Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Shame if you aren't playing Runewars over Cloud City and the Death Star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
The learn-to-play guide talks about assembling with glue, so I would expect you'll need magnets for anything that won't stay put with just tension.

Aside from that, it appears that two opposing units with the same range on their guns can be placed in such a way that one only one unit can shoot at the other? Not saying that's a dealbreaker or anything, but it's curious.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

fadam posted:

Where is the second handle for the AT-RT in the starter kit? The one that isn't being held by the guy riding it.

It's supposed to be in the bag with the Skywalkers, but a lot of people are reporting it missing, so if you can't find it there or on the floor under your workbench: https://parts.asmodeena.com/partsrequests/

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Finally got my first game in yesterday and so far am very pleased. We did the three victory point locations along the center line; I won 6-3 with Luke, 6 Rebel Squads and 2 AT-RTs against Darth, 3 Squads, 2 Bike Squads and an AT-ST. It took us several hours as we kept referring back to the rule book, but I also struggled to quickly make decisions about activations and actions. Ultimately these things made the game more interesting than 40k, FoW, WM/H games I've played in the past so still satisfying, but I guess I need to work on that.
other thoughts:
Troops are good. I definitely feel like having so many helped. Wasn't sure I liked the movement rules for them at first, but now that I've tried it, it's great.
The limited arc on vehicles, particularly the AT-ST, made them feel less strong on the table than on paper. I did end up getting Luke in it's back and cutting it down but ignoring it feels like real option, too.
Agreed on Luke being great, I thought he seemed weaker on paper but was superb in practice. I also think Luke doesn't really 'need' any upgrades where Sabre Throw and probably Battle Reflexes are both mandatory for Darth. Honestly Sabre Throw should just have been built right into his card.
I'm not sure how to run bikes, but charging them in like knights errant is probably not it. I had blast grenades on all 6 squads.
Definitely looking forward to more troop types, really crossing my fingers they don't go any heavier with the vehicles than they already have.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Yeah, everything about him looks great. I was worried the command phase would just feel kind of bolted on and vestigial, but with some of these cards it feels very well integrated with the rest of the game. I also like how strongly some of these commanders are influencing the list building around them.

Putting an AT-AT on one of Veers' cards is a hell of tease though...

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your post, but Vader doesn't doesn't get suppression tokens. The mortar is still great against Luke though.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I think overall the Snowtroopers are better, (and they should be for a point more) but I expect people will miss the DLT often. I have to admit with 6 squads of Stormos already, I'm tempted to rationalize not picking up the Snows.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
It just occurred to me that the flame weapons aren't immune to deflection which kind of seems like an oversight.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Deviant posted:

Please explain to me how to deflect a flamethrower with a lightsaber, even allowing for StarWarsesque suspension of disbelief.

I think...that's my point?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Ugh, less than 24 hours since the Boba announcement and already two players in my local scene have declared him OP. The whining and moaning of the only people I have to play with are really killing my enthusiasm for the game.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Right, I'm not worried that there isn't an answer for him. Hell on paper he's got less ranged damage output than Han whose 20 points less. I'm just tired of the Sky is Falling stuff. At least see the stuff on the table first before you lose your mind right?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I believe that is the point.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Yeah, I'm trying to stop myself from buying six boxes of Snowtroopers for a Hoth themed list

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Re: the speeder, am I the only one who's annoyed about that gun being mounted directly in front of the driver instead of on the passenger side where it obviously belongs?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Were you unsatisfied with the response this post got in the death thread? It's coming off a little aggressive. Plenty of games have been successful w/o a pre-established universe attached. I think Legion's initiative cardplay and action system are interesting enough to make it stand out even if I have to admit that I'd ultimately rather play X-wing or Guildball.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
The game needs more corps options right now, not more operatives

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I don't just mean troops, I mean specifically Corps options. Currently we're required to take 3 of the most boring units in the game, and it sucks.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Well at least we know the game is popular

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
That could be one of his command cards, give K2 a ranged attack

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

banned from Starbucks posted:

I was thinking of getting back into legion with the droid faction. How are they? They seem cool and fun and dooku and greveous are good boys but I just know I'll spend hours on pumping out battle droid squads only to have Luke run up and obliterate all of them in a single round. I hope theyre not just worse stormtroopers.

I mean the B1s are 6 points each; They are worse Stormtroopers. I do think people might be jumping the gun on labeling the faction as a whole a swarm faction, though, as all of the other options we've seen so far are tougher and more expensive.

smug jeebus fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 10, 2019

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Not defending Asmodee, but hopefully the move to sprues makes missing parts less common. I won't be buying through eBay anymore though.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Are you sure? Clan Wren and Inferno Squad were also mentioned in earlier rumors alongside Padme, Cad, Arc Troopers and Commandos Droids which turned out to be true. Sure would be nice if the price was fake though.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I tried to get a second box through my FLGS and ended up buying it off Amazon. It seems like he gets one shot on release week to order FFG stuff and after that forget about it. Still hoping he can get the AAT for me.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Those are some good lookin' slave soldiers

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I would suggest just folding Legion back into the general Star Wars games thread. We might need a new one of those too.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

Last update had snowspeeders come down again (to 130 points), gave them surge->crit, and they get the harpoon for free now. I’ve been joking about running a list with 2 of them for a while now, but at that cost I may actually do it :v:

Don't forget that they can now opt to perform their compulsory move at the end of their activation.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
That's a great idea that I'm going to steal

Except I'm just gonna glue them down because gently caress magnets

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
If I didn't know otherwise, Kallus could be mistaken for a parody of SW design. Probably skipping that one. Lando getting multiple cape options is pretty great though.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

hoiyes posted:

Not if it's a closed transport. Eweb in the Occupier is pretty dope.
Have to admit I feel pretty stupid for not thinking of that

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I was gonna wait until January to see if Legion came back locally, but you guys are really making me feel like I should dump my Imps now

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I saw a lot of people asking for that on the FFG forums before they go dumpstered. This game may end up with more prequel content than OT.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

I was hoping for an Ewok box set for a long time just so I can field a proper Endor rebel force.
Can you keep that hope alive for two more years because they said this weekend that they're releasing Ewoks to coincide with the 40 year anniversary of RotJ

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Ugleb posted:

All of them.

Even the women? The children!?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

uncle blog posted:

Is there a summary somewhere of what was annoynced in the weekend? I tried looking st reddit, but people there are more concerned about painting figures than playing the game it seems. Heard Scum is getting its own faction?

https://thefifthtrooper.com/amg-ministravaganza-review/

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Nah, just get one Clone War core box and a box of MK2 clones to fill out your core requirements and then you can fill in with the Jedi and Mandos. I don't know if that's technically as effective as the six Mk1 clone army that three cores would get you but you'll have more fun.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
GAR doesn't have Mandos? My bad, would have sworn they did but it's been a while

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Y'know, you can paint them whatever color you like. Don't worry about resale value, this game's not popular enough for that.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I don't know what that is but it looks cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Can you run B2s as your only CoreCorps in skirmish successfully? I opted out of playing Separatists because it was looking like B1 (which I don't care for) swarm was the only viable option but my friends only want to play Skirmish anyway.

As an aside, one of the things I don't like about Legion is how many of each faction's most boring units have to be taken.

smug jeebus fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 1, 2022