Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

dotchan posted:

What I want out of the sequel:
L
* White and Yellow Subtitles that argue with one another, a la the White and Yellow Text Boxes.

Daniel Way didn’t know how to write Deadpool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mithras storyline was god tier. Monty is the best.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 08:17 on May 2, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I've watched this thing like 3 times already. How is this real.

It's amazing and my mom will love it. She loved Deadpool too as well.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Preview screenings or did I jump ahead a few days in time?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

According to IMDB it's not out anywhere yet. Unless there was some early preview screenings going on.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

God I can’t wait.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sir Kodiak posted:

Was a bit disappointed the movie didn't make any jokes at the expense of T.J. Miller's implosion. Not the safest target, I guess.

They would've had to have gone back and done reshoots. I'd imagine they just want to let it go. And probably, Reynolds is most likely friends with him, and being lovely to your friend during their lowest point isn't cool.

Everyone who isn't friends with Miller should rag on him though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No, no no..gently caress you sir.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowman_McK posted:

It's a lowest point of his own making. gently caress that guy.

People think I'm always defending someone when I mention that their in real life friends might not be so quick to say "gently caress 'em"

I don't care about TJ Miller. I don't think he deserves to be in movies right now. But like, I can see why Ryan Reynolds may not want to make a supremely public joke about his, I'm assuming, friend's issues.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Friendships are weird as hell man.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowman_McK posted:

They are if you stay friends with a sex monster who called in a bomb threat because a woman wouldn't go on a date with him.

The trick is to not stay friends with them.

I’m not Ryan Reynolds! I’m only just giving a possible reason why there wasn’t any jokes at his expense.

I have friends who are still friends with really bad people and continue to be friends with them despite completely not enjoying their company. It’s weird. It’s all weird!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowman_McK posted:

No, that's just stupid, not weird. You are friends with bad people who you don't like hanging out with, that's stupid.

I like my friends, enjoy their company, and don't have to ignore massive breaches of the social contract. It's cool. You should try it.

Stop twisting my loving words.
I’ll cop to the first part because I did say being lovely to your friends during their lowest isn’t good, which I’ll stand by in a general sense.

I’m not friends with a sex pest, rapist, or super racist, I have no context irl here. My friends who are friends with those who are are not me, and I don’t share that same comraderee.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I really adored this movie. Its the first movie but with more and better in some ways.

Anytime Cable is standing in a mirror with the purple comic book city behind him just owns.

I went to the double showing thing and that was worth it to be honest. Good character stuff carries through.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

poptart_fairy posted:

It was played completely straight.

Good satire is played super straight

*coughackstarshiptroopers*

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

poptart_fairy posted:

I disagree that playing the death comepletely straight, using it to kick start the entire plot and then reversing it in a quick joke post credits is satire. Winking at the camera and saying "this lazy writing" doesn't make it any less so, but at this point :shrug:

But it's not really about her dying. It's about Deadpool growing as a person. He was already doing that before she died. Her death actually put him back 10 steps.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's not about that character though. It's about Deadpool. (I'm talking the point of the movie)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

poptart_fairy posted:

Almost as if wasting the character to motivate deadpool is my issue...

It didn't motivate Deadpool though!!!!!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Does "Peter" from the trailers do anything important? Because one of the trailers with him had this really dramatic skydiving moment and I'm curious whether that ends in a gag or if he actually helps.

He saves the world

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

poptart_fairy posted:

His entire story is triggered, developed and concluded as a result of it. Any other event could have been used but they went for the laziest one IMO.

My dude, it did the exact opposite of what you said.

So the film opens with Deadpool doing merc poo poo, and going super deep into it. But at the same time as he's doing all this killin, he's also trying to settle down and actually have some kids. For once he feels a real connection with a person and is willing to do something with that person that he never thought he could. He was changing into a more well rounded human. But then, due to his gently caress ups with being a merc, she dies. He doesn't go forward, but backward. He keeps trying to die and "see" Vanessa, but he can't because his "heart isn't in the right place." He wasn't changing. He was regressing.

He's motivated by seeing Firefirst and realizing, like him, he was abused. He doesn't have anyone. He can't change and be a better person without help. This is what motivates Deadpool. The act of connecting with a person who needs it the most. That's what the film was about. Finding meaningful connections with people.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

poptart_fairy posted:

Hmm, if only that wasn't all triggered off by the exact complaint I have.

Why was it impossible to develop Deadpool without unceremoniously killing off Vanessa?

They could've had a different theme, and point I suppose. But they didn't so oh well.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah. Oh well. One of the laziest tropes in writing, women getting refrigerated to advance a male character's story, happened in a big movie where they tried to be progressive as heck. Oops!

Welp, no big deal, right? I'm a man, you're man, doesn't affect us so who cares right? :shrug:

You're right that they tried to put a positive twist on it but the fact that they did it at all is the problem. They didn't have to.

But "oh well". :rolleyes:
Watch the after credits.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And before I have a million people come after me, I do get it. It wasn't my favorite thing in the film and I was worried about it. But I ended up understanding why they did it besides just "motivation". I thought it all tied in very well. And since she's not dead any more, they can easily give her a bigger role in the next one due to getting the big "meaningful connections" theme out of the way. And she can probably get her powers finally. Or maybe not. I dunno.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

All that matters is the sugar bear.

Everyone is trash compared.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Where is all this SXSW stuff coming from? All I can find is some articles about a test screening in Jan, and that people wanted more Domino and Cable.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Legally not allowed to happen.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Honestly dude was pretty shredded in this. He must’ve worked out hard.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah all that seems like bullshit.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want Taskmaster and Bullseye in the next movie.

And Montgomery.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dopinder loving owns. I don’t want him on the team because he will die horribly.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like the 2 year Anniversary Blu Ray.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Deadpool’s on FX now, and they said gently caress and poo poo. But then it changes another line from “gently caress up worse guys” to “‘mess up”.

So odd.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

davidspackage posted:

Turning Domino black with a white vitiligo eye was a great idea. Was there any serious backlash from nerds about that this time round?

Not serious, but nerds are angry still.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They even gave it a good few seconds before turning the light on. These little jokes are amazing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MisterBibs posted:

gently caress "fantastic", that was downright horrifying.

"oh, that's fine, he's just resting on the bed, at least JESUS CHRIST HE HAS NO HEAD, poo poo"

I laughed pretty hard.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes. They’re looking for One-Eyed Willie’s treasure.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Disgusting Coward posted:

I wish "posting a sequence of tweets rather than just getting a blog" was a trope that'd get fridged, or whatever.

Sorry old, it’s here to stay!

For another year or so. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Eh, comics Deadpool curses but it’s bleeped and the violence has always been there.

He kinda needs to be R. It’s what sets him apart from the other comic movies.

• Locked thread