Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Dakotaz voice is grating as gently caress too. He sounds like he's struggling to hold in a fart when talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Continuing streamer chat, what's the thread's preference for solo/duo/squad streamrs? I have no idea why, but I loathe watching non-solo streams unless it's like Ninja with Drake or Ninja with Shroud or some other hot shot celeb stuff.

Calvin and Kayuun are a good duo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Scyantific posted:

Anyone keep up with King Richard or SypherPK? Been watching them while weighing whether or not to get into Fortnite. KR seems pretty chill during his late night streams.

I watch SypherPK a fair bit. Dude is chill, never tilts, and occasionally does educational bits during his Fortnite streams, examining his play for the chat. I'd argue he's the best at doing quick building edits too. Fun to watch if you want to see high IQ building.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Scyantific posted:

Yeah I used to dump on Sypher back when he bailed on school to stream ESO full time. Good to know he's made it tho.

He actually talked about this during one stream, dropping out of school and how his stream was a struggle. Fortnite is really what helped propel him into becoming a legit successful streamer.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

StabMasterArson posted:

Firing a single shot at a guy to have him poo poo out a castle sucks

Building is a core mechanic of this game, and is cool and good, and at high level enables pretty cool build offs to gain the high ground and outsmart your enemies.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

StabMasterArson posted:

These guys are on way too much energy drink

Cheen posted:

More like amphetamines- they keep it up for like 8 hours straight, sometimes longer.

Or they're actually good at the game. That's a thing that's possible too :v:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah the guy who is constantly yelling and rubbing his nose for several hours straight has never been on an upper

Ninja was not featured in any of those clips I linked.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Beastie posted:

Just lol if you think these young people are making six figures a month playing video games and not doing an assload of drugs with their newly acquired fortunes.

How they choose to spend their free time and money is none of my business and doesn't affect me :shrug:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Is anyone else watching the Las Vegas tournament? First match went to the wire between the last two.

Really well run event. The stream nearly peaked at 700k viewers. As for Fortnite as a spectator esport with hundreds of competitors, yeah, end game Fortnite and any 1v1 building battles that happened were intense as gently caress. Really entertaining to watch. Can't wait till they get a proper spectator client built in for when they inevitably have big money tournaments.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Epic could go the DotA International route and crowd fun the prize pot for whatever big, official tournament they want to put together. All they'd need to do is release a special "Fortnite Tournament Battle Pass" that unlocks an exclusive tournament skin with matching back bling and a pick axe and they'll have their $1 million dollar tournament funded in like a day.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

50v50 is good to just mess around in, yeah. I've been playing it only using "off meta" loadouts. It's also good for beginners to hone in on building since you get assloads of materials fast and you won't die for a good long while.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/988522651982483456
Nice.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Housh posted:

Does that mean the hacking that plagues PUBG will seep its way into Fortnite?

Maybe on China only servers?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

What is it with China and ruining esports? They hosed over the Shanghai franchise in OWL hard. I know nothing of Tencent, but I guess they're a lovely org too?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Tencent is Chinese EA

:rip:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The animation in PUBG is janky as gently caress too. The art direction and animation fidelity in Fortnite is lightyears better than PUBG.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

santanotreal posted:

Meteors randomly crashing through buildings seems like a dumb gimmick. Am I wrong?

Yes. It's great.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Sioux posted:

Why do all Fortnite streamers yell "Let's go!" after each kill? It's so annoying. Is it a PUBG thing?

Have you never cheered a form of "Let's go!" at a sporting event? Same kind of cheer applies to any competitive scenario.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Kiranamos posted:

The something awful .com forums

Sometimes I forget where I am.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Attitude Indicator posted:

patch didn't include a fix for me to survive a gun fight. boring.

Get good scrublord.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Fortnite doesn't need matchmaking.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Is there like a guide to not sucking at the game? Other players always seem to land faster than me, find me really easily, build faster and better, etc. I can't ever tell what weapons are good or not either, the colors don't seem to mean much? Just some kind of video guide about basics and slightly advanced stuff would help a lot. I feel kind of lost.

Don't glide over hills, trees or mountains when you drop from the bus. Try to aim for valleys/land closer to sea level. You will pop your parachute lower that way.

Don't switch between building structures with the scroll wheel. Re-bind your build keys to make them easily accessible. Doing so enables you to build faster. Bind the keys to whatever is most comfortable for you.

Weapon colors don't really matter tbh, but in most cases if you have a gray gun and see a green gun, pick up the green gun, if you have a green gun pick up the blue one, etc. The only time this doesn't matter is if you suck with the pump shotgun, stick to the tactical or heavy shotgun. Or if you have like a gray pistol and see a green revolver. That's more so player preference in those instances. Avoid the semi-auto sniper, light machine gun, and mini-gun.

"Meta" weapon kit includes any assault rifles, shotguns, and sniper rifles. The semi-auto/suppressed pistol can be good if you don't have anything else. The deagle is also a good medium range alternative if you don't have a sniper rifle. Rocket launcher/grenades (splodes) are always good to have. You ideally want a rifle as your main weapon. You always want a shotgun for those close range fights, but if you don't have one, a tac SMG is a good alternative. With loot it also helps to keep a consistent organization scheme in your inventory slots, e.g., 1st slot is your pickaxe, 2nd is medium/long range weapon (rifles), 3rd is close range (shotgun/tac smg), 4th is sniper, 5 and 6 for splodes and health items. Rebind those slots if necessary as well.

teagone fucked around with this message at 17:18 on May 5, 2018

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Kelp Plankton posted:

In a game where they could basically do whatever they want with making skins, like 70% of the stuff in BR is soldier dudes

I'm sure it appeals to some people, they wouldn't keep doing it if those skins didn't sell, but it's just so boring

Of the 90 skins you are/were able to purchase with v-bucks, 44 of them are female. http://orcz.com/Fortnite_Battle_Royale:_All_Skins

[edit] Trailblazer Twitch Prime skin is great because it reminds me of the Colonial Marine armor from Aliens.

teagone fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 10, 2018

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

pzy posted:

Couldn't help your lil squad bro out and buy him a Battlepass?! Then he'd have an unsmashed xbox! You monster.

