Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
They're called "crib breaks" or something stupid.

It's where the few seconds of peace in between customers count as your 'break' so the company doesn't actually have to provide staff overlap or any other means to ensure you actually have a "break" in anything other than name.

EDIT: According to SDA's own site:

quote:

Employers may not:

deny employees their breaks because there are not enough staff;
require an employee to work through their break;
require an employee who has gone off on their break to come back to work; or
reduce the length of an employee’s break to a period less than provided for in the Enterprise Agreement or Award.

However, the SDA also acknowledges that your specific award can completely ignore all of that if, for example, you union is a bunch of loving hacks more interested in political manoeuvring and homophobia than representing the needs of their members.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zenithe posted:

Yeah, EBA calls it a crib break. Instead of an unpaid break, you get a paid 20 minute break where you "must maintain customer service" i.e. not a break. And now we apparently can't check our phones during it.

Go to the toilet, bring your phone with you.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I put myself through uni working lovely retail jobs - including at a bunch of different servos. I see absolutely nothing has changed in the quarter of a century since then.

I think I got taking a poo poo down to just over a minute because shutting the store made the owner freak when he watched the night shift tapes the next day.

In those days they even tried to take drive offs out of your wages. I'd say those days are gone, but given what's come out of 7/11s in the past few years, I doubt it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Lid posted:

This is the worst Iron Fist yet.

No, it's still the Netflix one.

It was offensively bad and stupid.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Pinball Jizzard posted:

For the system to really work on a large scale, it’s likely that you’d need to structure it to “force” people into labour markets which aren’t enjoyable.

I believe the only "forcing" would be UBI, by its inherent nature, forcing industry to finally pay people in undesirable or high risk jobs at a much higher rate.

And I think that's great.

If industry finds themselves with a sudden labour shortage, they can be agile and respond by offering workers much better pay and conditions.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
You think there's anything Bishop could do which is worse than what she did to those mesothelioma sufferers?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
What's the saying?

When you're privileged, equality feels like persecution.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Lid posted:

Liberal MPs are fuming and embarrassed over a push from within their own branches for the promotion of gay conversion therapy and removal of discrimination protections for gay people, with one MP describing it as a "dark" throwback to the 19th century.

The Victorian Liberal Party's state council will debate a motion calling for the law to be changed to ensure doctors "can offer counselling out of same-sex attraction or gender transitioning", as Fairfax Media revealed at the weekend.

The proposal, from a Young Liberal branch linked to veteran federal MP Kevin Andrews, also says the state government should give parents and minors "full information about the psychological harms of social, medical and surgical gender transitioning".

loving Young Libs.

They make Tony loving Abbott look sane and progressive.

quote:

Several federal MPs from Victoria were also incensed about the proposals but were reluctant to comment due to upcoming preselections.

And this tells you everything you need to know about modern Australian politics, right here.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ekuNNN posted:

"Workers at the South Korean division of General Motors trash their CEO’s office, after learning that none of the workers would get their bonus this year, due to a 'cash crisis', even though GM increased its’ total cash reserves by $2.69 billion in 2017. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLGIHhvDuvA

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Anidav posted:

Greg Hunt interview goes off rails over 'free speech' and gay conversion therapy

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

tithin posted:

If the cfmeu absorbed the fsu I wouldn't complain.

You'd see the big banks absolutely poo poo themselves though

Then they get absorbed by the MUA :getin:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ewe2 posted:

Caroline Wilson has a spray about the ongoing ramifications of the Goodes Affair.

It's terrible that nothing has changed, except how careful the media management is.

Goodes' Australian of the Year plaque is still the only one covered in shatterproof perspex.

This is what all the other plaques look like:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

tithin posted:

but then, this guy's a fuckwit who's trying to gently caress over his staff so he can choke on my dick

Yet another time where a comma would help so much.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The more I think about that plan to remove all those corpses from under the Melbourne CBD the funnier it gets.

I mean, what if people don't want their distant relatives' corpses back?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Are they going to DNA test everyone in Victoria to find their relatives?

If so, it's even odds they'd immediately give that info to the cops.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

bell jar posted:

some sort of bank, for the common wealth of all australians

"Common weal" :eng101:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

bandaid.friend posted:

Skyrim is trash. The world looks pretty but the game is boring and incredibly buggy. I wish I hadn't played it for 45 hours before I realised I wasn't actually enjoying it

Walking around and looking at mountains was OK

If you want a good 'wander around a huge world and bash monsters' play Witcher 3.

I can't even begin to say how much better it is than Skyrim - and I played the hell out of Skyrim.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

CrazyTolradi posted:

Matthew Guy puts Tones' flag game to shame.

EDIT: That's 16 flags behind Guy.

gently caress this whole police state bullshit they're bringing in.

The previous status quo with "designated areas" was bad enough with its Kafkaesque bullshit, now any kid, at any time can get a black mark for any - or no - reason.

"Notice orders" what the hell even are they? I can't find anything online detailing what they do.

Police can hand them out when they don't like the look of you and breaking them can apparently result in jail time. Do they appear on your record? Will they stop kids from getting jobs or further education? Are they going to limit their movement? Will they act as a curfew?

There seems to be just one source online, the Herald Sun, and it's behind a paywall. I'll have to go through the last few days' editions when I get to work and see if it's detailed in the physical copy of the paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Gridlocked posted:

I spent more time trying to set up Skyrim to be a cool hunter-mercenary-viking simulator with cool monsters, weather mechanics, increased lethality and cloathing mechanics than I did playing said moded game.

I started as a hunter in the woods and got eaten by wolves. Twice.

Then a troll ambushed me and it regenerated faster than I could hit it with my sword.

I abused feedback loops until I could run around wearing just enchanted boots and a necklace and literally never die and had a dozen weapons which could one-shot the end boss.

The only thing Bethesda games are good for is breaking them.

• Locked thread