Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Krankenstyle posted:

the boredom, the food, the people, the noise, those will all be there regardless of my ticket class

business class food is very good though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

costcos got ya covered https://www.costco.com/THRIVE-1-Year-Food-Storage-31%2C500-Servings.product.11763436.html

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

if you want to watch a 4K movie on Plex you gotta run the server on a modern i5 cpu cause all those premade nas boxes have celerons.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

That google plus leak must have included my info ‘cause I just got 5 spam calls on my google voice number so I disabled it.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

So... Is the speedometer also locked up, or is it correctly holding speed at 72?

screen freezes up. the most reliable way i could freeze my model 3's screen is to use the FM radio tuner for some reason.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

i like evs though, the model 3 is the only one my family fits in at the price. all the other companies like gm and vw have something coming but it's gonna be at least 2 years. i got my model 3 on the 14th last month and put 7,200 miles on it, it's actually a good car.

tesla still sucks as a company though

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Not a Children posted:

Why are you driving 240 miles a day

we drove from atlanta to california to see my family

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My Linux Rig posted:

you seriously trusted a tesla to do a cross country drive?

how many times did you have to stop and stay the night to charge it

yeah totally, i have insurance with roadside assistance, only drove from 7am thru 10pm to be sure we wouldn't have to be rescued at 2am.

the tesla superchargers charge at rate of 120 kw/h so it's always done charging before we go to the restroom and change our daughter's diaper

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My Linux Rig posted:

they have Tesla chargers frequent enough from California to Georgia to make that possible?

also doubling that lol on the roadside assistance

yep https://abetterrouteplanner.com/?plan_uuid=cfa992a7-0203-4b2c-a7b9-5d69b2c9db98 thats the route we took, and it was about 4 days each way

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

get a volt you loving idiot

no gently caress you the only reason to put a battery and electric motor in a car is to replace a gas engine not compliment it

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

i feel like i'm living in the tech bubble in the 90s wow so retro

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

just being friends or roommates of people with low scores will lower your own

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Not a Children posted:

Battery tech is one of those finnicky things that I'm scared will not continue to scale down, what with rare earth metals being a depletable resource. If it continues in this direction, though, it could be industry changing as far as making offset solar/wind viable for a large portion of baseline power.

the cost of new battery tech dropping is a direct result of reducing the amount of rare earth elements needed to build them

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BB6wj6RyKo

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

iospace posted:

Any place that asks me to work more than 40 hours a week without overtime is going to watch me work exactly 40 hours.

unionize everything everywhere

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

obviously uber's in the clear since most of their revenue comes from vc funding

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

didn't youtube already demonetize channels with kids doing gymnastics and other poo poo weirdos watch? i can't imagine why they would recommend videos that don't bring in ad money

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

my wife's from brazil, she told me about nestle's baby formula scandal, that's hosed

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

1000/1000 is the only speed they dont meter you here so that’s what I got

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Soricidus posted:

install a chademo just to spite them

that wont work, they can get adapters for chademo. buy ccs fast chargers instead

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

sony was selling cable tv, over the internet, for the same price as just buying a cable package

also it is $10 more than the exact same offering from google

ps vue used to be pretty cheap when it launched but yeah, i dropped them once they hiked their prices up

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

basically this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc1P-AEaEp8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

restore progressive taxes to the way they were at the beginning of the new deal, and make the work week 25 hours so more people will be employed.

basically i'd be happy if we just copy whatever sweden's doing atm