Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

If they put in a new map I would appreciate if they'd let me choose which one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Imagine if you could go back 12 months and tell people that fortnite would soon be the most played game (and most watched game on twitch).

12 months ago I would have said, "You think anyone is gonna play that loony tunes poo poo?

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Too Shy Guy posted:

My coworkers convinced me to try this during our lunch break, and it's pretty fun! I even killed a few dudes.

This is going to be the noobiest question in the world, but what exactly is the point of building? It seemed to me like there were plenty of buildings to hole up in already, and player-created structures would be like neon PERSON IS HIDING HERE signs. I guess what I'm really asking is, what SHOULD I be building?

Building does 2 major things for you: cover from bullets and giving you a height advantage against another player. That height advantage is really important and is a major factor in securing more long distance kills.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Kind of lovely, but does anyone know of a direct phone number for customer service for this? Some French speaking dick bought $208 worth of fortnite poo poo off my account somehow. I haven't played on PC since launch (I sometimes do it on PS4 but that account is still baseline)

I put in a ticket but it's been a week and they haven't answered it. Paypal won't let me dispute the transaction either. I would have put 2 factor auth on but, well, I haven't played since July 2017 and it was a dead game until they added Battle Royale.

Sadly, I think the only phone number they'll give you is 1-800-EAT-poo poo

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

StabMasterArson posted:

Firing a single shot at a guy to have him poo poo out a castle sucks

I hear that, and it was what made me wary of the game as well. What I learned was when you take that shot at someone and they start making GBS threads out a castle they lose visibility in pretty much every direction as they build- you can take this opportunity to close in and ramp up. You also just have to accept that long range pick-offs are less of a thing in this game.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

StabMasterArson posted:

These guys are on way too much energy drink and I can barely even tell whats happening

More like amphetamines- they keep it up for like 8 hours straight, sometimes longer.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

I'm guessing this is for people who play with a controller/phone. I can't see being something i pick up if it takes up an inventory slot.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

MarshyMcFly posted:

I’m not doing any of those things.

are you the last one alive and then don't get kills? do you just not get kills? if its either of these things just play with other people

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

spamhead80 posted:

Maybe it's because you aren't a team player and are a loot whore to boot? But what do I know, I've only sat in PSN chat and listened to people try to nicely talk to you about it a billion times.

:drat:

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

PSA since I didn't know this either, you don't have to individually click to place buildings, you can just hold down the buttons. So if you are doing stairways just keep running up, if you are building 1x1s then just spin while holding it. It helps SO MUCH.

DSA: distribute your building materials evenly among your squad-mates

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Seditiar posted:

That and they just announced a PUBG tournament where 9 out of 20 seeds are for Asian located countries. Player numbers wise it's probably the right ratio. But skill wise we all know that's not even close to true. I haven't seen a single good team from Asia in CS:GO, apart from a single 1- day fly team. I kinda doubt that's different with PUBG (or Fortnite).

E: And what Cinci posted.

In case you're curious about the ratio.

Its their tourney- who cares how they seed it

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

something awful DOT com used to be a comedy forum where we could make fun of the distruction of tilted towers...

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

I saw people saying it may not be more total xp but rather the curve is more frontloaded.. Aka more xp needed in the early levels and less xp in the late (compared to last season)

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

Is there like a guide to not sucking at the game? Other players always seem to land faster than me, find me really easily, build faster and better, etc. I can't ever tell what weapons are good or not either, the colors don't seem to mean much? Just some kind of video guide about basics and slightly advanced stuff would help a lot. I feel kind of lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrJD1CzSpzk

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Beastie posted:

I think my problem is, and I understand that I could be 100% wrong, is that the guns don’t provide enough feedback.

Like, I know how an M16 should work. But every time I use one in this game it puts rounds everywhere but the crosshairs.

To me they just lack oomph. Maybe I’m just legit bad (entirely possible) but none of the guns behave how I would expect them.

Again, this is a personal problem but it’s currently wrecking me.

Most guns have "bloom" and you can be pinpoint accurate with your crosshair and still miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

John Murdoch posted:

Hey, lemme know when they remove the pump shotty and the game's finally playable.

no one is going to do this for you