Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

When did pubs change to pugs? I've been seeing it a lot recently, but it's supposed to be the same thing, right? Has it happened, am I an old, alienated from his younger peers through an insurmountable linguistic barrier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mr. Pickles posted:

pugs are more of a new age wow thing. when you join raid groups with random people through the group finder, and not with your guild, these are called pug groups/raids

dscruffy1 posted:

Pubs are pubbies, pugs are pick-up-games. They're using kinda interchangeably here.

Thank you, it's funny how this kind of stuff can sneak on someone.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The Myth of Orpheus is a lie. Do look back.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

She did drop out of school to dance, so she's probably in better shape than the average wizard.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I wonder if they will eventually add something similar to Contracts in 1, or at least make Heroic Deeds much more likely to drop cosmetics.

And yeah, the staying power of the game for you depends on how much you like the core gameplay and how playing different characters mixes that up, Mendrian comparing it to fighting games is pretty on point. That said, 50 hours is a great amount of time, I think only like 10 of my games on Steam (out of like ~350) are past that.

But hey, next month will have a new map DLC, and if it's anything like VT1 only the host needs to own it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Skypie posted:

Malekith spends a million years waging a civil war and then murders some kings and says "actually they were cheating, I'm the real king" and half the high elves say "oh ok sounds good"

And Tyrion is going :psyduck:

Given everything Malekith did, the High Elves accepting him as a leader is on the level of Israel electing literally Adolf Hitler for their president.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Phlegmish posted:

And the northlanders all worship chaos simply due to the corrupting influence of the chaos portal (?), which is also in the north?

I'm having a hard time imagining just what their societies must be like.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ignite Memories posted:

All of them are terrible, please give us more hats and specifically let me wear a wreath of flowers again

I think a lot of them are just not enabled yet. I remember seeing some hats that are not in the game in the launch trailer (like Pirate Slayer or Knight of the Burning Sun Sir Kruber), also the frames. I wonder if it's another :fatshark: or stuff that's coming with DLC down the line.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 2, 2018

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Digirat posted:

This is cool:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/552500/announcements/detail/3276808089037976181

seriously though, I want to know how many total kills, or at least how many digits it is

Maybe we could put it as an average of 150 rats per loot chest (essentially a run), so on the order of 4,777,950,000 dead rats, world is a gently caress. It is probably flawed because this methodology does not account for commendation chests, which have their own pace, but at least a billion, I am sure.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Oh, so you're in the secret beta with the Chaos Dwarf class.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

NightshadeGenitals posted:

I was wondering which character/career combo would be most conducive to me finding a girlfriend through the game? Currently my review is Not Recommended until I get a date.

Saltzpyre and then roleplay as Gomez Addams with whoever is playing Fire Grandma, even if they're a dude, specially if they're a dude.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

RBA Starblade posted:

Does anyone have those group pictures someone photoshopped of a "realistic" Vermintide? Can't think of a better way to describe it but the one with them surrounded by regular rear end rats poorly cropped in

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Add an alcoholism DLC campaign already, Fatshark.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

So, getting back into VT2 (haven't played since the release semester) because some homies got it during today's skull sales. What are the goon takes on the DLCs? What's good, bad or ugly? I see Winds of Magic is pretty negative.

I am specially curious about the careers because the store pages don't really tell much other than name dropping stuff.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Okay, I am sold on Engineer, which is pretty handy since Bardin was my main back when I used to play. Is the Forgotten Relics pack worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kokoro Wish posted:

I wish they'd put out a cut down install of the game that only plays the Chaos Wastes, because I cannot justify the size of the base game's install when that's all I want to play, dammit.

100% this

Also I don't play VT2 enough to keep 100G+ on my HD for it.