Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

vyelkin posted:

I don't remember how I felt about Salah at the time but he owns

He does. He really, really does.

I thought we'd struggle after Phil left but I think it's made us focus more on hitting teams on the counter more at speed. Coutinho was amazing with the ball at his feet, and at distance, but we are quicker to get it to our wide players without him.

Don't think we'll win it but no one is going to want to play us next round.

Also loving LOVE we get to rest a few players for the next leg so they'll be fresh for United :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Andy Robertson is the best left back in the league. What a loving player.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

That was a great performance by Liverpool, and if they go through it is thoroughly deserved. Realistically I think they're going to score at least twice at the Etihad which means City are going to need six, but if Aguero's back, and Sane doesn't choke as hard as he did yesterday, and de Bruyne isn't played in such a weird position, and Henderson's gone, and Salah's injury is worse than first thought, and Mane auditions for the UFC again...

Anyway brb, winning the league.

If you score an early goal I think you'll smell blood and it will be a really tense fixture. If you push and we catch you on the break and score I think that's the tie over though.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Blinkz0rz posted:

settle down there

Who is better?

Davies is handy tbf.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

They play a 4-3-3, though they played with a three man backline against Barcelona since they needed to score goals. The biggest mismatch I see is that Dzeko is loving Big and has plenty of Premier League experience. Manolas and Fazio are both pretty fast but not faster than Salah and Firmino, in my opinion. If Klopp has done his homework he'll know that Roma has lots of players that are prone to meltdowns (Nainggolan, De Rossi, etc) so aggravating them will probably be a good mental strategy.

Firmino has a lot of great qualities but speed isn't one of them. Mane, Salah and Ox on the other hand...

I agree about the midfield situation but that's really not our game at all. We have no wind up merchants or slightly dirty players. A lot of our players run with the ball so this should result in a few fouls though.

I'm far more confident against the likes of Dzeko with VvD in the side. Although they'll almost certainly try to attack down the right hand side.

loving nervous to be honest lads. I don't even really look forward to games like this.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

We were real good for about 80 mins and I'm confident Roma can't keep a clean sheet in Rome.

Gutted for Ox though. That's the season and probably the world cup for him. He's been brilliant too.

Three fit central midfielders for the rest of the season is a bit of a worry. Thankfully Milner is a robot, Wijnuldum has hit some great form, and Henderson seems both fit and sharp. If one of them gets injured I'm really not sure what we'd do. TAA in the middle with Clyne and Gomez on the right maybe.

Anyway, better think about getting to Kiev.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ninpo posted:

Hargreaves would be a bit too old to play for them anyway

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

loving get in!

Going to this one lads. Never been to Kiev, what's it like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Wow everyone has come back. Football lives again.

• Locked thread