Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Luvin the fact since they took power:

Lost my tuition rebate which was going to pay off the last bit of my debt

Have to pay more for the bus because they just decided they didn't want to anymore

Watched as my field was cut down by the government telling the WRHA to cut their budget.

Watched as my own place of work was cut down by the above.

Currently watching the unions fight themselves for the honor of being the one union the government laughs at, ignores so the union can shrug and go "eh whattya gunna do?"

Like even/if we get rid of Pallister there is no way in hell they are going to rebuild the gutted healthcare industry. This is just our future now.

But hey now I get to save literal cents on purchases! WOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I think you'll find that our fine Mayor (who is very humble about mentioning he is Metis) got rid of racism a year after we were voted the most racist city in canada. Racism. It's just gone.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I was legit happy when that fat gently caress got demoted to doing a loving podcast with his wife that no one cares about after I don't know how many loving chances he had for dumb poo poo.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Arivia posted:

is this jian ghomeshi or another motherfucker

Nah, we had this rear end in a top hat named Wheeler that was just a fat gently caress playing old man white rock on the radio and for some reason decided he was suddenly an investigative reporter ("interviewed" the author of the "winnipeg is racist" article) while also having a history of saying sexist, transphobic and racist things. Finally got canned last year and now makes a podcast with his wife (maybe it's still going on, who knows, no one cares about him anymore).

I'm forgetting here, but wasn't there a mayoral candidate that had a wife/gf or something that had her facebook dragged during the election showing her being racist? Don't know why that popped in my head.

IN summation elect Wab.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

OF course he has a patreon. It's not even so much the money he makes, just that he has been downgraded from "that guy on the side of a bus" to "he's still around? huh" type of irrelevancy which is nice. I mean, except to the idiots still trying to prop up his podcast.

DariusLikewise posted:

that was gord steeves and his wife posted this gem

Ah yes, that's the WInnipeg I know and remember.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Honestly can't get enough of this ad right now

My friend got their house key cut for me so I can let their dogs out while his wife works 16 hour shifts back to back at a hospital that's going to close in a few weeks and just lol forever at this ad.

I saw those tweets being passed around fbook and made a mental note to check it out later because I thought there is no way that could be loving real. No way they could be either that tone deaf or petty....

...why am I surprised.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I work in healthcare.

It's loving insane.

No one listens.

I have no mouth and I must scream.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Manitoba healthcare brethren how are you voting for the union fight to the death?
First gently caress the toothless unions for going along.
But mgeu sounds like they have absolutely nothing to offer. I hear rumors of having to take a homecare contract as a baseline if they win?
Cupe is hardly my favorite but it seems they are offering around what I have now.

...I need to start selling my body to make money to live.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

five more years! five more years!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I hope this bites them in the rear end

https://twitter.com/CineplexMovies/status/1148305686423592960

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm trying to parse why it' s happening in the first place. Or more specifically what the public spin on it is. The movie is old. Way gone from theaters. Why is it being brought to Canada now? Why is it only being shown for one week, with such few theaters?

It's not an important film. It's made up of lies and mistakes.

I realize the real reason is that CEO got paid $$ and probably either hates or is neutral on women's rights. But how do you spin it to the public that this movie needs to be given a chance?

I have a staunch Catholic friend from high school and we were talking about abortion and hypocritical Christians. He hates that people look down on religion, as he states he loves everyone. He may not agree with everyone's choices (abortion) but he will still love them. To which I asked if the PC's get control and "open the debate" again on abortion, that I could count on his support fighting to make sure that doesn't happen. After all, he's not a hypocritical Christian and loves everyone, right?
Yeah, he wouldn't give an answer.

gently caress.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

gently caress, of course it's coming to winnipeg.

I wonder how sold out it will be in Steinbach and Winkler though.

Funny I tweeted landmark asking if they were idiotic enough to show the film too or if they cared about women's rights. No wonder they didn't get back to me.

