Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

iospace posted:

I have no clue what I'm going to watch this season.

Maybe catch up on some old stuff.
Same here. The only thing I'm actually looking forward to watching is Golden Kamuy and, if it turns out good, Persona 5. I might, just for stupid nostalgia's sake, watch Captain Tsubasa, especially if David Pro does a tight job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Phew! Finally caught up with this thread.

Fangz posted:

Nah.

It (as in the general reaction online) might get some lovely people fired though.
I'm honestly surprised how Yamakan keeps getting work despite being absolute scum. gently caress him.

Expect My Mom posted:

having large amounts of wealth is inherently unethical and we should murder rich people imo
Saving for retirement is awesome. I want to retire when I'm 50 and travel the world again. :colbert:

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Eagerly awaiting Sunrise mining it's well of old shows from the 90's to bring back like...

Sabre Marionette
I know you kid, but seriously, don't give people ideas.

dogsicle posted:

let the 90s die
Wholeheartedly agree. I enjoyed growing up in the 90's, but I don't idealize any part of it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

I mean Yamakan hasnt had work since 2014. He's working on a film but he's been working on it for two years with nothing to show for it, the studio exists solely to make the film, the staff are just his friends, and it shoehorned in natural disasters and japanese history in order to get government funding. Dude isn't exactly living the high life.
I swear (I may have mis-remembered) I read somewhere that he was working on something like Wake Up, Girls! yet again and I was like "Dude, no". Oh well.

Eela6 posted:

The 90s were a really good time for California's music.

Specifically, in 1992, three of my favorite artists had their debut studio albums

Sleep: Holy Mountain
Dr. Dre: The Chronic
Pavement: Slanted and Enchanted

I can't let that die.
DROP OUT OF LIFE WITH BONG IN HAND
Follow the smoke towards the riff-filled land :rock:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

the guy literally exploded at the cast of the last wake up girls season for lightly making fun of him and not having him as director
Yeah, I remember this.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Motto posted:

He also did several blog posts of basically your typical male celeb #MeToo hot take
Read those, too! Was a little concerned when a couple of friends mentioned him in a conversation but the way one of them did it was like "Man, I'm so glad I dodged that bullet of working with the guy".

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eela6 posted:

Guess I'm listening to all of Dopesmoker again today.

:rock:PROCEEDS THE WEEDIAN:rock:
:rock:NAZARETH:rock:

As good a time as any! :black101:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

VostokProgram posted:

its always the 90s in some reference frame
I don't see the puffy wardrobe anymore, unfortunately. :(

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sindai posted:

I just realized I never watched the original FLCL in Japanese so Haruko's voice sounds completely wrong and it's very distracting.
And now she's gonna have two different voice actresses.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chiasaur11 posted:

Eh?

I'm pretty sure they got Mayumi Shintani back for the new one. I miss something?
For Progressive they got Megumi MOTHERFUCKING Hayashibara to voice Haruko.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, isn't that interesting.

Finally did some digging, and Megumi Hayashibara's playing "Haruha Raharu", which was the alias that Haruko apparently used when dealing with Amarao. And if there wasn't a VA switchup when Mayumi Shintani is coming back for the other one, that would barely draw a huh. But in context...

I'm not sure they're the same Haruko. I mean, I would not put it past Haruko to do some identity theft in pursuit of ultimate power.
Well, how 'bout that. :crossarms:

I think the guys from Production I.G might be up to snuff, then. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, not entirely anime-related but this is Eela's fault!

Just kidding. loving love this record. This is the third time I buy it. :rock:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

anyone in this thread smoke weed

e: lol thought we were in the chat thread
On occasion. Not too often because with me, one of the unfortunate side effects of certain types of weed is that they make me hella hungry. Like, eat 2 delicious, family-sized pizzas by my lonesome hungry.

Space Flower posted:

i expected more when you asked for "the eternally 17 idol's name"
Oi Oi!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DisDisDis posted:

What kind of messed up thing did Cant expect from me and what does that say about his opinion of me as a person

Narrator: "Oh boy..."

