Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Internet Wizard posted:

Wasn’t there also something about becoming more powerful as you collected companions because you connected to the force through them after severing your connection during the war?

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the weapon customization system is cool in theory, but i'd rather have a shitload of guns, like in NV, than the like, 10 in fallout 4.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Does the railroad kill all future synths by blowing up the institute?

He is also known for being an escaped synth. And the mayor of diamond city is a synth to take notes on diamond city.

Why do they let nick stay there telling everyone he escaped from the institute? Isn't there an entire plot point about capturing escaped synths?

he didn't escaped, he was a junked prototype with no memories of the institute.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

All retconned in the dlc.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Nick_Valentine

Please do not play this game to learn the story.

gently caress i can't believe i forgot about that.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Tei posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Improvised_firearm

It seems making a pistol is easier than a revolver

making single shot breech loading pistols is easier than revolvers, but actual semi automatic pistols are harder to make than revolvers.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

my friend gave me a beta code, but the loving bethesda launcher refuses to log me in so i can't actually redeem it.

which is honestly a good thing because i have no interest in this game and didn't really wanna use the bandwidth on it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

go back in time and give fallout back to obsidian before microsoft bought them.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

sneakyfrog posted:

gamers

its not a drat identity its a pastime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-09gNDsPzQ

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

he also cares about balance in singleplayer games which i can appreciate.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Wicked Them Beats posted:

No.

The only game they've made that was a complete disaster technically was Alpha Protocol and they're pretty upfront about how mismanaged that project was.

I guess KOTOR 2 and New Vegas were a little buggy but they were using engines other companies developed and had VERY strict deadlines to complete them. It's not like they could sit down and spend three years fixing Gamebryo.

Edit: And Alpha Protocol was a mess. My favorite bug: if you reloaded a save in the middle of a level it could delete all the enemies. Pro speedrun strat right there.

they also made NWN2 which was unbeatable at release, you literally couldn't progress past the first chapter. that's where i actually think the "obsidian games are buggy as gently caress" meme comes from.

none of their other games were every that bad at launch, and the bugs that were there were generally not game breaking, but the reputation sticks i guess.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

New Vegas was and remains an absolutely buggy piece of crap even compared to the other Bethesda Fallouts. KOTOR 2 shipped with the entire third act missing, and many scripting bugs that could completely wreck your game by blocking story progress.

I think people forget how bad those games were at launch.

fo3, even after patches, was buggier than nv was on release.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Byolante posted:

At some point if no matter what publisher you work for it always seems to go wrong and end in a broken mess then maybe its the studio that is the problem?

NWN2/FNV/Alpha protocol were the only obsidian games that are buggy. 2/3 of those they weren't using their own engines. Dungeon siege 3, PoE1/2 and tyranny were surprisingly bug free, especially for open world RPGs.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

PoE1 and 2 were very buggy as well

compare them to the pathfinder game that just came out, or dragon age origins, or even BG1/2 on release. that's why i said surprisingly bug free for a open world crpg. :v:

gently caress, DA:O never fixed the literal game breaking save bug that happened in the veil that just crashed your game when you hit a certain point. i don't think there was ever anything clost to that bad in poe1/2.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Dec 3, 2018

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

ETPC posted:

is age of decadence racist

No but it’s an incredibly hard game to recommend, even as someone who really enjoyed it.

There’s a lot of gotchas, especially in the character creator.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

rodbeard posted:

I unironically love restarting rpgs over and over again until I find a build I like. I'll check it out.

don't try to make a jack of all trades in it is what i'll say. at least not until you've played through the game.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

upgunned shitpost posted:

being able to craft ap rounds for the all-american turns it into a railgun that hates life

worth the points.

too bad you can't in the base game. :(

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

tadashi posted:

I also like to believe that 76 doesn't exist.

fallout 76 was almost 6 years ago.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

doomfunk posted:

buddy I have people telling me unbidden about their time with its latest update. "6 years ago" doesn't matter to the live service player base.

hosed up but i believe it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Perfect Potato posted:

As anyone with sense and the slightest bit of familiarity with Emil could realize he was being very, extremely, Genuine

My "Nate is NOT a war criminal!" T-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Arivia posted:

Prestson Garvey

i hear theres a settlement that needs our help...