I realize, as someone said, it's only a week and in select theaters. But the fact that a movie this erroneous, this biased in a time where critical thinking is down and fascism is going up, we really don't need this poo poo. And the fact a movie that's been done in theaters for awhile is only now coming for one week to select theaters says A) let's wring the $$ out of the religious nuts and B) gently caress women.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Bilirubin posted:

I think the important thing to remember though is that Winnipeg sucks

Raises hand to protest.
Opens mouth.
I notice I live in Winnipeg.
Put down hand and angrily stuff a chicken finger with honey dill sauce in my mouth.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Postess with the Mostest posted:

y'all have a lot of violent crime

We get real rowdy during Jazz fest. IS THAT SUCH A CRIME???

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

All joking aide, our jazz fest actually is pretty goddamn awesome.

Never cared for countryfest, and the stories I would hear from co-workers reaffirmed never to go.

Also lol I have people canvessing and everyone but the PC's are like "we're going to strengthen healthcare and expand it!" and I'm like "Okay, but don't we have to undo the damage the PC's did first, and wouldn't that cost a lot of money to get back staff/reopen/remodel places we just got rid of?" and everyone changes their tune to "well we're going to create a system where they can choose what to do! If they want to continue being urgent care they can, or go back to being an emergency room!"

*sobs*

My healthcare system is hosed. It's going to be "we don't have the money to undo the damage those naughty, naughty PC's inflicted on us, so we have to keep things the way they are"

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

The two Liberal candidates that I have talked to can't seem to loving explain how it would really work, either.

Which is a shame, since I am in healthcare, and this is pretty important to me.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

*Me, a suave, educated man about town who was shafted the last $2500 credits from staying in province after University thanks to the PC government, rides the bus daily and had fares skyrockets thanks to the PC government, and works in healthcare which has been gutted, losing friends, colleagues and having our own department slashed thanks to the PC government. I close my door and relax, putting on "The Mavericks" and getting ready to unwind after a hard day.*

*knock at the door*

Me: Who could that be? Who knocks or visits people in 2019?

*opens door to see a smiling woman*

Woman: Hi, I'm you're PC represe--

Me: *bursts out laughing* PC? I don't think so.

*closes door on lady. Continues to laugh. Opens door to see woman slightly perturbed. Laughs harder. Closes door*

Well, that's my Manitoba voting story for the day.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Powershift posted:

holy loving poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRD3vrSLPaw

I didn't even know they were canadian.

Would have been better if they kept the harmonies throughout.

The Stan Rogers/folk loving part of me loved the beginning and groaned at the 2:05 mark or so since their voices were so good.

The hard rock/metal/punk part of me got used to the last part.

Which is all to say, thanks for sharing this.

EDIT: Why does all power metal now sound like a computer AI trying to craft the perfect song from a video-game obsessed 14 year old's mind. Was it always this way? Am I getting old? *wrist snaps*

CrcleSqreSanchz has issued a correction as of 01:20 on Sep 3, 2019

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

i was talking to a canvasser over the weekend and he was told at the door of a st.vital apartment building, after some push, that the person they were talking to "couldn't vote for some loving sqaw"

I want to buy Manitoba and kick everyone but the Indigenous people out.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

IF Pallister wins tomorrow night I fully expect the camera's on him during his win speech to suddenly go into a dutch angle, the lights to dim and Pallister to turn into a deadite.

It's what we, as a province, would deserve.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

James Baud posted:

Lost in the turmoil over the Vancouver Sun (& Province) running some white nationalist Op-Ed that quickly got taken offline the other day, another paper in BC ran this beauty until they, too, took it offline under fire:

I didn't read all of this, but I love it when old fucks start waxing poetic about the old times, trying hard to be as folksy as possible about usually things that long past acceptable in society.

*leans back in chair, grabs straps of suspenders* "Yes, I remember the good ole days. WHen the sun set with cotton candy colors, and the air smelled a little sweet. Yes, those were the days that we could just have a gun, and shooting animals was as harmless as--"

*falls off of chair as grandkids laugh*

In other news, who is ready to ride the hope train of Pallister being unemployed tomorrow? He can gently caress off back to costa rica and help Chris Georges in his next masterpiece:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uPc_oISJok

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

James Baud posted:

That is a surprisingly apt way to put it for someone who didn't even make it to "the good part".

