Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:toot::toot:

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/966686652612653056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I had some mutants emerge from a bunker on a tomb world and they took over the planet. I sent some armies to invade and kill them but I can't land the transports. the tool tip says "planet must be colonized before armies can land." it is colonized, still has pops on it, no option to send a colony ship.

edit: they killed everybody and now I can recolonize. too bad so sad for the colonists I guess.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Eltoasto posted:

First time playing, figured I would wait till 2.0 and start. Is there anything that forces the AI to fight in a system? What I mean is, if I nab a chokepoint system and build it up as a fortress, is the AI compelled to fight in it, or can they just pass through and ignore it? With the defenses in the center at the star, I am worried they can just come in and gently caress up planets or move on while ignoring the defenses. Probably a noob question.

my understanding is that a starbase with an FTL inhibitor makes it so that the fleet can only return the way it came unless it kills the base.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Raiders are getting turned off next game. hey cool, go ahead and send a massive fleet which is impossible to stop given my tech progression, blow up a bunch of poo poo which I have to micro my construction ships to fix, and then a few years later come back to do it again. :fuckoff: tedious garbage.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
so some of my pops became psychic and the rest of them, most of the race, are now set to be "undesirables" and are being purged. and I can't change the species settings to make it so that this isn't happening. I can reload to a save before I did it, but I'm just curious as to what the hell is actually happening here.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
did they add this lil guy in this update or did I just miss it earlier.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I like that it's down to one movement system now but I do hope they speed up fleet movement.

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 1, 2018

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ms Adequate posted:

And this kind of story is why Stellaris really rocks and is only getting better :allears:

yeah, this kind of thing is what this game is for. good stuff.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Agean90 posted:

I once read a book with that concept. Mediocre as hell writing, but the part where the evil psychic space alien tried to read some dudes mind and suffered massive aneurysms because of how hateful he was was dope

I read some books way way back that this might have been taken from. basically most aliens find violence abhorrent, so they try to resolve conflicts through indirect means. and there's one mind controlling alien species that's trying to turn everyone into a hive mind and an alliance of aliens trying to stop them. then the alien alliance finds Earth and discovers that humans are extremely enthusiastically violent and highly resistant to the psychic alien mind control juju. this complicates the situation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Damned_Trilogy

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
intergalactic prosperity gospel! Space Benny Hinn gonna slap the devil out of those aliens.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
how long is an empire supposed to be able to last at 100% war exhaustion? I swear these assholes have been at 100 for like a decade plus and it just won't end. I'm not in charge of the war so I can't do it myself.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
so I went to war on behalf of my dumb Fed allies (I know) and we've had the hated enemy at 100% war exhaustion for like 20 years but it just won't end. I even sent my giant fleet over there to help them, nope, it doesn't end. isn't a war supposed to end after one side has been 100 for a certain amount of time?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
so are planetary invasions just broken now or is it a mod making mischief for me? I'm invading with overwhelming force and orbital bombing and the defensive armies regen faster than I can damage them.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

jokes posted:

That's a bug as old as time. Just keep a small fleet bombarding them forever, if I recall correctly it really fucks up their war exhaustion.

I just used the console to end it. get your poo poo together you dumb swedes.

edit: console switching empires and back again hosed up all my resource income. :discourse: keep up the good work.

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 15, 2019

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

turn off the TV posted:

complaining about console commands causing bugs is next level. powerful stuff.

:jerkbag:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Zurai posted:

"I used a debug command which is not intended to be used as part of the normal game experience and it caused unexpected things to happen! what a terribly-programmed game!"

because it wasn't working properly in the first place. :jerkbag:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I thought this was fixed in beta branch do you have that?

far as I can tell I'm on the most recent patch, possibly, likely that I am a dumbass and am not.

edit: lol, I didn't see the latest patch. gently caress me.

not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, it's just that I'm tired and slightly drunk and on certain occasions I have argued vehemently with Swedish people about certain important topics (pizza), which has in a certain sense prejudiced me. also I just started playing this again after a big gap and I never actually built a ringworld before, so having that rear end in a top hat war interrupt me was kind of annoying.

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 15, 2019

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Hryme posted:

Stellaris is the game that made me understand I am just a terrible consumer with no judgement at all. Every DLC release I was like "Hmm, maybe this one will make the game fun?". Then I bought it and 10 hours later shelved the game again with no real enjoyment. Why did I keep doing that? I have no clue.

feel empty, spend money, dopamine hit, hit fades, feel empty...

