Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
just haul some space weed to a funny named place and cash in. listen to podcasts while you do it. maybe go exploring and find some cool worlds

there's guns and stuff but idk why you'd bother with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koishi Komeiji

What's the deal with all these games where the title is just a mish-mash of buzzwords: Elite: Dangerous, Horizon Zero Dawn, Kingdom Come deliverance, Steam world dig. Let me know when Ultimate Shadow Retribution comes out am I right guys?

Koishi Komeiji

Thank you for reading my impression of if Jerry Seinfeld was a gamer. I love you :wink:

Farecoal

There he go
what's the deal with spaceship food

vanisher

"Elite Dangerous has some boring stretches..." -IGN

More like chill stretches IGN

Manifisto

Adjective: Different Adjective is my current favorite

ty nesamdoom!

Macnult

Not to be confused with Dregs: Safe, which is a very unchill game

Macnult

Trying to use a star's energy to refuel my spacecraft in Dregs: Safe but the ship's interface keeps beeping "fukc u!!" and is telling me to uninstall

Macnult

Using a star's energy to refuel my spacecraft in Elite: Dangerous - "Sup dude. Livin' that space truckin' life? Hahah nice. You're getting a bit warm there but you got this. Three jumps left? Hell yeah dude the home stretch. Love you bro"

Silver Alicorn

hell yeah dude

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
I've played this on Xbox and can confirm that being a space trucker is probably the chillest game I've ever played. Pack a bowl, throw on a Hawkwind album, and set course for the sun in your intergalactic delivery van.

krampster2

the vastness of space scares me, like the deep ocean. imagine swimming on the surface of the ocean above a real deep bit, and seeing some big shadow come from below. it gives me the heebie jeebies op! next your gonna tell me to play subnautica. no thank you!

Silver Alicorn

Jedrick posted:

I've played this on Xbox and can confirm that being a space trucker is probably the chillest game I've ever played. Pack a bowl, throw on a Hawkwind album, and set course for the sun in your intergalactic delivery van.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zuEfmmCA5s

:c00l: :okpos: :2bong:

Silver Alicorn

krampster2 posted:

the vastness of space scares me, like the deep ocean. imagine swimming on the surface of the ocean above a real deep bit, and seeing some big shadow come from below. it gives me the heebie jeebies op! next your gonna tell me to play subnautica. no thank you!

Don't worry. There's a thin glass canopy protecting you. And if the canopy breaches your emergency suit can sustain you for up to fifteen minutes.

joke_explainer

Silver Alicorn posted:

Don't worry. There's a thin glass canopy protecting you. And if the canopy breaches your emergency suit can sustain you for up to fifteen minutes.

I remember the first time my canopy exploded, didn’t even know that was possible without the ship blowing up. Pretty crazy

Silver Alicorn

it's definitely an exciting moment and not very chill

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
crashing into suns is a surprising common hazard, given the enormous voids involved

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
:agreed: OP

Ice mining is the chillest of the chill.

Silver Alicorn posted:

25 with an A rated life support, which you can extend with Nickel and Iron. A few of my fighting ships are rigged to shut off life support the instant I pop hardpoints.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
is shaq in this game?

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

HUSKY DILF posted:

is shaq in this game?

he's the player character.

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I started playing Space: Trucker on ps4 and it is indeed chill

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Thank you for reading my impression of if Jerry Seinfeld was a gamer. I love you :wink:

It was a good post and I'm going to make a thread in GBS about this very topic. I will give you executive producer credit.

https://i.imgur.com/8cIhFxN.mp4

Sig by Literally A Person

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
If you didn't smoke a fat space hooter before and/or during your space piloting, then you're doing it wrong.

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
onionhead biyatch

----------------

Lima

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHOrpFeXUao

:cabot:

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
still so chill

if anyone gets lonely i found some very chill PwP player groups

http://www.fuelrats.com

they will save you, your cargo, your data, and your insurance credits when you mis-plot a route through a non-fuel star system, or just plain forget your fuel scoop when refitting a ship. soon i can say "we will save you", have to satisfactorily complete some drills before joining the mischief :)

http://www.huttonorbital.com (Hutton Orbital Trucker's Co-Op)

PwP group with occasional pew-pew community tasks/goals, a teamspeak, a twitter, a discord, a private group on every platform, and a radio station to listen to while you spend 1.5 hrs/.22Ly cruising out to the Hutton Orbital station #forthemug

http://www.buckyballracing.org.uk

like a Cannonball Run or Gumball Rally in space, they run regular race events of different types. they're mostly time trials with a set number of days to complete them and re-do them for better times, so you can attempt these when you wnat/ have time. they have had some surface rover rallies too. looks like they use the frontier forums (aka the brown place) to organize, sign up, and turn in screenshots.

if anyone wants a space buddy on ps4: malakai713

Silver Alicorn

I've been chilling out w/ this game all weekend :byob1:

Garrand

Rhino, you did this to me!

It's a shame there's no cross platform play. I've got it on PC and have been thinking about installing it again and just chilling out in space.

----------------

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Garrand posted:

It's a shame there's no cross platform play. I've got it on PC and have been thinking about installing it again and just chilling out in space.

woah i saw you in ratchat, hi

e: or maybe not, one letter off

anyways, yeah, i'm on PS4

Silver Alicorn

yo I’m gonna play elite on my P S 4 tonight

Chrs

I’m interested in this game but I hear it’s hard to learn how to play?

Elusif

It hurts my brain in VR.

Silver Alicorn

Chrs Gry posted:

only if you think you have to play it the same way some other people do

or you could just do your own thing. the only limit is yourself

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
i am on the ps4 machin

i don't shoot at players

lets all make a squadron so we can have a byob carrier ship in Q04

be my fren: malakai713

a big fat bunny

woo look at 'em gonk

Silver Alicorn posted:

only if you think you have to play it the same way some other people do

or you could just do your own thing. the only limit is yourself

do what you enjoy doing until you don't want to do it no more is pretty much the way to play the game. unless you want "meaningful" pvp then it's the path of broke brains and people getting Very Angry about Elite: Dangerous: Horizons: Beyond not respecting their time

Chrs Gry posted:

y'all like flying spaceships? can your keep expectations in check about how good/bad things beyond ship flying might be? :getin: (when you can grab it on sale) it definitely takes some effort, but it's something that eases up nicely as you get used to your space boat of choice

Silver Alicorn

I made my boyfriend land my anaconda once and he almost poo poo his pants

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
1) take on passengers
2) forget to log in for four months
3) log in to mass of complaints from passengers
4) intentionally crash into planet to instantly appear in home station

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
kalel

I want to play video games in space. Frontier, please add little arcade games to the UI so I can distract myself while trucking. Tia

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
elite is too chill

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs

this thread convinced me so I ordered the PS4 version off Amazon

• Locked thread