Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That axe feels on theme with the anchor as well. several references to industrial London too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

There's a 12 minute queue time to get into the main screen on xbone. Is this a rampant problem?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

A Typical Goon posted:

I just waited 12 minutes and nothing happened, the queue is a lie

This

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So Xbox is not allowing me to buy anything on Fortnight. Is there a reason for this? I've tried three credit cards and a PayPal account and I get virtually the same error message. I've put in a call to Microsoft support but, is this at all something that happens?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Best way to find a llama is to open your parachute above the desert biome and jus scan the ground for the purple colored llama stark against the orange/tan terrain.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Fitzy Fitz posted:

anyone who's ever played a shooter before should be able to land in a popular place and stand a chance

Against the first 1-3 guys, but someone's gonna end up sneaking up on you if it's a popular enough place

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Is there an event occurring in game today?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yo the music over this "To be continued..." screen are absolute jams

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You can literally only get Vader at Level 100 with how the content is gated in the battle pass, so spend the stars however you want, you’ll be guaranteed to have enough by the time you can unlock Vader. 5 stars per level.

Reality seeds are found wherever there’s a pink tree on the map, they’re usually located in little purple pods you can break open, where they come slowly flying down. some reality trees (the kinda fungusy looking ethereal trees) have fruit (usually at the top of the tree, color coded to item rarity) and sometimes those drop seeds as well.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

goferchan posted:

Technically you could get him at 90 when the page unlocks if you saved up previous stars, right? But yeah, level 100 gets you enough to unlock everything on the pass

Nah cuz Vader is the “unlock everything else on this page first” guy

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

King Burgundy posted:

I got him at 90 after saving up stars. Once I fully unlocked the page at 90, I was able to buy everything on the page.

Curse you King Burgundy.. CURSE YOOOOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The Herald is tough rn because it’s the new hotness and lots of people with your exact same quest tryna do it at the same time. It’ll definitely get easier over time, the boss is not that difficult to actually kill. Shoot at them, kill the wolves, wait for spawn/teleport/shield to drop, shoot again

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m pretty good and I still get bots in matches. It usually feels about ~2 teams of bots drop in most POIs

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Something Fortnite does better than every other battle pass game, imo, is the constant drip feeding of poo poo to actually do? Even if it’s just getting kills with a weird gun, it gives a sense of accomplishment and progression even when you don’t win.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mister Facetious posted:

What is the difference between the weapon rarities in no-build?

should be none? anecdotally, it feels higher, but no reason to think that beyond playtimes probably

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PantsBandit posted:

Gotta be a new map right? Or at least a heavily remixed version of the current one.

yeah, old island is gone, new island is (the event was watching it like physically being built) coming tomorrow or whenever

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

AndrewP posted:

is there any way to earn a measly 50 dang V-Bucks?

I apparently have 900 currently and the BP is 950, but I don't feel like buyin a whole $10 pack or whatever

It’s not *much* better but you can get something like 600 vbucks from a package in the store that only costs like $4?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Vitamean posted:

I think phones are locked to playing with other phones unless they get invited to a cross-platform party or dare to turn off platform matchmaking in the settings.

I've seen invites from PC players pop up on my phone, so I'm pretty sure they can play together.

My nephew (a 10 year old child) plays this on his iPad by streaming the Xbox Version of the game to his iPad. Sometimes while hot spotting off his mother’s phone.

I don’t really have a point here, I just think it’s the most arcane thing possible. Children will find a way if given the tech.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

IG-88 posted:

I ended up making my son's new xbox the home console for his mom's place. Then I went and made a new Epic account on my PC so I can play with him when he'd like to.

Well, we won our first game together. I can't quite explain what a nice feeling it is. Little dude is 8 years old. He's gotten wins before but this is the first game we played together on the same team. I don't think we'll ever forget this.

