Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
did some cards get nerfed recently? I played this a lot before monster hunter came out and now am coming back to it and it feel like I suddenly suck rear end at this game. I used to regularly at least make it to the A3 boss but frequently stall out in A2 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
uppercut is Good. Weak is tremendously better than Vulnerable

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
lmao if you're trying to 'top-deck' things.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
in other news, i've begun getting winstreaks again. getting more disciplined about picks was big. I also rolled the dice on snecko eye and coasted to an easy win after getting a bunch of good ironclad 3's.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Getting cards that give you orbs cheaply sets you up to do really interesting turns where you roll through like 8 effects. The cards that scale based on h ow many orbs you've channeled work really well if you've got 2 or so chills or a bunch of the attack and lightning orbs in your deck.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I have to get more disciplined about skipping when the game gives me 3 dead cards. My power curve seems to be at the highest around the middle of act 2, and then i can't resist adding little doodads to my deck to make it cooler (and weaker)

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
not really enjoying how dependent the mass -0 card build is on AFO. Tried a run without it yesterday and just petered out on docu and deca.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
drat snecko eye and multiple sunders turns the defect into a joke. cruised to a close victory against timekeeper

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Wow the mods are really gonna gently caress me up

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
it seems really easy to slam a few decent cards together and win as the slime, but its very fun to.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Stance dance into mantra got me through 2 runs so far. The double card potion on the recurring mantra power card got me every other turn Divinity on my boss fight.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
day9 is streaming this right now and he's decent at it.

update: well, he's okay at it.

Impermanent fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 23, 2020

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Patrick Spens posted:

He passed up a floor 2 Genetic Algorithm to take a Storm. When he didn't have any powers in his deck.

update update: he's like..... capable of doing some ascension runs.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
good list except runic dome is actually the best relic in the game

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
wow Mark build for Watcher is stupid powerful. I wound up with 5 Pressure Points in my deck and that plus a little bit of scry was enough to completely run the game.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
If you're new, a good rule of thumb is not to take new cards in A3 unless you really, really, know what they're gonna do in your deck.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
it's good, a lot more swingy than sts. the default difficulty is way lower but it ramps up as you ascend pretty nicely

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
StS isn't a multiplayer game so there's no social pressure to play at a reasonable pace and there's no timer so I don't really think there's a hard cutoff point at which you can say someone is taking "too much time" BUT learning to make a decision quickly and decisively is a skill that is worthwhile and does speak to having a body of game knowledge that you can access quickly.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
wow I've never played modded StS before because I always kinda assumed any modded stuff would be hot garbage w/r/t balance but Downfall owns. The Snecko boss character does actually feel wildly overpowered but everything else is at least in the same ball park.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

massive spider posted:

A20s double bosses for Defect is loving me up because time eater kills my claw decks and awakened one kills my power decks and beyond that Im out of ideas for defect.

Inserter mass orb decks

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
You don't need to take snecko eye if you only take 0 cost cards

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
is there a good way to transfer saves from my android device to my steam version? I wound up on a slay the spire spree during holiday downtime the past few weeks and now I am at A6 for all characters after having never really done harder StS stuff before. I don't want to do it all again on my steam version

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
attention thread i was given corruption for my "get a rare card" pick from the heart and picked up a dead branch from my second elite

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Tiny house has been moving up in the world. It's not regarded so badly now as it once was.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Simply do 999 damage and he will die

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
The ultimate mobile sts experience is now the steam deck, especially because you can run modded on there

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Today's daily is an excellent example of when snecko eye is a slam pick.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Baalor will take accuracy on shiv decks, but only once the deck is solidly a shiv deck. he won't take it before he has the other pieces in place. Other cards like phantasmal killer he'll take much more often even when a deck isn't' a shiv deck, which means they show up as the big damage multiplier in those decks much more often.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Monster trains gameplay feels padded with extraneous stuff to me but some people like the tactical options that offers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
i posted this in the boardgame thread but i'll crosspost it here since y'all are talking about the boardgame too

trip report on the new StS board game: very good. My wife (no StS experience, but a lot of Dominion, puzzle strike, etc.) and I (StS vet) both enjoyed the heck out of it. It is really the best-of-all-possible-worlds interpretation of the computer game into a board game, and its very novel to suddenly have, for example, an Ironclad limit break deck be able to be majorly supported by a Silent deck with a lot of Vulnerability cards. She loved that the cards are so clean iconographically. Dyslexia makes less honed deckbuilders and card games hard for her because of the sheer amount of text going on - the StS board game team put a ton of effort into making the cards extremely succinct. The standard floor fights hit a good balance of quickness versus effort - there's less turns happening per fight here than the computer game, which solve the problem of not having the computer there to calculate things for you. The big boss fights are slower but meaningfully crunchy, especially with the big damage they can toss out.

I wonder how bad a loss to a strong Goblin Nob in act 1 when a character manages to draw 0 defend cards at the wrong time would feel in a team game, however. This hasn't happened for us so far but it seems possible - if not for us then for someone who is a little newer to this kind of game. Upgrading your defends allows you to use your defends on other character, rather than just yourself - I wonder if that kind of play is going to make upgrading them more valuable in this game vs the digital version.