Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

syria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

syria.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/tree_bro/status/79444819902074880?lang=en

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

syria.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Yandat posted:

shut the gently caress up you awful loving person

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

brown moses added the thread subtitle about himself, lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

thatfatkid posted:

Has anyone here actually read the bellingcat "investigative report" of the alleged chemical attack in Douma? It's the most blatant agenda pushing "investigation" that could possibly be put together and all of it based off of hearsay and testimony of one very biased party.

i read the wikipedia page for the attack already

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

SickZip posted:

seeing a D&D poster call a syrian christian a "white liberal" for supporting assad is the first internet comment thats made me angry in a decade.

that was so ridiculous lmao. so egregious even the badposters called him out

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

viral spiral posted:

That would be America, actually

ah well you see russia made donald trump president therefore

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

rudatron posted:

I wanted him to explain what he meant in that post i quoted

Like i don't follow the logic

he has three days to think about it!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

woah he blocked me lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

this whips rear end

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i remember when i read time magazine in middle school (lol) and they posted a picture of al-sadr in an iraq story with black cleric robes and narrowed eyebrows clearly trying to make him look evil and my only thought was "this guy appears to be rad as poo poo"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i forgot about that lol. posting for the question mark

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

mila kunis posted:

i remember when the sauds hit water infrastructure in yemen and there was a bellingcat report that was like "we cant possibly know for certain who did this".

i looked this up because i was curious and lmao

Objective Web Site Bellingcat Dot Com posted:

Does the KSA have a motive for attacking the plant? If the plant was still supplying the contested held city of Taʿizz and parts of Houthi-held territory, then perhaps its destruction would force the Houthis to move. Alternately, the plant could have been used as a firing position by Houthis, making it a military target, as the KSA has claimed before when it targeted an alleged water facility in Yemen (see the bullet points listed below on earlier attacks on water infrastructure).

The Taʿizz coast is quite barren. There is Mocha, a few ports, and this desalination facility, which is quite easily identifiable – as demonstrated in this article. If the plant was being used as a position from which to fire on Saudi or Yemeni government forces that would make it a legitimate target. 

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HorrificExistence posted:

way to quote mine

the next loving line

and then a list of Saudi atrocities

and the conclusion

you complete dolt. that list never assigns blame to the saudis, it uses the weasel word "alleged" then literally drops a tony soprano "whoever did this" in the conclusion.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

check out this extremely sane person

https://medium.com/@kesterratcliff/international-assadists-references-directory-8038067fe394

155pp directory of Known Assadist Infiltrators. 116 minute read on medium. lmao

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

you guys ever wonder what happened to that virulently anti-assad saudi guy who used to post here lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Flavahbeast posted:

Where at? All I could find was this post from a couple months ago:

I receive no funding from the Atlantic Council. I do, however, receive funding from the CIA's rebranded slush fund. Checkmate, fuckers.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

THS posted:

the mod to think-tank pipeline which we all know and love

i would unironically love to work for the 中共中央政策研究室

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

THS posted:

what does that mean

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Policy_Research_Office

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Atrocious Joe posted:

NED was literally founded to fund soft-power stuff that the CIA was considered too toxic to be involved with after the Church Committee hearings. I think funding from them is suspect enough.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion...sUzL/story.html

right, which is why it's so insane he'd admit that's where his funding comes from.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Flavahbeast posted:

Maybe he believes in what he's doing and is posting in good faith :angel:

i'd respect him more if he just came out and said yes, this is where the funding comes from, i have a point of view, factor this in when you read what i write. the "objectivity" of these natsec ghouls is an obvious lie that people continue to believe for some reason.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

THS posted:

i absolutely can believe he’s pro imperialist and believes in what he’s doing. the CIA doesn’t have to control him in some secret way because they wouldn’t have to. he’s a true believer.

everybody and i mean EVERYBODY at beltway think tanks is a true believer. but they still pretend to be neutral scholars or observers.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

THS posted:

there was a good radio war nerd episode recently with max abrahms and at one point john dolan asks him if behind closed doors, like especially after the iraq war and stuff, if they know they are full of poo poo or that their ideology might have problems. and max abrahms is like, no, not even a little bit. behind closed doors they think their terrible psychotic worldviews are unassailable

anyway thats why there will be no mercy when the potomac runs red and the suburbs of DC burn

it makes sense. you can't have any doubters in the nerve centers of the security and intelligence apparatuses. that would bring the whole house of cards down

