Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
My protip for FO4 is also don't spend money on it. It's such a huge step backwards from FONV in writing and gameplay and charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Fo4:nv will never be released.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Mantis42 posted:

It took a decade of mockery but goons finally discovered that NMA was right and Bethesda ruined Fallout.

Remember the Pillars of the Community quest

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Super mutants went from civilized and dealing with their problems in fonv to dumb idiots blowing themselves up at you for no reason in fo4. They serve no purpose other than to tick a box on bethesda's fallout nostalgia cheat sheet. When that super mutant scientist mentioned FEV all I could do was roll my eyes.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I should probably finish Lonesome Road but it just wasn't grabbing me like Old World Blues did, and I was a bit burnt out after slogging through honest hearts.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I really liked the salem witch museum quest where the bodies are sucked up through holes in the floor, half life 1 style, before an obnoxious deathclaw fight.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I played fo3 at release but I'm playing it again because of this thread. I never got very, I kept exploring on my own and skipping ahead in the main quest, and then restarting. Tell me what level I should be for mothership zeta and I'll tell you how bad it is.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I forgot how aggressively green/grey fo3 is.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

After the clumsiness of the first project purity quest, I don't know if I can continue on to Waypoint Zeta. Dad, get off the intercom and help me. Why not give me the fuses right away. I'm stuck in a pipe and the enclave are landing. Why can't I open this door. Ugh.

Point Lookout was okay though. I liked the redneck models.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Yandat posted:

the entire beginning of this game makes no sense, i worry i'm being a weird pedant unable to suspend my disbelief about a videogame with giant cockroaches but for real what is this

4 or 3?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Diamond City was cool because why live in the concession areas, the dugouts, the skyboxes, the offices, when you can live on the field.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

On the other hand, you have vault 81, which after 200 years of isolation, is still sparkly white. That abraxo must work wonders.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Loading screen tip: FEV, or Forced Evolutionary Virus, was created by the Master to turn people in to Super Mutants. That's bad.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I honestly dont remember

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Fallout 3 is a much better role playing game than 4. You can actually define your character, get unique dialogue options, and solve problems in different ways. In 4, you can pick a faction and maybe pass some charisma checks in between fighting of mobs of enemies.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Fintilgin posted:

I really wish I could have been a fly on the wall when Cain/Avellone/Sawyer & assorted Obsidian guys had a late-night bitchfest about what they really think about Bethesda's 'stewardship' of Fallout. :lol:

I thought Old World Blues and Lonesome Road were commentary about this. The Old World is dead and gone, nothing that happened matters, people need to strike a new patch. Which segued nicely in to 4's old comic books, uranium fever, baseball towns, MIT, and all the references to america's history.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Radio New Vegas did that too. This news brought to you by an old man, armed to the teeth with dynamite.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Tinder matched with a girl in a vault suit, but she didn't get my what's the deal with rad scorpions reference. What do I do goons.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Powershift posted:

What benevolent gods.

That's as much as 5 collector edition refunds, basically a $1,000 value.

lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Power armor was so special they gave it to you in the tutorial

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Oops

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

In mah day, Monty pythun was the only meme we had, and we liked it that way

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

How do I get to Black Mountain without getting merked by deathclaws? I'm trying from the north and whoa lordy there are a lot of deathclaws.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

They're still using the same tired lockpicking minigame since Oblivion? That owns so much

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

The number #1 asset Bethesda reused has been their janky rear end engine.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Bethesda's fallout canon is on par with fallout tactics and its Vault 0, a weapon stores.

Control vaults? gently caress You!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Tei posted:

This is the Pipboy now.

I dont like pip boy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Fallom posted:

Bethesda hasn't been crowing about it so it is completely safe to assume it bombed.

They cheaped out on development, charged full price on their own digital platform, and have a cash shop. Even if it bombed it still likely made money.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Love that iconic fallout character, the moth

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

i like moth boy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I tried playing mothership zeta and holy moly is it bad. Maybe not Fo76 bad but bad in its own way. The only thing I like more than pipboy is corridors full of bad guys. I don't think I can finish this.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

This heat's enough to make you wish for a nuclear winter.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I'm stuck in mothership zeta because a switch is turning off a forcefield but not the invisible wall behind it. gently caress you, game.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Pip boy now 15% more likeable

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

You'll get a chance to join Caesar's Legion later if you want to, even if they hate you now. Powder Gangers have some quests around the NCR Correction Facility, but nothing much apart from that.

Remember you can use faction armor if you still want to do a hostile faction's quests, though faction leaders and their guards will usually see through it.

There aren't that many fetch quests in NV compared to fo4. The main quest will send you all over the map to make contact with the major factions. The DLC is meant to be done after the main game, but the enemy scaling can get out of hand.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Hauki posted:

that game came out sixteen years ago

And still no hd remaster

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Bethesda is still salty that paid mods for skyrim on steam never took off.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

In order to save money, fallout 5 will also take place in West Virginia

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Iron Crowned posted:

Fallout 5 will take place in Oklahoma, because it's flat as hell

The gamebryo engine could not handle those draw distances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU