Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Oh actually it's just the libs reclaiming One Nation votes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Anidav posted:

Oh actually it's just the libs reclaiming One Nation votes

yeah, if you check that twitter ON lost votes everywhere except WA. also this stood out

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/980448287806259205

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

QUEENSLAND STONG

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Visidan posted:

yeah, if you check that twitter ON lost votes everywhere except WA. also this stood out

What a fizzer you were Nick

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-02/senator-jordon-steele-john-disability-access-parliament-house/9587308

Why isn't Parliament House wheelchair-friendly?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Accessibility demand happened under Howard

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Thanks for your advice and condolences auspol friends, it's really appreciated.

I don't remember posting that last post, but it was a massive day all around.

Tasmantor posted:

Better get out of the thread! :rimshot:

:lol:

Visidan posted:

How does something like this translate to having kicked ALP out at a state level? How bizarre.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Buyer's remorse?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Dude McAwesome posted:

How does something like this translate to having kicked ALP out at a state level? How bizarre.

Jerrymandering the boundaries?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dude McAwesome posted:

The ALP essentially lost because of the redistribution, not because they were massively unpopular; if it had been on previous boundaries they'd have retained government.

Also people have dumb views about balancing out state and federal parties.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
JBP strikes again

quote:

The clean-up of thousands of day-old chicks is under way at Burley Griffin Way near Yass after a truck crashed down an embankment in the early hours of Monday morning.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-02/port-kembla-coal-terminal-wins-bid-to-scrap-workplace-agreement/9610306

quote:

The Port Kembla Coal Terminal, in the Illawarra region south of Sydney, has won a bid to terminate an agreement with workers that it argued was making it uncompetitive.
The Fair Work Commission on Thursday gave the green light to scrap the agreement, but the decision will not take effect until March 29.
It followed a bitter industrial dispute in which workers were locked out of the terminal for the first time in its history.
Terminal management said the conditions in the existing agreement were excessively generous, with an average wage of $130,000, 22 per cent superannuation and 100 paid sick days a year.
It said exporting coal out of Port Kembla was up to 300 per cent more expensive than competing ports such as Newcastle.
Documents leaked to the ABC showed the company had considered a "contentious" restructure that would result in the loss of up to a third of the workforce.
The CFMEU says the company's not been negotiating in good faith and has been locking out workers when ships come in

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Someone make the April thread already

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

This is the april thread now :getin:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Other posted:

Someone make the April thread already

It's a public holiday Elon

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

public holidays have been cancelled, instead i offer you a roller coaster and pizza, except you must eat the pizza while riding the coaster

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

bandaid.friend posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-02/port-kembla-coal-terminal-wins-bid-to-scrap-workplace-agreement/9610306

The CFMEU says the company's not been negotiating in good faith and has been locking out workers when ships come in

if the conditions are so generous why did management agree to the EBA in the first place? what’s the point in an “agreement” if it can be unilaterally annulled for being too good for the lowly workers?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BBJoey posted:

if the conditions are so generous why did management agree to the EBA in the first place? what’s the point in an “agreement” if it can be unilaterally annulled for being too good for the lowly workers?

They didn't agree this time around. I think the company claims were rolling things back. The union probably had a strategy to move to protected action then the company decided to go nuclear and kept doing lockouts to force arbitration on the agreement.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

bell jar posted:

This is the april thread now :getin:

Only if you’re gonna pay double time, boss.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

JBP posted:

This is the sharing economy. Writing the next thread should be someone's side gig.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Who the gently caress would waste even one bomb let alone two on loving Ipswich Jesus Christ

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Put up an Airtasker request

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Who the gently caress would waste even one bomb let alone two on loving Ipswich Jesus Christ

It was Redbank, so I could only imagine the place would be improved by a few detonations

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Auspol April: no scabs

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

trying to spruce the place up?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

G-Spot Run posted:

Auspol April: no scrubs

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

quote:

“All you lefties need to get lost it’s all abit (sic) of fun,” the former Kincumber High School pupil wrote in response to the criticism.

"former high school pupil" :laffo:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Even better

quote:

“I’m the least racist person ever you can get f**ked.”

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Heazlett Park was left littered with bottle tops and a container of brown paint on Saturday morning, a witness said.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Larissa Waters has, to no-one's great surprise, been selected as lead candidate for the next senate election. She ended up with 94% of the 2-candidate preferred vote, leaving Ben Pennings sitting at second place and Navdeep Singh in number three.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

thatbastardken posted:

Larissa Waters has, to no-one's great surprise, been selected as lead candidate for the next senate election. She ended up with 94% of the 2-candidate preferred vote, leaving Ben Pennings sitting at second place and Navdeep Singh in number three.

Good

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

bandaid.friend posted:

Unions are cool and all but 100 sick days a year seems excessive.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It was a win win anyway because Ben was equally as cool.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Laserface posted:

Unions are cool and all but 100 sick days a year seems excessive.

That's probably just a sneaky way for the company to say their super includes income protection insurance and the EBA reflects this. The other option is there was a genuine 100 day sick entitlement but you had to have documentation about the cancer you've got and the relevant cancer treatment.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I might read the agreement in detail this morning and didn't see totals for leave but you can't take more than 5 days without a certificate so there's that for starters.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I wonder how those sick days are structured, gonna bet that this is a gross oversimplification a la the MFB EBA poo poo going on in Vic where you only qualify for the full 93 days if you're almost dead but you have Libs champing at the bit about how lazy the working class are. Try hauling coal onto ships for your entire job and see how healthy you are

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Too busy faking believing in Jesus to grant firies some sick leave Mister Speaker

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bell jar posted:

I wonder how those sick days are structured, gonna bet that this is a gross oversimplification a la the MFB EBA poo poo going on in Vic where you only qualify for the full 93 days if you're almost dead but you have Libs champing at the bit about how lazy the working class are. Try hauling coal onto ships for your entire job and see how healthy you are

They get ten days sick leave, it's the same lie. The rates aren't that different to national circumstances. The company terminated the agreement to beat up new staff and get cheaper workers. They were obviously capitalised enough to withstand their own efforts to destroy the union via lengthy lockouts so yeah, cool beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

That "average wage" is the highest grading on the EBA.

• Locked thread