I was gonna say. Should have been a responsible adult and bought it for him.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I’m not sure what happened earlier but we were 50v50 and it got down to us leading 14v1 yet the final enemy somehow built so high that we were all in the storm but they survived a millisecond longer than us to take the win :psyduck:

santanotreal posted:

People will stack up on just med kits and place a double campfire so that they can outlive the entire other team as the circle closes

Lol this just happened to a 50v50 I was in, there were like 20 of us though, and 2 of them left. They ended up nading all of us from a perch on a mountain top they were hiding in just on the edge of the last circle and we all died in the storm.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Anyone into competitive Fortnite, Keemstar's Friday Fortnite started an hour ago. Brackets, rules, etc. here https://umggaming.com/friday-fortnite/brackets

[edit] Will say I watched last week, and while I'm not super fond of the format they use, it is still more entertaining to see top streamers try to outfrag one another than just regular standard Fortnite play. Think Epic can do something better though, for whenever they settle on a standardized tournament format.

teagone fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 25, 2018

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AAB posted:

this tourney owns. I've have been watching select matches here and there last week and the week before. Glad that now there's funny streamer drama introduced this week lmao

You referring to Myth being a salty baby about Sypher's delay not being 2min? Myth looked like he was gonna cry during the discussion of what to do lmao. And yeah, the tourney is pretty cool. The Ninja/KingRichard vs SypherPK/Nickmercs match was insane. Both matches they had over 30+ kills as a squad, in favor of Ninja/KingRichard. Seeing a third of the server get shredded by one squad was really fun.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Sypher gonna go MVP mode.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Yeah, the building mechanic in the game is what sets it apart from pretty much everything else. Plenty of people hate it. I think it makes the game fun as gently caress, especially when you get a good enough grasp on it to edge out 1v1s in build battles. I feel like I'm playing some crazy hybrid shooter puzzle game when I'm going up against someone else who also knows how to build.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Shopping carts are loving hilarious. This game owns.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Yeah, that match was ridiculous. 46 kills between the Ninja/Lupo and Myth/Hamlinz lmao. I'm watching Calvin's stream to support one of the OG OW streamers. He's shredding it up real good, owning.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Nickmercs is too "dudebro" for me, but he seems chill. I really only watch Sypher's Fortnite stream now. Or whenever Calvin is streaming Fortnite but that's rare. Tim is bad at the game, and I only find him funny when I'm watching him on other people's streams. His screaming voice is great background filler when watching an actual good player lol.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Before there was only one emote. Now there are lots. You can also just hit B to bring up the emote menu and hit the corresponding number to use whatever emote, i.e., press B and then press 1 and you'll do the emote in the 1st slot. It's literally just one more keypress lmao.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

chird posted:

Only played BR a few times. Why do the streamers always seem to be constantly shifting through their weapons when running?

It's a holdover from competitive FPS/shooters. Keeps fingers loose/warm, ready for any quick twitch movements and whatnot. I've been doing the same thing since CS 1.3 and other online shooters decades ago.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Just a heads up! The Fortnite Pro/Am tourney at E3 is going to start in about an hour.

Watch here: https://www.twitch.tv/fortnite

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Voodoo posted:

This is such a strange production so far.

Yes. Quite. But lol it has nearly 700,000 viewers and they haven't even played yet.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Voodoo posted:

And now we see the issue with BR as an esport. 40 people dead so far and exactly zero of the kills have been seen on camera.

Lupo decent on commentary at least.

Edit: finally saw Ninja get eliminated at 45

Think they need to scale up production in that regard. Get 10 or 15 people on observer cameras each match to scope out potential hot zones. End game Fortnite doesn't really have any issues though; build fights are really fun to watch.

I clipped the build fight where Ninja got eliminated by Gotaga in the solos warmup match. Gives a decent look at how the new observer client can handle Fortnite Esports. https://clips.twitch.tv/KnottyBlushingPieFutureMan

[edit] Also yeah, Lupo has been a great caster. Hope he continues to do that for future Fortnite tourneys.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

This mlg poo poo makes me hate the game.

You can not watch E S P O R T S and just play the game. That's a thing you can do.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Tei posted:

I have not played the BR part of the game in a week or so. Busy traveling around and stuff.

I guess if you are fan of soccer is a cool thing? I am a nerd and the only soccer fans I see are the ones that stab each other in the streets or put cars on fire because their team lost.

I *remember* playing videogame soccer games in the 80's. I think a lot of people that only play 1 videogame they play a sport game. So it make sense to link sports with your game to try to attract that public. Overwatch also did it.

It seems to be a cynical thing executives ask developers do to try to increase the userbase to people that would not normally play your game.

lmao, what?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

So are Save the World husks gonna be coming out of Loot Lake now and disperse themselves over the map?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Battle Royale is pretty good, you should try that.