Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Pookah posted:

FU YOOOH!

(I love uncle Roger, he is wonderful)

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Mega Comrade posted:

Portishead been around since 1991 and have only made 3 albums. A case of quality over quantity because each one is a matterpiece.

And Third didn’t even come out until 2008; their videos have been popping up a lot recently on YouTube, which makes me hope that wonder if maybe something new might come sometime this decade

e: f; b, kinda

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

ultrafilter posted:

I Monster covered that. If you like trip hop the album it's on is worth a listen.

And that was later sampled for “Daydreamin’” on Lupe Fiasco’s Food & Liquor

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Teach posted:

One of these days I'll find someone else who loves How To Operate With A Blown Mind by the Lo Fidelity Allstars. :(

But that's more big-beat.

Not sure about the whole album, but I prefer the original version of Battleflag over the one that was played on the radio all the time. I didn’t at first, but it grew on me.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

My wife used to have a coworker who would rescue wildlife and exotic animals. Raccoons have the softest, squishiest hands :kimchi:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

There is a small wildlife sanctuary at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History, and one time we were there, one of the crows kept saying “woo-woo-woo-woo!” to my wife and it was :3: as h*ck let me tell ya

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Joel Haver, blessed YouTuber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hh8y7D9PgA

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

We have two strays at our house that, one day, we will take in—for now, our older cats are not very welcoming of them.

One of them, Fallon, pretty much warmed up to us in the way that Tiger does in this video. He never hissed at us, but he did get spooked whenever we were near. Now he’s our sweetboi and he pretty much stays on our property.

The other, Magic, was around when we first moved into this house in late 2019 but didn’t really become friendly with us until last fall. He was different though, in that he didn’t get used to us with repeated exposure, but he began to notice how much Fallon trusted us, so he came around. Now we see them both nearly every day, getting mad headbutts in exchange for kibble and scritches :3:

edit: fixed imgur links

root beer fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 27, 2022

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Shiniest babybel I’ve ever seen, and a really unconventional way to remove the wax. Curious.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Aw, where’s the rest of it?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/YTGo82f.mp4

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I thought dude was starting to slip but no, it was all part of the act. Hot drat.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Didn’t even need the sound effect to hear it, it was all implied

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Or about raccoon hands. So squishy, like li’l gummi hands :3:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

idk, I kinda get a skweezy jibbs vibe from that cat

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Nessus posted:

Good to see Todd getting work. Hope that lady hides her stash.

Yeah, was gonna say, Lyle’s probably in the background somewhere looking for smokes to yoink or something

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I thought I was a weirdo for wanting a prosthetic as a kid with working limbs

They have a long way to go, but they have come a long way, iirc back in the ‘80s prosthetic arms were still mostly just hooks, though they were split and could open and kinda grasp things

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

That initially scanned to me like the researchers were watching for no reason other than to have fun

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

My daughter’s friend has a crush on another girl. None of her friend group bats an eye. She doesn’t want her parents to know but I think it’s just normal awkward pre-teen behavior, as I’m sure they’d be accepting of it.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You missed the second photobomb :ssh:

Jesus christ some people are never satisfied

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Techmoan’s vintage hi-fi videos are my go-to Sunday afternoon viewing, it feels like watching PBS as a kid

Throw in some Townsends video about some kind of boiled meat pudding, and a thick blanket, and you’ll be set

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

And donuts for dessert, I presume? :unsmith:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

ekuNNN thread MVP 2022 and, let’s be real, probably 2023

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

That right there is a copilot dog, just a big ol’ dog that always calls shotgun and offers conversation throughout the whole ride

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Yeah, we’ve done that for our daughter once, it’s pretty rad

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

It may look fun, but the sad truth behind videos like this is that they're terrified of the ocean and are desperately attempting to fling themselves out of it.

Ah, yes, just as it is with birds constantly screaming due to their fear of heights

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

No, the line goes, “Ain't no rules says a dog can't play basketb— hockey”

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

‘zat Limmy?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

BOOTY-ADE posted:

NOOO they got Terry :cry:

Blame it on the people running the smear campaign. Stochastic shark murder.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I;m airing out thos Beans

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

It’s more of a stressball than a plush tho

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

The last thing you see before you get the cattle’s elbow dropped on you

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

“Has it been two hours? Welp, gotta go feed the parking meter”
—me in a fever dream

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

He’s adopted the cat, named Enkaz (Rubble)

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

nexous posted:

Better not be the only pussy that guy gets

Before the video, I’m sure he was already neck deep in it. After the video, he’s probably in an abyss of it. And good for him.

ekuNNN posted:

Cat sees long time human friend after a long time apart:
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rq8pfigqUc1vmobp0_720.mp4

That’s how my older void reacts when I come back from vacation :kimchi: He’s pretty much my familiar

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Having a David Horselhoff moment? Don’t think he’s drunk though, so

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

A trail cam between two fences reveals that the space is being used by the local wildlife as a Raccoonobahn. Follow that account for lots of furry critters hustling along on their commute.

https://twitter.com/CameraTrapSue/status/1629502931899764737?s=20

EDIT:

It's so busy!

https://twitter.com/CameraTrapSue/status/1629848894027837442?s=20

I’m not sure if I saw it here or elsewhere but there was a lynx in the Raccoonobahn recently. I could swear it was here but everything blurs together for me anymore

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Oof, didn’t see that. Not blessed at all

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

A nativity scene written by an AI with some processing issues, centuries after humanity is gone and non-humans are all that remain

Deer: [gesturing at kitten] Behold, gaze upon my beautiful child
Cat: Mm, yes
Dog: hi im here too
Deer: [licks Cat] Allow me to clean you
Cat: I am gracious

~Fin~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

A :pear: emote needs to be made from this