Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I straight ran away from cazadores. If they're guarding anything cool I haven't seen it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the fallout 1 intro video lays the 50s aesthetic on thick, and it's cool as hell

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

You can kill the first deathclaw by going into the corner store directly across from the museum and shooting it through the windows. It can't fit through the door.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Fallout 1/2/T/3/NV/4: Nick explains that Dogmeat is a dog detective and they go way back and he can introduce you

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's definitely gonna be a switch port of some kind

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

New Orleans or bust, IMO. Wouldn't it be nice if it was on a new engine? :unsmith:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

My God, imagine a Bethesda game with a new engine that would let you do things such as:

use KBM and xinput at the same time

walk through doors while holding the walk/run key

walk around on moving platforms

basically the year 3000

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

a rust-like fallout could be hella cool

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

dibs on the hedonism faction

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

gently caress the creation club for using Bethesda points instead of cash

gently caress everything that uses points instead of cash

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Riatsala posted:

These strip missions (and the ones in freeside) feel like they were scaled for players who somehow sneaked past the deathclaws and arrived at level 2, not someone who's got A Light Shining In Darkness and 1000 rounds of hand load .45 in hold out, to say nothing of the vast arsenal I left at the door.

well... yeah

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Anyone know how to fix the music/radio crackling and skipping in FO:3/NV? I tried changing the music refresh interval thing in the .ini, but that didn't work.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Your Computer posted:

personally I love having a base of operations, which is why I also think it should be possible to build weapon/armor workbenches and stuff right away

yeah it really should have been like this. I know they wanted to give charisma a perk that lets you build more poo poo, but they could have thought of something actually unique and good and not just... baseline functionality

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm playing an unarmed/big guns guy in fo3 right now, and the better fist weapon is plunketts valid points, imo. Unfortunately, big guns have been total poo poo so far. Why did they make the rock-it launcher so fuckin bad? :negative:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it was definitely my first thought as soon as the pod re-froze, and I'm sure it was everyone else's

but that's that people want, predictable boilerplate. any kind of unconventional story/twist would just confuse people, and when people feel confused they get angry

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

When you talk to Nick about Shaun and Nick tells you that Kellogg came into Diamond City with a ten year old, you can immediately jump to that conclusion and then start tracking Kellogg? So... you realizing that was explicitly written into the story?

what the gently caress are you talking about? realizing you could be frozen for any length of time at the beginning is written into the game... because the game tells you later?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

"hey, I bet the old guy who talked about his retirement in this buddy cop movie dies, lol"

*he dies*

"no poo poo he dies, idiot. they just showed it!"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

goatsestretchgoals posted:

This is one of the things that pisses me off the most with the Fallout 4 intro on Survival; can't save without sleeping, and the game won't let you sleep in the vault because 'MY SHAUN' so you can't make a save that you can use to try out alternate builds without going through the whole intro again.

E: Oh hey, somebody made a Fallout 4 mod for Heavy Rain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAhG9D9UO7c

fallout 4 automatically makes a save right before you get on the elevator out of the vault and have the opportunity to change everything

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Thanks for clarifying that FNV isnt an open world game, but an on rails shooter.

:rolleyes:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

At least they realize that people ruin pvp in games like that

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

You can play fallout 4 at over 60fps

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

because I have a controller on my computer (that I don't want to use) I have to use the controller to change to keyboard controls whenever the game launches

good to know this Skyrim era poo poo is still around

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm not surprised, just disappointed. We could be getting so much better if people didn't settle for hack jobs like this

this weird line of thought is expected from tweens on Reddit, but you are supposed to be an adult with a credit card

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

most people who play games are regular older folks and if you start talking to them irl about boycotting games and teaching developers a lesson they will think you are a crazy person and rightfully mock you when you leave

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

Flip side of the coin is someone posting "I'm actually having fun with this." and someone responding "But don't you understand you are destroying video games???" :derp:

CharlestonJew posted:

that's exactly what happened, yes

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm not surprised, just disappointed. We could be getting so much better if people didn't settle for hack jobs like this

lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

So in 76 is there a way for two people to enter an instance and have both get credit for talking to NPCs or completing objectives? I picked this up with my wife, and it's fun, but tedious having to do everything twice.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Did some googling and wow... you really can't share quest progress? What a complete piece of poo poo. Why even bother releasing the content or calling it multiplayer? Truly baffling how anyone could release a game in this state. Shameful.

Do not get Fallout 76 if you plan on playing with a friend. We would return it if we could.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well I'm glad they're adding re-specs, because I've just been winging it on my first character under the assumption that that was, uh, already in the game

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

pretty much every pc game has aim assist for controllers, another thing that probably already should have been in there

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

my wife and I just did the fire breathers physical exam at the same time and wound up with like 40 zombies chasing us, truly thrilling getting holed up and spending 15 minutes and all of our ammo chipping away at them lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I can only assume enemies are scaled up in a party, because my wife and I are in the 20s and everything is a huge bullet sponge. it's not necessarily hard, but it's tedious

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

TheAgent posted:

everything should just scale to your own level, regardless of who you are partied with. the game gets a little weird with scaling right around there, btw -- a problem they've tried to fix twice, and another fix for that level range should be coming in another patch

what are your builds like? and grabbing some legendary weapons from the purveyor or even just tagging along for quests like Uranium Fever and Wolf Horde: Forest can net you some pretty decent weapons at that level

if you tell me what builds you are using or going for, I could probably help optimize them a bit

I just have three points in commando and concentrated fire since those get recommended a lot, she has been putting points into shotguns. Does rifleman affect shotguns in 76 like it did in 4?

I hosed up and wasted a couple points in energy wep crafting before learning that they don't get better. We play by ourselves on a private server, and have done only the level appropriate events that have popped up (if we have enough ammo to be bothered at the time)

Basically when in doubt, I put points in str, per, and luck

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Haha holy poo poo the dude who plays Paige still sounds exactly like Jet

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I might reroll after getting pissed off a couple of months ago, is it viable at all to use pistols?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nice, I will definitely try a private world again with my wife now that we can brute force the stupid poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the GoG version already had GFWL removed, but I don't know if FOSE works with it because I hate loving with script extenders in Bethesda games

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Rinkles posted:

The game won't let you use a gamepad and m+kb simultaneously. That's been standard for like over a decade.

yeah and on top of that if you use a program to map keys to a gamepad to get around this it will toggle auto-run off every time you enter a door because it does that if shift is held down

truly a big pile of poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I blasted through the MQ and broken steel dlc first on this F3 run, and I think that's the way to go. The stuff BS adds to the main map livens it up a bit.

The little recap video when you beat the original MQ is gonna be a little underwhelming though

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 10, 2022

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

absolutely cannot be bothered to mod all of it out, I just embrace the suck and skip though all dialogue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Does fo4 have an explorer perk equivalent?

Hell, I didn't know North Vegas existed in F:NV until like my fifth playthrough