Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Lum_ posted:

New Horizons already updated. AND patched the first update. I don't think they sleep. My excitement is bolded

I laughed way too hard at the Kelpian part. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Gyshall posted:

I have a pretty beastly machine (i7 @3.4, 64 GB ram, m2 ssd) and both on large and huge Galaxy sizes the ticks slow so bad end game that I'll probably never get to finish a game :smith:

I know what you mean. Last year I’ve replaced my then five years old high end PC with a current high end one. Stellaris‘ performance
was pretty much the same, slowing down to a crawl on bigger maps in the late game.

If that does speak for or against the optimization of Stellaris I do not know. :v:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
I seem to have the worst luck with end game crises. It’s not that they are too hard, but with what shows up. Before Apocalypse it was the outsiders all the time, never got the old AI one and now in 6+ games it is always the contingency. In two years and dozens of games I have seen the Praethoryns a grand total of two times. :psyduck:

Edit: Also no horizon signal whatsoever. I’m almost convinced the DLC never installed properly. :v:

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jun 27, 2018

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Okay, I am so tired of not having seen the worm yet. What’s the trick again? Having a science ship jumping back and forth between two black hole systems? These have to be unexplored, I presume?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Thanks! :tipshat:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Okay, ten out of ten games I get the contingency as end game crisis. So very tired of it.

I really want to continue playing ironman games, so modding is out of the question, right? Would save scumming work? At what point will the end game crisis be decided? Can I reload when I get the first end game pop up and eventually get a different one or is that decided way earlier?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Jazerus posted:

ironman is still functional, you just don't get achievements anymore

Okay, good. Thanks.

Kind of like getting the occasional achievement, though.

Hmm.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

NextSundayA.D. posted:

I save scummed out of the contingency to get the scourge for the queening achievement. It took more then one try but it worked.

All right, I will try that in my next game. Thanks!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Hey, it's me again, whining about how I only get the contingency as the end game crisis. 12 games in since apocalypse and only those AI fuckers show up. I stay far away from the materialist ethic, don't even research robots or sapient AI and even tried hard quitting and reloading two dozen times to get a different crisis to spawn, but no luck. Outside of modding the game (which I don't want to) or starting a new game with only spiritual AI empires and no fallen ones (because every time a robotic fallen one seem to spawn, making the contingency almost guaranteed, at least for me) I am out of ideas. So, this is me giving up the ghost (signal) and going on a Stellaris hiatus. :smith:

I really like the idea of the actions that take place before the crisis showing up influencing which one comes in at the end, but (at least for me) it only seems to lead to only one result. Clearly we need an end game crisis selection slider! Or an option to set it to a flat 33/33/33 chance. Wiz, plz! :tipshat:

Edit: On a positive note, after two years without the horizon signal showing up, the black hole trick has worked and now it seems to show up every single game. Which is cool. :v:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Ihmemies posted:

Wiz agreed today that end game crisis chances are hosed up:

"We already lowered these [contingency spawn chance modifier] weights once but obviously not enough. I made some major tweaks to lower them down to be more in line with the other crises (max of x6 multiplier)"

https://www.reddit.com/r/stellaris/comments/8z19qp/_/

So uh enjoy contingency till next patch I guess :)

gently caress yeah!!!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Is the contingency end game crisis probability fixed yet? Or does it still take place most of the time.

Also, does anybody know what the "1999 A.D." achievement is a reference to?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Psychotic Weasel posted:

The end game crisis is still a bit messed up but I have seen the others show up. Still very heavily stacked towards Contingency though.

Going to assume the 1999 A.D. achievement is in reference to Crono Trigger, since it involves something similar to how the world ends in that game.
- Aw, drat. :sad:

- That makes sense. Thanks! :tipshat:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Hi guys, I haven’t played in like three years. In the current meta, what would be a good setup for a puppet master race that uses vassals to grow in power?

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Dec 27, 2021

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Yami Fenrir posted:

Note that vassals generally aren't a good way to do anything because they aren't reliable, but...

There technically is a build I came up with that utilizes vassals very well. I call it the militaires sans frontières build.

Basically it's a military megacorp build that gets as many subsidiaries as possible to build the +10 fleet cap building on to have a massive fleet.

Don't know what that means yet, but I'll find out. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

darthbob88 posted:

I expect you know most of this already, but- Megacorporations can build branch offices on the planets of any empire they a) have a commercial pact with, b) are the overlord of, or c) are in a federation with. One of the buildings you can construct in a branch office is the Mercenary Liaison Office, which gives you +10 naval capacity per building. If you combine that with Naval Contractors and Franchising maybe, you can be extremely effective militarily and still have enough people willing to let you build branch offices on their planets.

Thanks. No, I did not know that. I had like 400 hours played in early 2019, but then did not touch the game again till now. I got like three (four?) full expansions to catch up on. Right now I am trying to figure out how the new planet management works and what to build where. :v: