Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Flip that middle seat upside down and you could squeeze in another inch or two.

edit: Flip it to face backwards too and you might buy an inch or two front-and-back at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I always come back to the fact that as long as people want to ride motorcycles this magical automated driving future is gonna be stuck in first gear.

Outlaw motorcycles, problem solved.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yes don't thrown a bunch of electronics and batteries into a local body of water. Find some other way to inflict damage.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Round-the-clock spycam from your boss shouldn’t be a problem if you have nothing to hide. :cop:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
White guys all look the same.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

GamingHyena posted:

So how was Fhloston Paradise?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
it’s a funny commercial IMO

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
that can’t be real.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The $5k oscilloscope data processing software clearly has a hard-coded IP somewhere.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

So it's basically a mobile surveillance camera that can only record one small area of the parking lot at any given time.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
LPT: Mount your remotes on the wall next to the entrance to each room.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Cyber eye installation will absolutely be available from affordable street vendors when they become available. It will be a lot like when the guy gets a skull gun installed in Diamond Age.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Self-driving cars will actually be remote-controlled by an outsourced warehouse full of specially-trained rats. Mechanical turk, but with rats.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Right up there with racist assholes learning they are 20% african.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Trabisnikof posted:

Apparently the cool new thing in consumerism police state is buying your own automated license plate reader that automatically reports back to the cloud and gives your HOA the ability to track vehicles coming in and out of the neighborhood:

https://www.flocksafety.com/

I'm going to suggest this to my burbclave.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The trick when someone starts asking about how safe particular places are or talking about how unsafe that area is is to do a mental substitution of “white” for “safe.” That’s usually what they are trying to find out.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Tashilicious posted:

this is just mean

EDIT: I mean I'm assuming you're giving wrong information on purpose

Can confirm it is 100% accurate.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Tashilicious posted:

She's a courier not a pizza deliverygirl

gently caress I am humiliated.

edit: She did deliver a pizza once, so technically

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The Diamond Age. also owns.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

My only concern is how it departs in reverse (relative to the face painted on it).

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I cover up the webcam on my laptop because teleconference software doesn’t always start with the camera off and I don’t want my coworkers to see me in my jammies.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Ban internet from smartphones

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
How do they not have cyber-samurai delivering those yet.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rhesus Pieces posted:

speaking of open offices

https://twitter.com/MikeBloomberg/status/1211781268922359810?s=20

hey guys I'm gonna do everything everyone hates, why do I have no constituency? oh well who cares here's some more money for ads no one wants to watch from my bottomless, ill-gotten war chest

Finally a candidate who will run the country like a business.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I've been told by some fishologists that salmon actually like doing all that work to swim up the fish ladders. Apparently someone has measured activity in the closest thing to a pleasure center in the salmon brain when they are struggling mightily to jump upstream.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

The Nastier Nate posted:

Some of us still have offices with enough privacy we can shitpost most of the day so it’s not all bad

I shitpost most of the day from my open floor plan desk. No one else stops looking at Facebook or online shopping long enough to give a gently caress about it as long as stuff gets done.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

purple death ray posted:

The last decade has been startups accidentally reinventing things that have existed for years and charging 100x for them, so this wouldn't be remotely surprising

You have to connect them to the internet tho.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Shear Modulus posted:

have they made a smart bidet yet

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=smart+bidet

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

The Nastier Nate posted:

So my question is if the guy didn’t know what instantink did...did he think the inkjet fairy was mailing him printer ink every month? I guess he could have used his printer so infrequently that he went a year without having to replace a cartridge but those lovely printers go thru a lot of ink so it would be unlikely.

He was trying to scan, not print. HP remotely disabled the scanner function because he halted his ink payment.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Colonel Cancer posted:

At least they didn't physically slice off the fat and muscle from your body and literally suck the poo poo out of your rear end in a top hat, bud. That's just business as usual

That seems a little extreme, making you purge into a Blue Apron-branded bucket would be more feasible.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

lol nice apparently my zip code has 250 times the safe recommended levels of arsenic, very cool and good

What kind of bedrock are you on, it is probably naturally occurring arsenic.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
He's not wrong.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

2018 apparently

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
"Quick now, before you die, type your checking account number into this form and hit enter."

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
TFW you can finally sysadmin your fish lights remotely.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I always lol at Amazon constantly recommending different versions of everything I have ever bought there.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That is exactly why those magnets comes with a million warning labels.

Also an astrophysicist thinking that he can derive a medical device from first principals is peak astrophysicist.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
“Anoderm” is an awesome word and I need to find a way to use it in conversation.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1254824675013771267?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
B& for posting while high