Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Since the NRA starting position is "Keep all our murder binkys and also make every teacher have one too" I counter-propose It's too late for buybacks - you can turn them in and pay a fine for having owned them or you can eat LWOP when we find you with them later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Go read the first reply in this thread lol

Suggesting this was ever a good thread is the baddest faith argument.

Hey thanks, I worked hard to make sure the proper tone was set for *fart*

In this hour of tragedy, we must concentrate on what really matters: The fate of the poor gonne used in texas today.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Judakel posted:

I remember posting Ban Guns in GBS and someone telling me it wouldn't happen in our lifetime. Lol. Young people are going to be so turned off by guns that whining about how people don't know the difference between a semi and fully automatic weapon won't stop anything.

I know this one! The difference between a semi and a fully automatic weapon is a 5 minutes polishing the mechanism with a q-tip. Or maybe they got a spring installed crooked and it tends to brrrt all the bullets downrange at once. Or they bought a BATF legal "paperweight" (Google that one yourself, I'm not linking it) for $85, filed off the casting marks and dropped it in their AR, making it an illegal full-auto with no NFA registration.

I'm picking on glock here because glocks are notorious for "accidentally" going fullauto over the most minor issues.

Here's a fun passtime: read gunhumper forums for how many times "good guy with gun" does something insanely stupid. My favorite is the cop who dropped his service weapon, made a drunken grab for it by the trigger, and blew a hole in the arm of an 18 month old downstairs. He claimed he "dropped it and it went off", of course, but they always leave out that "tried to catch it" part. 5 posts later a guy defends glock by saying "Yeah, I left a loaded gun in my overnight bag when at a friends house, forgot it was there and threw it hard enough it took a chunk out of the floor. It didn't go off though :downs:"

The best people, who should absolutely be allowed to own whatever killing machines their heart desires.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

banned from Starbucks posted:

The Left: Cops are dumb, worthless, lazy and bad at their job. gently caress cops

also the Left: lol why do you need a gun just like call the cops or something
"I'm not bright enough to hold more than one thought in my head at once, so neither is anyone else!"

• Locked thread