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is that Mister Dynamite?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

it's die hard, otherwise known as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBpni6coBFk

i wanna try weed but first i have to get on the path to getting myself boobs

also lmao i forgot this is season chat and not chat thread. when the new flcl is over please give thoguhts cause i'm kinda interested if people end up saying it goes anywhere good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iZO2Cga4R0

:dance:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

At this point I only care about the Fist Yakuza game getting localised
We all want to get our funk on, buddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1uNUhIgC2g

:dance:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

the different mission types on display implies that there will be a variety to the action at least. So it's not going to make the mistake that Build Fighters Try did

Is that Patrick motherfucking Colasour?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Lupin III Part 5, along with being an explicit sequel to Part 4, also establishes Parts 2, 3, and Castle of Cagliostro (and assuming with that, Part 1) as canon.

I noticed we don't have a thread yet, so I'll probably make one after the episode's done if there's not already a general Lupin thread.
Wasn't it called Lupin the Thread? Or did I imagine that? :confused:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DisDisDis posted:

How does this change the metaphor of the male phallus in the space foreverwar
It does not. :unsmigghh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0uQhIfrgs

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think so, Dis.

I appreciate it, nonetheless. :blush:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Was that Megumi Hayashibara as Tsubasa's mom? :dance:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AnacondaHL posted:

This is the most shallow thing I've said in many years, but I can't support Tada-kun because the blondie's straight bangs haircut is just awful. Like no one in the history of the world has ever looked good with bangs like that, why.
If you mean Kaoru, I think it shouldn't be too hard to find photographic evidence of Mamoru Miyano (Kaoru's VA) rocking a similar hairdo to much success. Then again, when you're that good-looking, you could probably rock a bald head and still look hella handsome.

If you mean Teresa, I also have bad news:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

kater posted:

Was Amanchu the show where they go riding on a train and see pretty flowers out the window?

Anyways it owns either way. Wish it was a taaaaaaaaaaad less talky, then it could maybe rival Yurucamp.
YEP! Pikari is like endorphine personified and I dig her. Also MUPPET FACES! :dance:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's kind of weird how bad Madoka clones seem like they all go turbo-violent and hosed up when Madoka itself really didn't have all that much physical violence in it. And even a good chunk of what violence it did have was framed pretty indirectly.
It's because Shinbo knows what's up. I mean, when he tries.

AnacondaHL posted:

this is all proving my point: that straight bang style is terrible and can be improved by doing anything else.

:colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any trashy but good/fun show this season or continuing from Winter?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Neeksy posted:

New season of Earth Defense Club.
The cute magical boys directed by the Gintama Supervising Director?

kater posted:

I wouldn't call Grancrest Senki trashy so much as a genre show that doesn't apologize for its genre's stupidity, but it is very good/fun and is continuing. Also it is quite trashy.
Yeah, I'm following this. Theo and Siluca are cute. :3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Crain posted:

Need to decide if I wanna spend my lunch hour watching Golden Kamui or wait till I get home.
What are you feelings regarding violence against bears?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Viridiant posted:

This is a crime. Is this story for or against bears?
Bears give no fucks about sides. Bears want to eat, poo poo and sleep.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress the haters, Immortal/Ainu/White Wolf vs Bear was pretty darn :black101:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Knorth posted:

What are you doing you crazy spider :3:
https://files.catbox.moe/neoi97.webm
What's this from? After Rachnera, I'm coming around spider-girls. :3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is it weird that, even when I've yet to see the show / read the manga, I'm already imagining Miyuki Sawashiro's voice just from watching the OP and loving it? :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Blhue posted:

thats a box of rocks

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You can talk a lot about Katanagatari, too: After all, everyone talks and talks and talks in the series proper, so it's only fair.

Cheerio!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Shh let them get hooked and then reveal that there's a season two later.
Forget it, he's rolling.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fangz posted:

is there some anime person lurking in this thread because goblin slayer anime just got announced
Yup. They announced that the anime was reprising all the Voice Actors from the Drama CD's early 2018 and the first trailer came out in March.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Let's see some Monogatari numbers and then we'll talk.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My one regret is that as a Mexico-living dude, I can't get any cool gachas/mobages aside from like FE:Heroes without loving up my cellphone something fierce or getting a lovely VPN I'm never using for anything else.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

So is the new LOGH an adequate take on the story?
Bearly

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
No Dusty, though. :cry:

I know, he ain't in the novels. Still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

he absent from the OVA for like fifteen episodes after the PKC stuff too, dude seems kinda inconsequential in what I've seen of the old version so far
Dang. ice cold

• Locked thread