Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

That really is a nice OP kenny, good job.

Playing (ideally awful) games fast is :krad:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

tote up a bags posted:

Dog’s life any% is the only run that matters at this point

Dog's Life 100% run at SGDQ, starting at 3am and running till it's done!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

I occassionally run Odyssey any%. Twitch is https://www.twitch.tv/redlinessb

I wonder how many submissions SQDG will get for Odyssey, they are going to be legion.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Boogalo posted:

I need to get around to watching awful block.

Highlight of the whole event.

:synpa:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Was there anything really controversial about agdq 2018 aside from having to pay 5 bux to be an edgelord in twitch chat? I don't want to watch that video.

It was very drama-light, which is a nice change.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Holy poo poo.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Studio posted:

People don't post about ESA because tbqh people don't care about it.

Even I don't really care about ESA and I'm a euro. I find it a little too lax in how it's run, and I really dislike having two streams- for real having more choice is actually a bad thing because it makes deciding what to watch effort. I'm a lazy poo poo who wants to turn on The Stream and see what being run. That's not even counting the two BAD options of having the 2nd stream in another room (dead) or, like last time, in the same room (AUDIO BLEED IS A BITCH). I did tune into the last one more than usual, as Sir Large Jonathan was all over the schedule which was nice, but it was still a lot worse than RPGLB and the GDQs. Not even much if a contest... drat Americans are just better at putting on a show I guess :v:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

D. Ebdrup posted:

That's very likely just a very vocal but small minority; I think there are a lot of people who, like me, are wistful for the old times and miss them, but also recognize that a lot more good comes from todays GDQs and that they're still fundamentally fun experiences although they have some problems that they need to work on.

I don't know many people who miss the CGDQ kind of era, I do know people who miss the ~2013 ish era where GDQ was in the middle ground between Pro and Am. I still remember '13 fondly myself. However the rose tinted specs make us forget the tech issues! SO MANY TECH ISSUES hahaha. Generally I think it's hard to argue that GDQ isn't fundamentally much 'better' than it was then, but it's also very different and change is always divisive.

Can't wait for the 5th of January! Absolutely nothing soothes the post-holiday blues like a bunch of nerds running games at speed.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Baron Snow posted:

The FF runner has been banned for 18 months from GDQ

https://twitter.com/UFOtekkie/status/1215359801212858368

I know it'll be divisive but I approve of them waiting until the run was done. The decision would be unfairly late, to the other runners if one no else, to have it happen before.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

UraniumAnchor posted:

Posting this here so that it doesn't get lost in the chat thread noise. It's very :blessed: about the Terraria runner.

https://dotesports.com/streaming/news/badger-returns-after-agdq-to-almost-1000-subs-during-terraria-revenge-run

I haven't seen the run yet, It's top of the list of VOD's I'm looking forward to, but from everything I've heard this is so deserved.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

And may it rot in hell! :P

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

heeheex2 posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/closetowar final fantasy 10, 3 mins ahead of PB/WR, 9hr 15min / 10hr 06min into run

Oh nice. Almost 4 minutes ahead now!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

KariOhki posted:

The CRDQ games list and schedule is out: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

It's very...standard GDQ. Like an appetizer course of the typical games/blocks you get at a GDQ

Oh hey, that's like, tomorrow. Neat!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

TeaJay posted:

ESA Summer is also starting tomorrow - there's plenty of interesting runs coming up, don't think we've got enough interest for a thread (or even a live commentary?) but just thought I'd throw that out there.

https://esamarathon.com/schedule/

Man, being a Euro myself I always wished I could get more excited about ESA but I just never manage it. I feel bad.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Odd Wilson posted:

“The Blade Wolf DLC run incentive people paid for is a pre-recorded, segmented run,” Mekarazium writes to the GDQ enforcement team. “I haven’t mentioned it anywhere, neither during the submission process or the email I sent to the [GDQ] committee. It was supposed to be a real-time run, but I’ve changed my mind at the last second after switching the saves.”

Amazing excuse making right here, Speech 100 :psyduck:

What an odd thing to do. Nerves I wonder? Maybe his practice wasn't going well. Still, very odd. I enjoyed his run as well, the commentary guys did a great job. He did somewhat seem to announce his retirement from running at the end? Maybe it was part of that, who cares if he's banned if he doesn't plan to run anymore.

;e

"We have removed Mekazarium’s runs from our YouTube archive, and will not permit him to run in the future.” Oh that's a real shame for his couch, they killed it.

Ravus fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 5, 2022

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

MagusofStars posted:

Maybe they make a few minor changes to the vetting process or tech protocols or something, idk, but I would be pretty surprised if GDQ makes sweeping changes to their stance on remote runs because of one dumbass.

Handcams! Honestly I think handcams are super cool anyway, and much easier to set up at home.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

:krad:

Sucks it's after I start my new job so I won't catch as much as i'd like, love RPGLB.

VODs will keep me going till xmas though :sun:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

KennyMan666 posted:

If anyone was wondering there will be an AGDQ thread as usual, I'm just not done with it yet.

I was indeed. That's ok, games done fast, threads done slow :sun:

Angryhead posted:

https://twitter.com/summoningsalt/status/1611461463666995200
Might be neat!
e: but not available for purchase in Estonia :(

What an ideal warm-up to gdq.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Ravus posted:

Angryhead posted:

https://twitter.com/summoningsalt/status/1611461463666995200
Might be neat!
e: but not available for purchase in Estonia :(

What an ideal warm-up to gdq.

Or it would be if it was available anywhere in the UK. Jees.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Studio posted:

A manufactured globe of ArfJasons

We were the ArfJasons all along :eng99:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

fritz posted:

* ArfsJason

Le Arfs Jason

(said with as much french hon hon hon as possible).

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

O fuk, speedy recovery dude.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Boy do I love FF9 runs far more than could possibly be healthy, what an incredible 8 hours (so far) it's been.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Hungry Squirrel posted:

The AGDQ schedule is posted. I'm hoping to take time off work to watch some blocks this year (or to recover if I watched an overnight run). Which runs look like they'd be worth using PTO for?

Zic3 is getting the closer?! Daaamn, that's awesome.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Studio posted:

:crossarms:
it's a forum, op

You're a forum.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Hungry Squirrel posted:

The general "here" of SA. Good lord.

I'd like to stop having main-character energy, here; I'm going to go touch grass while the forum goes back to AGDQ discussion.

Speedrunning thread 3.5: A Hungry Squirrel

ZeusCannon posted:

Are there any runs that people are really looking forward to?

Zic3's FF run!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

It's SO GOOD, hot drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Cool Matty posted:

Just letting you all know that the schedule page was updated (again) fixing many of the complaints levied at it here. Such as better colors on the toggles, and displaying the console information.

More updates will occur throughout the week I'm sure. Thanks for the feedback.

:krad: fast iteration! Very nice.