Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Archonex posted:

That's exactly what i'm talking about, actually. I wanted to use the Star Trek mod since the potential for hilarious and interesting situations occurring over time is so much higher than the base game. The mod seems built for you to engage in hubris in entirely new ways thanks to there being so many race specific features. Especially when you factor in human players being manipulative/incompetent into the picture.

Seems like a neat idea to me, I can't wait for the Krenim to gently caress everything up and we end up with assimilated Changelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Can't wait for a mod that creates a second galaxy that you can only get to by L-gates

populated entirely by the prethoryn

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
If you really want to see Horizon Signal fire, find two Black Hole systems close to each other, and have a science ship move back and forth between them.

It'll fire. Eventually.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
You can't stop me, I have carriers in every fleet because they look really cool!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

IAmTheRad posted:

With the slave market, can we buy slaves and free them?

Quick way to fill up the population on our planets I guess.

Dev diary said you could.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Pirates should be able to grow, but break apart when their leader dies Great Khan style. Like, thr core systems will remain pirates, but the outer systems shatter into splinter pirate gangs, a democracy or two, that kind of thing.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Probably a civil war breaking out for one reason or another, thats usually how one system minors pop up in my games.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Time for a political marriage between the spider-people of Spideron 5 and the...Space Habsburgs!?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Let us put Bubbles on the council. They are wise beyond their years and also won't die of old age.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Yeah, the usual bottleneck is poo poo like the rare reaources and the all-mighty influence.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Horace Kinch posted:

Imo this expansion gives a greater incentive to play Lithoids since they get innate +lifespan. If you lean into levelcap and negative trait reduction you get a ton of value from your leaders.

Finally, a use for my nigh-immortal lithoid necrophages. Sure, it meant that I didn't need to swap out my scientists 90% of the time over an entire game, but also...that was pretty much all they did, really.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Eh, the asteroids aren't that annoying. Besides, I have a pile of one-ship fleets from all the free ships some events like to give you that I can't just add to another fleet to make it easier to handle them. They can be on asteroid duty while the swarms of hundreds of ships handle the rest of the galaxy.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
There was an entire mod based around being able to have multi-empire systems, with you starting out with two other empires in the same system vying for power.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Yeah, I've been religiously playing this game for years now, and Astral Planes is the first DLC I'm even thinking about skipping. I just don't want to have to deal with MORE scientist-based busywork for a pile of new mana I'm going to forget exists in a minute or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Virtual Ascension, AKA: play tall or we break your kneecaps.

Also absolutely love the new ship designs.