Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

NewMars posted:

So if the donut king abdicates, who takes the throne?

the fresh prince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Hillary couldn’t even enunciate what her policies were in a debate she literally told people to go to her website to see them instead of telling the tens of millions of people watching live

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

Gotta get the likes shares and subscribes mate

Leave a comment on my webzone and I’ll send you a pizza roll

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:madmax:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Endman posted:

Sure did. Oh well.

do better

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
barnabus needs a better media advisor

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
vic is incredibly left with its michael danbys and its blair cottrells

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Dimebag posted:

Oh ok.

Just to ignite the worst state conversation again. Let's build some rail into heavily used choke points for the reason of shuttling the workers into the second airport. St Mary's and Campbeltown, like what the actual gently caress?

This was flagged last year in the Greater Sydney Commission* plan. The idea of a north-south line is sound, and Sydney needs more links on a north-south axis outside of the CBD.

That new metro line though is fibre-to-the-node for public transport. It’s slated to stop at Marsden Park, some 13kms from Richmond where the existing heavy rail terminus and RAAF/horses are.

I wrote a thing about the plan, the parts about anywhere west of Parramatta read like they were written by people who have never been there.

*the worst GSC

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
DID BARNABY NUT?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Daisy doesn’t deserve Caleb imo

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

I work with super hard left women

I don’t think you can count Kitching

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

Can’t wait for Dutton to dump Turnbull and win in a landslide after every nsw, qld, and wa electorate votes potato 1

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
vaporwave or gtfo

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Endman posted:

If you’re not anti-capitalist your feminism is worthless imho

Endman join the YPG

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Endman posted:

I’m interested to hear how the plans for the refugee-populated garbage-city are coming along.

Sydney doesn’t really do plans

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
replace all pokies with those machines you put 20c in to win expired chocolate

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Joyce couldn't force a spill now though, clearly?

give it time

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/ghostwhovotes/status/970624039596179456?s=21

hahaha

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
love 2 get my business advice from toddlers with a hobby

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Endman posted:

Nothing makes auspol madder than the internet being unreliable lmao

actually you’re posts

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Endman posted:

Warren Mundine represents a great victory for equality in Australia.

Finally, indigenous kids can know that being an idiot isn't exclusively for white people.

HIRE👏MORE👏WOMEN👏GUARDS👏

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Lid posted:

Someone keeps leaking to the Australian

is it you?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
nationalise the waste

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
barnababy possibly a canababy

journalism rules

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

omg

Does this mean Barnaby has been cucked?

canavanutted

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Cartoon posted:

Are we accepting of Truecrimesweekly as benchmark journalism these days?

It has to be true, it says so right there in the name!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
does canababy get dual citizenship?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GoldStandardConure posted:

won four academy awards this year

:emptyquote:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Doctor Spaceman posted:

https://twitter.com/dkrolph/status/971303220176982018

:toot:

Birdstrike and other law stylists might enjoy the judgment.

looking forward to him going on Q&A about this

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
it’s not illegal you’re just not supposed to use work capital for personal enrichment, like most workplaces

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Cartoon posted:

As commonwealth employees it is explicitly a crime under the Crimes Act 1914 (Part 6).

Disclosure of information by Commonwealth officers?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

bandaid.friend posted:

What are the ages of legality. Has someone legislated an upper limit on doing it.

(Younger person’s age x 2) - 14

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

nice

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hooman posted:

You know what else comes in books?

Barnaby

he don’t know what else to do with them

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm thinking of starting a single issue Xenophon type party to just run in the senate called the jbp make a good post party and just loving block and poo poo on everything until it happens.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Rupert is fine. I mean the blood transfusion was a success and the only side effect is my sudden urge to write articles about immigration.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Small town rallies after asylum seeker family carried off in dawn raid

Graun posted:

The day after Priya’s visa expired, she, her husband and daughters were woken at 5am and forcibly taken 1,500km away

Abolish ICE.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

Did anidav not copy the whole article? That poo poo is extremely benign. All is says is that growth is beyond predictions, immigration pushes growth up hard when added to births and there have been mistakes in accommodating huge growth by government.

ergo all my problems are caused by immigrants

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

This is presumptive and when you start being presumptive you are editorialising. Immigration and the resultant growth puts stress on services in cities. Maybe they should state that most immigrants are white (I presume that's still a fact) but outside of that what do you want?

The piece is couched in a conservative mindset that the status quo is something we should maintain, and that to do this immigration needs to be reduced/stopped. For example in respect of population growth (read: immigration) the author says

quote:

It is going to mean big changes. We will all need to make choices, trade-offs, and compromises.

The “article” to some extent acknowledges the problems created by a failure to build appropriate infrastructure, but focusing on the population pressures invites the less-informed reader to believe that cutting immigration would fix everything.

You could easily write a piece highlighting the failure of governments of both parties and at all levels to plan and build infrastructure without making population growth (which is caused by immigration, remember) the central point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The previous Lib MP for Lindsay said in 2013 that refugees cause traffic congestion and now the ABC is presenting the dog-whistle as serious journalism.

• Locked thread