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

I have literally never cheer-leaded any US intervention into anything. The only recent US interventions I view even remotely semi positively are the gulf war and Kosovo.

wow, incredible coincidence the interventions you happen to think are good are the ones the media still holds up as the good interventions. how does it always line up so perfectly lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

BM is biased in the same sense the every other journalist is biased, but that doesn't mean you can treat his findings and the posts of, say, partisangirl or Mark Ames, with the same validity. Especially when the latter put out deliberately misleading and disingenuously framed content on the regular.

all perspectives are biased but not all perspectives are equally valid. unless you can show the bellingcat are US government stooges, I don't see why I should disregard his reporting out of hand, the way I would for some of the people regularly posted in this thread.

please provide examples of people in this thread sincerely citing partisangirl as a reliable source. since it's so prevalent you should be able to find at least five. if you can't do this you're banned.

you have until midnight est december 11.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

That and the media has a free hand to publish anything it feels like about Iran, Venezuela, the DPRK or Syria with full confidence that no one will object.

don't forget china, cuba and to a lesser extent vietnam. remember the sonic wave attacks melting diplomat brains that were actually crickets?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the workers' party of korea has the technology for necromancy and we MUSt get it for ourselves.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the us' strategy in places like libya and syria has absolutely been destabilization rather than the establishment of a puppet regime. if they can't have it, nobody can.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/YemeniJournal/status/1135088444395413504

e: checked the date and it's an old story. ah well, nonetheless,

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

hope i'm not the only one who heard this in kiryu-san's voice

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

in the old days these guys would have kept their mouths shut. this is one of those things that shows you how much the empire's declining

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao at the people smell-testing bm's bullshit in the comments

quote:

Actually, I haven't seen anything that convinces me the Iranians are there at all.

The linked article references Ashoura-class and Zolfaqar-class speedboats. There's no mention of a Gashti-class or model. The only image resembling the boat pictured is linked to a dead video stream. Perhaps Gashti is a sub-type of Ashoura? We have no idea.

Either way, both patrol boats aren't exactly maritime archetypes. They're pretty generic speedboat designs adapted in specifically Iranian ways. If you can manufacture any fiberglass powerboat, you can probably knock together something that looks like the boat in the picture.

Assuming all the Iranian speedboats are even accounted for. I don't see any VIN markings on the allegedly Iranian vessel either. The US equivalent: Are we talking about the USS Cole or the USS McCain? That should be a pretty easy question to answer. Especially when you have image enough to spot a supposed limpet mine.

That's assuming the images are real at all. The special effects crew from "Enemy of the State" put together better work back in 1998.

Nope. Not buying it. I'm just as convinced US or Saudi impostors were trying to remove a mine they knew would reveal their espionage. There's absolutely no reason right now to believe one account anymore than the other. Actually, based on recent events, you can discount US and Saudi credibility quite substantially.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

still shaking my head at that post though. you pompous prick. after vietnam, iraq, libya, both venezuela coups, korea, the list goes on, endless wars and bloodshed given the big thumbs up in the editorial pages, what kind of brain disease do you have to have to flaunt a byline in the new york loving times. you should be ashamed of yourself for publishing in that rag and instead you puff up your chest and waddle in here like a prize pig, expecting us to kiss your feet like the cretins in d&d. gently caress off forever you sanctimonious little poo poo.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Nurge posted:

Brown Moses is cool, and good. I get that most of you have never seen actual journalism, but it's loving hilarious that people expect by default for reporters to cheer for some loving team. You're all idiots.

Being able to take a few punches and stand is not a symptom of toxic masculinity. It's called being prepared for a world which will crush and grind you up without hesitation. Soft values are all fine and good till you actually meet someone who doesn't subscribe to it. Welcome to China rolling over the entire world because no one knows how to respond. Goddamn idiocy. The only problem with "toxic masculinity" is that only men really learn it growing up. It needs to be taught to everyone.

It's too late now anyway. 美好的一天 to you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/m_e_e_t_a/status/1139856290673565696