Heartwarming stuff, thanks for sharing. Whenever I win a game with my nephew it feels like the first time I’ve won again, it’s a great feeling.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Something about the way fortnite does their character models makes the dudes who are huge and badass (Thanos, Master Chief, Doomguy) look like they are getting *so into it* in the dances. It’s amazing.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Blorknorg posted:

It feels like a cracked window into their future monetization plans for the game. At least you can still pay for the 'mini battlepass' with Itchy and Scratchy bux, for now.

I don't play that much fartnite anymore but I do have a stack of about 2000 vbux to buy the pass if I'm playing when it comes out and I feel p. sure this is to target folks who sit on their vbux for passes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr Hootington posted:

Fortnite is doing a collab with Nike for Nike's newly launched Web3 collectible nft sneaker line .Swoosh

ohhhh,, yes, this. now this is very good.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

They should replace the teleporting porta potties with police call boxes for that

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr Hootington posted:

Update delayed until tomorrow.
A crumb jas been thrown! Fortnite x Futurama arriving tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1683840535205916673?t=dEw3IYFqg3TSOuo61kA0TQ&s=19

What year is it?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr Hootington posted:

2023 and a new season of Futurama is releasing on hulu

It’s 1999 and a new season of Futurama is releasing…

It’s 2008 and a new season of Futurama is releasing…

It’s 2023 and a new season of Futurama is releasing…

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The jungle is weird because it’s truly quite difficult to navigate and ripe for accidental suicides but some of the combat in the jungle floor is fun as gently caress. The trees can eat one though.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr Hootington posted:

We have to remove the cool stuff to make room for the triannual star wars event.

Here’s another anime event with a weapon that does CRAAAAZY DAMAGE and is entirely oblique unless you know the anime intimately.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The Cube is BACK

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Spacebump posted:

Def a lot less shields this season.

I miss augments/perks. Hope they come back next season.

The loot table in general seems to have backslid to what it once was. Greens being “good” pickups and anything above Blue being sincerely difficult to find.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

There’s enough bucks in the pass to pay for itself, it’s only a month long season so I’m not too fussed there isn’t a tremendous amount more.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr Hootington posted:

Post the email

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dead Nerve posted:

I wish I was better at tossing boogie bombs. I tend to make everyone dance including myself.

This is their intended usage

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I can cede that OG is slower and maybe a little more boring but I will say it’s a huge relief to not have one billion things to do at every POI

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah I'm at 41 and I'm almost maxed out on all quests, even my milestones.

This is my biggest “complaint” this season. Gimme some more quests damnit.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Super No Vacancy posted:

they cant just be the most popular game they also need to be a metaverse where you can have branded experiences where you do a weird hobbling half-run everywhere and collect floating logos

How else can they truly advertise the Taco Bell Taco Hunt Sponsored by Taco Bell as being for “all ages” if some folks might have a gun on them

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dorium posted:

Glad we're getting a map refresh this Friday. I'm really sick of this base game map. Dunno how the long-timers did it. Just real bad.

Give me variety already.

It’s something like, “we didn’t know what there could be, so this all felt like a lot.” It was fun at the time. Hell, it’s still fun now, they’ve just gotten us so used to things changing and being slightly bigger than they are this season. The biggest failing of this season, imo, was just absolutely no missions to do.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Yeah what’s the gun mod meta? Anyone have that nailed down yet? I generally go with what I think is useful, but there are clearly some very OP unintuitive builds happening.

I’ve been absolutely shredded in a fraction of a second by a gun that shouldn’t work like that

I think there’s a mod for guns called “Cover Fire” that equates to them making GBS threads bullets at like 2-3x the rate. It’s less accurate but if you’re close enough, it will shred. I got dropped in a fraction of a second by a guy with one.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I will say I am very curious what “survival crafting” is with the Fartnite Lego stuff

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Minecraft Fortnite is kinda fun, seems like the kind of thing that would be fun to play with my nephew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

1glitch0 posted:

So is Rocket League brand new or did Fortnite just incorporate it? Seems pretty good for an add on game on Fortnite.

This did psychic damage to me