Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like the look personally and the first episode caught my attention more than anything has in a while. excited to see where it goes

also I like the ed a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he's been coaching joe in the art of throwing the fight

does that count

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the purpose of the gears is to look cool and make the show visually distinct from regular boxing and idk if they thought about it much beyond those points. they kinda don't make sense when you think about it. at least not for boxing

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea that kinda worries me too

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

also horrible screaming that may or may not have been a man getting raped in the background through that entire conversation

ok the candy was drugs but this was definitely not what was happening

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what if boxing, but sweet robot arms

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm always worried when kids get brought into the main cast but this one's pretty cool thus far

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Why does it make you worried

I don't like the goofy kid sidekicks and they're often bad

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tsob posted:

I'm gonna say the opposite and note how glad I am that they're not just visual metaphor but that the show is giving them a bit of weight, so that when Joe takes a bunch with no gear of his own it knocks the poo poo out of him and he struggles to get up from a single punch. One that didn't even land clean going by dialogue. And when he does get up you can see that he's still thrown by it, both because he's instinctively afraid of getting the same again despite his apparent desire and because his hearing and sight are rattled for the rest of the fight.

that was cool but at the same time it had me wondering what the difference is between that and when he was getting hit in the face with his gear on earlier. it's not like the gear actually protects anything it's not covering

probably not something they put a lot of thought into and I guess I shouldn't either

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he clearly took way more damage without the gear from a body blow than he did to the face with it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

EGSunBro posted:

Yeah that episode was much heavier than I was ready for from the drip feed of real life the shows had so far. I'm still blown away by this show episode to episode.

if they keep up this level of quality the whole way through, I'll be super impressed

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jon Joe posted:

The show looks really low budget to me. Don’t get me wrong, it also looks incredible, but I keep noticing a bunch of animation tricks that tell me the budget is tight. I think they’re doing amazing stuff with just a little, so the quality isn’t likely to drop.

wasn't exactly referring to the animation

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

an actual dog posted:

He's gonna take it off without her permission and it's gonna own

I'd be surprised if this doesn't happen

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think the way yuri's being presented makes more sense that he'd take off the gear and fight as a regular boxer. he's clearly very interested in joe and there's the obvious caged dog metaphor

unless he's araragi again and the gear is also a medical thing, I think it's a safe bet to say that he'll have a gearless fight with joe

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

joe is old enough that plenty of people haven't seen it while megalo box is still ongoing. there are a bunch of people experiencing joe for the first time through megalo box and I'm sure they don't appreciate walking face fist into potential spoilers

I don't really mind it personally but you gotta see that it's not as simple as "well joe's old". using spoiler tags is just common courtesy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

Spoiler tags are obtrusive and annoying and sas implementation of them is especially lame so I'm opposed to them by nature.

this is kinda selfish. they exist for a reason and it doesn't hurt you to use them

• Locked thread