a background slots game.

i really need to sit in practice and learn people since, if IT's girl buu is anything to go by theres a lot more to the game than relying on autocombos and the Yob Mash but theres 2 many games out.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you need to be really quick to see overheads and grabs coming, im getting my rear end kicked

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpinelessClumsyPizzaDendiFace

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

In Training posted:

GGs buff. drat good DBFZ sets!

i dont think i made any progress and your 16/21 are monsters. 16 can grab you from across the screen christ

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

was watching some vids to learn more details about things and there are all sorts of hidden mechanics and special moves in the game. ultra gohan completely breaks the combo system when he reaches lvl7 which makes him near impossible to predict

e: Level 20 Ultra Gohan

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cafdNnkDGlQ

well bardock was unexpected lol. idk if ill get this since ive barely dipped my toes in this game since launch though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i know its limited as a 2d fighter but the things that complicate dbzf are annoying, there are all sorts of little exceptions for certain characters and moves that you just have to memorize, whereas in tekken it feels a lot more organic.

even w/ the 900 moves every character has in tekken you start to learn patterns and combos and how to consistently defend+punish, in dbzf you just have to know that guy does a grab on his 4th ground string and you have 1 frame to throw a punch and counter it, it's tedious lol. also yeah idk what they were thinking giving 16 2-frame grabs from across the screen and also a tackle that has priority over every other move in the game that can be chained into a 90% combo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive had more fun with tekken 7 grinding away in ranked mode than basically with any other game for the past few years single or multiplayer but it has 0 tutorials and is probably one of the least newb friendly games in an already unfriendly genre of games, you lose spectacularly and quickly without really knowing why until you do a lot of self study and since the game is freaking barebones you'll have to trawl a lot of youtubes and discord pinned messages to find out why or what you should be focusing on. try b4 you buy if you can preferably with someone who can explain wtf is going on.on the plus side the netcode for tekken 7 is generally good and there's lots of ppl playing of all skill levels all the time online.

tekken tag 2 had really great in-game tutorials that exhaustively taught you all the game's systems and had basically a practice for every general situation, what to do if your opponent is keeping their distance, what to do when you get floored, what to do at a wall, etc. and drat, they could've copied and pasted a lot of the general stuff into 7 and it would've been fine but 7 has nothing at all in it

that said 7 is the most fun i've had with fightmans probably ever and it's loving fantastic, there is a huge payoff after all the self-study and hours in training mode practicing combos and counters and the netcode is unbelievably good, i may as well be sitting next to imps when we fight

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kongming posted:

This picture sums up the hosed up disparity between the normals in this game, both of those are the same button with the same purpose (universal anti-air). That's the most extreme example but there's a lot of poo poo like that in the game and it makes playing characters that you actually like really hard.

also krillin doesn't have anything that makes up for his problems and is bested in several other categories by pink goku and the other S tiers as well lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yamcha is one of the best characters, and has a really fun moveset, which is hosed up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kongming posted:

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/dragon-ball/news/free-update-dragon-ball-fighterz?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Patch notes for the big balance patch. Summary: We can continue to not play this game.

thats a lot of notes, did they not fix critical issues or something?

also loaded up tek7 yest and started practicing miguel. im so hype for soulcal and i wanna learn this and get some good matches in before SC6

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Hell I love Tekken 7 too but it's pretty different than sc, in terms of trying to learn a game ahead of time. In sc you just push a direction and move instead of having to master the dash cancelling stuff in Tekken just to move around safely

my only experience with soulcal is 1. playing as Link and beating the story/weird cool dungeon crawl stuff in SC2
2. getting drunk and taking turns making abominations in the SC3 character creator and then pitting our monsters against eachother in AI fights

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mayhaps darkest dungeon has bored holes into my brain but i hope SC6 has a cool story gimmick like 2 did, i remember 3 doing some interesting stuff too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ween posted:

Christ

an SP mode with a lot of unique fun gameplay mechanics is way better than just 50 plain ai battles in a row

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ween posted:

You said story

meaning the main story mode or single player campaign or whatever they call it obviously

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

In fond remembrance of the greatest Khantent I've ever hosted/produced in my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxlgXenUPqY&t=7313s

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

There's a lot of details I love about Tekken 7 but I think my favorite animations in the game are all how nice throw breaks look. They all have unique animations, the best is when you put Alisa's Head back on her body.

theres cool animations fr things 99% of players will never see and unique interactions for specific moves on certain characters. advanced aris advice is some poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont get who the gently caress would still watch melee. didnt they remove it from evo and it was back the next year for some reason

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

P-Mack posted:

Tekken is the best esport and it's not even close.

its so cool to watch