I have now read it. Jesus. Hahaha what the gently caress. WHy don't we just cut off their heads and stick them on pikes while we are at it.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Powershift posted:

With 2.2% of the vote in, CBC has called the Manitoba election for Pallister.

Let's go live to Costa Rica for his reaction.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---

*runs out of breath and passes out*

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Racists and loving morons? In MY province? It's more likely than you think!

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Pallister will ban art because it will remind people of hope and happiness.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Powershift posted:

Pallister has more of the popular vote than Kenney did. How is anybody happy with the poo poo he has done?

Because he dog whistled his way into their hearts, I can't even remember who was running for liberal and we are about 50 years from having an indigenous person in that seat.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I am watching Ash vs evil dead to escape the poo poo of my future.

Ash for premier. Or Bruce Campbell acting as Ash for premier

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

CommonShore posted:

I had a conversation with someone at work today because of the election. He babbled nonsense about how Pallister has been improving healthcare, so I assume he voted PC because of racism.

Speaking as someone in healthcare I hope he has a painful but not life threatening medical condition that really puts him through the ringer. It is the only way they understand when it happens to them personally--

*Remembers trump farmers*

Well poo poo.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

littleorv posted:

I’m very aware of the amount of virulent racism in this province and I’ve experienced a pretty fair amount despite only being half but this still disheartens me a great deal.

I may be a white fat guy but I work for and with indigenous people for about a decade. This is loving sickening to see. Again. And again.

....and again.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

That's it, I'm going to bed and pretend there was no election and that we are still just under the first term of this rear end in a top hat and next time....oh boy next time......will be different*

*EDITOR'S NOTE: It was not different.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

the early election bullshit works

forgive my ignorance and sleepiness, but what does that mean? Is that good?

Also I couldn't sleep. Clown will eat me. I'm going now, but trying to meditate and clear my thoughts of the bad and focusing on the good has been a hellacious ride tonight.

I get to watch the new Neil Breen film tomorrow, so hooray for bad films. The WSO is doing a Jurassic Park night. Maybe I can actually make a "Cream of the crap" showing at the cinematheque one day. I have my health. Good non-conservative friends and family. I have a job that is exhausting but fulfilling. I made great beef gyro's the other day. I am almost finished writing my latest book.

Life can be good.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Required listening:
https://youtu.be/5wHDFBZ9YKg

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

infernal machines posted:

https://twitter.com/macleans/status/1172309404563062784

andy scheer: we must protect the indigenous peoples from their rights

Do they....do they not see that if you replace "indigenous" with "white"......

...they do see it, of course.

*insert George C Scott "turn it off" clip"

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Hmmm so I vote for man who wears blackface and can barely hide his contempt for Indigenous people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC5ftxsmVG8

OR

Vote for a man who wants to make sure men own women's bodies again and rips apart healthcare.

Can I vote to have both parties shot into the sun instead?

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

vyelkin posted:

there are more than two parties

Hell yeah Rhino party

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

vyelkin posted:

i have no photoshop skills but someone please, please, please photoshop this abysmal magazine cover to show one of the blackface pictures instead

well shucks, sure

Or you could just

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

If you think that tweet was bad you should have seen the Al Jolson-inspired song and dance he wanted to do instead

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Powershift posted:

Make Manitoba the Red River Colony Again

#CancelManitoba #MMRRCA

I live here and I say....

Hell yeah.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I live up on a high floor in my apartment and I await the day I can just hop the balcony into my canoe and paddle to what was once work.

Also, fill your playlists with Corky and the Juice Pigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Suplex Liberace posted:

I wonder if Winnipeg will have legit 7 months of winter and if the city will just go mad because of it.

I have already written up two residents so if this is going to be seven months I expect a bloodbath in three months max.

Also guy Mardin is a loving narcissistic rear end in a top hat