THANKS STEAM

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Splicer posted:

oh it's findom

i've been findommed by gabe newell, jesus loving christ.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'm going to be strong and good and i will not buy this new dlc. my will is my own!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
my curator scientist contacted the Shroud and became the Chosen One so now i never have to replace them. cool.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

bob dobbs is dead posted:

arent they always immortal when you first hire them

i honestly can't remember, this is the first time i've played in like a year.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nitrousoxide posted:

They do need to change it. Having such a hard cap on it makes peaceful builds significantly worse than warlike builds since your pop growth at the "soft" cap is basically 0 but warlike builds are completely unaffected since you're snatching up other empire's pops.

i hate fighting wars in this so my nice guy empire just sits there and builds tons of infrastructure that i can absolutely afford and it sits there for years unused. sucks. good that they are responding to crit.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
never really tried a devouring swarm before. already ate two alien species in the first 2 and a half decades. yummy.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
getting to the end of my first nemesis run where I borged half the galaxy before Becoming the Crisis and it's been a hoot. total romp outside of a few early wars with a xenophobic spiritualist empire who eventually became my first "acquisition." it's been fun though, ready to put it to bed so i'm about to End Things.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
what a grand and intoxicating innocence!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i generated a neat story with that one, i started off with humans borged by robots on an Earth relic world, it rolled cybrex as the precursor so i said "humanity made an AI to try and defeat the evil AI they were fighting but they lost the war and were almost destroyed. then the Earth AI took over what was left." so anyway the Earth robo-mind took over half the galaxy and then ascended to the next plane of existence, becoming as a God, killing all life as we know it in the process. them's the breaks.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Red Crown posted:

That's so cool. How does one Become The Crisis?

Speaking of crises: I loved my first game, just as I was getting a little bored at ~2400 the Unbidden rolled in. But wow, the AI really can't hack crises:

My federation consisted of half the galaxy, the other half was muderbots (:awesomelon:) and a couple of fallen empires. Two small civilizations (~3 systems left) in the heart of muderbot space joined my federation. No, really, they were around 15 jumps deep, surrounded on all sides. They then voted for a proactive war to end the murderbot menace, leading to their untimely robotic deaths...instantly.

it's the central feature of the last DLC they put out. you score crisis points by doing various nefarious things and as you raise the crisis level you gain access to more tools to let you subjugate the galaxy. by the time i was about to finish the crisis project the Unbidden showed up and i was like "this galaxy is not yours to conquer" and punched their extra-dimensional teeth out of their mouth over the course of like a year or two.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
is there a mod that adds a way to i dunno... wheel n deal with your Federation partners so they agree to vote someone into the fed? there's a next door neighbor of mine that would be a perfect addition but the other guy in the fed just won't sign off on it and if there's a way to tell why i don't know what it is. i thought maybe favors could do it but no.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

And Tyler Too! posted:

Open console, type "yesmen"

cool, i've spent enough time with this thing that i'm not above cheating and these dummies are getting in the way of my rock people alliance against the hated meat people. three lithoids right next to each other and we all hate these belligerent humanoids but someone just won't get on board with the project.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i uploaded the stored minds i found into new robot bodies and they decided to go make a new home for themselves. here's the new home they picked.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cheap Trick posted:

It is time for the Androsynth to kick humanity's rear end.

humanoid update better add devo energy dome cosmetics.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
my pacifist plant people who turn all their planets into tropical paradises on which they just want to grow lots of space potatoes were just elected Galactic Custodians. what a bunch of no-hopers.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
let the Carcinization begin! i know we already have a shrimp but how about a hermit crab.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
terraforming a planet into an ocean world by dropping several dozen comets on it. look out below!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

BBQ Dave posted:

OK so I whupped the Unbidden but I'm still 7k behind an ancient race. My only chance at victory is to go to war right?

have they Awakened yet? if they haven't they won't be able to rebuild any ships you destroy.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Serephina posted:

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure that FE's rebuild any lost fleets, its just that they won't grow into new ones nor expand their territory until awakened.

i could be wrong but they always seemed to remain reduced when i would beat on them.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
where is mai feesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Splicer posted:

I love bughunt deep dives. This is one of my favourites (not stellaris related):
https://mobile.twitter.com/_taylorswope/status/1205252714680045568

lmao

https://twitter.com/_taylorswope/status/1205252973611237376?s=20